It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST READ:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
NY Times Article

C.I.A. Aides Feel Pressure in Preparing Iraqi Reports
By JAMES RISEN

ASHINGTON, March 22 � The recent disclosure that reports claiming Iraq tried to buy uranium from Niger were based partly on forged documents has renewed complaints among analysts at the C.I.A. about the way intelligence related to Iraq has been handled, several intelligence officials said.

Analysts at the agency said they had felt pressured to make their intelligence reports on Iraq conform to Bush administration policies.

For months, a few C.I.A. analysts have privately expressed concerns to colleagues and Congressional officials that they have faced pressure in writing intelligence reports to emphasize links between Saddam Hussein's government and Al Qaeda...

:::more:::

(NY Times Online requires a free subscription. This article is well worth it.)

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
just how badly Bush has handled this whole affair...lets just hope he keeps his ideas out of the war planning, and leaves it to the military guys who train for decades to do this...

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Al-Ansar Islam headed by Mullah Krekar. This man gets support from the Iranian Government, HizbAllah International(Al-Quida), the Iraqi Government, and most likely the Turkish Government.

Then again they are overlooked or ignored by the top intelligence agencies. I was very suprised to hear we shot 5-7 cruise missiles in their camps, that is an improvement but not good enough. I think the top intell agencies are complicant. Why??? For intell, money, resources, collateral, and the upper hand in neutrality. I understand these methods but not when they are not put to good use. When will we actually see the terrorism being fought??? Won't the occupation of Iraq impede that??? I think so. I think that if we are going to rebuild Iraq, we must fight Al-Ansar Islam. Or else the terrorists can rule, like they did in afghanistan.

[Edited on 25-3-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

join