It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Alert this post message

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I can't help but laugh out loud at this post:

Originally posted by TechVampyre
None of that sounds like abuse to me.. And my issue is valid, I am informing you as to why members are "over using" the alert button.. It's simple..

I'm sure the mod with the doggie above didn't say anything about members "over using" the laert button. As a matter off fact i'm sure he said quite the opposite.
I wonder if you were to phone 911 every 10 minutes to report a stranger walking past your house, if the police is going to continue taking your calls? And if they asked you to tone it down a bit, would you also tell them to shut up and do their work? Tell 'em if they can't handle the load that they shpould rather hire more cops so that they can handle the amount of phone calls you throw their wya?

Theyre providing a public service. And as I understand it, ATS mods do it for free. So i don't see what gives you the right to demand anything or to insult them?

The staff obviously can't keep up with the growing numbers of users, troll's, etc.. So the Members do there part and click the alert button..

You talk about trolls, yet you come into a thread with a chip on your shoulder so big you had to turn side-ways to get in. where a perfectlyy decent question was asked and answered and you tunr it into a mod bashing thread? Pot? kettle? troll?

I don't care what it is they are alerting a mod too.. If the alert button is pressed it is the STAFF's responsibly to handle the work load..

Again. they dont owe you anything. They willingly give up their time to keep ATS a great place to visit. I'm sure they would much rather participate in threads than to constantly monitor their alert function place.

If the staff can't keep up with the growing demand of alerts.. Then There will be no choice then to get more mod's.. The members have a right to alert anything they feel is "unjust" or offensive..

This is a staff problem, Not a member problem.. SO if YOU have a issue.. I would suggest YOU take it up with the site Administrator, and perhaps get a few new mods..

No. Teh problem is obviously you. I wonder if you have access to the alert button section to see whats really going on? My guess is that only a person that knows both sides of the story can critisize like you do. I wish I coudl see what the mods do in their little section for just one day. Im sure they'll earn even more of my respect.

Originally posted by TechVampyre
ATS what a joke this site has become..

This from a guy that's been here almost 6 months? A whole 6months? Why don't you start your own site with as many mods as you can possibly get to volunteer? Work them like slaves, and then let's take a look at your site in 6 month's time.

That's all. Thanx for the laugh a minute.
edit on 4/22/11 by Gaspode because: tag thingies

edit on 4/22/11 by Gaspode because: stupid kcaps key

edit on 4/22/11 by Gaspode because: oh forget it

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaspode

Exactly, thanks Gaspode... It never ceases to amaze me the entitlement some feel in this world.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaspode

Couldn't have said it better myself Gaspode. If I could give you a star for that post, I would. It would be well-deserved.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

new topics

<< 1   >>

join