It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam War and Fake Moon Landings. Is There a Connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hey All,

Im still fairly new to the site so if this has been done before or is in the wrong place I apologise profusely.

Here goes

By now everyone has seen and heard all the evidence offered to support the theory that the moon landings were faked. I wont go into detail here but some of the evidence includes

The lack of a blast crater
The waving flag
Stars missing from the sky
The visibility in shadow
Cross hairs behind objects
The astronauts movement
etc etc

I do believe the photos are fake but am undecided on wether we have actually been there or not.

Ive heard a few theories on why it was faked but none really rang true.
Watching Apollo 13 a few yrs ago It suddenly occured to me....... What if the moon landings were faked to distract people from the Vietnam War!!!

I believe JFKs announcement of the Apollo program in 1961 was sincere based on the fact they wanted to get ahead of the Russians who had beaten the US to put the first man in space. At some time over the next few yrs something happened, I think they either found out they didnt have the technology to do it or they realised a moon landing and an expensive war at the same time was not an option.
For the next 8 yrs anytime it was needed a feel good story (well mostly feel good stories, the 3 Astronauts getting burnt to death in their capsule in 1967 may not have made people happy but it definately distracted them) about Astronaut training or the technology that was going to be employed could be rolled out and remind people they lived in the greatest country on earth and to distract them from the American lives that were being lost everyday

When Apollo 11 landed in 1969 the vast majority of Americans forgot about the war and watched in wonder as their country proved its place as the world superpower.

Now, Apollo 12 went without a hitch and while the public were happy the interest was nothing like the first landing. With Apollo 13 the novelty had well and truly worn off, at just over 2 days into the mission a live broadcast went back to earth, for 49 minutes the astronauts gave a guided tour of the craft and showed what life was like in orbit. But the public had seen it all before and no TV stations even ran the story!!!!!

9 minutes after the broadcast finished an oxygen tank exploded putting the Astronauts lives in serious danger, but this was only the first of many problems. For the next 4 days Americans sat transfixed as the thoughts and prayers of an entire nation was with these 3 brave men, all else was forgotten and people were reminded that, to qoute Commander John Lovell "There is nothing routine about flying to the moon".
For me it is incredibly suspicious that a tank exploded 9 min after it was realised the general public didnt care anymore.

Now this may just be the tin foil hat wearer in me coming out but I actually think that movie hints that it was just a diversionary tactic to keep Americans from thinking about the war!!!!!!

Did anyone else who saw the movie think this or has anyone seen this idea anywhere else?

Any thoughts or constructive criticisms would be welcome

Cheers

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think there was plenty of reasons why they faked the moon landings but when it came to vietnam I think they used it to take peoples minds off the war. Its hard to say what society would've done if their only focus through that period was just war. Good thread, I'm curious to see what others have to say on this.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I somewhat agree with what you are thinking.
During the 1960s there was a great race between
all the major countries in the world in many areas
like space,arms and ammunition etc.
I think they faked the landings to show the people of
the world that they are greater than others.

I think there can be a relation between the two.

Nice thread!
edit on 22-4-2011 by Claudius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I dare you to step to Buzz Aldrin and say this.

Anyhow I don't believe the moon landings were faked, and the USSR putting a man in space first was more of a reason for them than Nam. Although you could say the Cold War was a very direct reason for the moon landings.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The space race...more like the arms race. In order to test missiles that were not armed We and the Soviets made a big deal about every launch so that we would not initiate a counter strike from one another. Was the moon landing fake? Let's ask a better question...Have they ever went back? They have billions upon billions of dollars in sattelites, there is an international space station...but nothing on the moon.

Yeah, why do you think that is?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Did you stop to wonder why NASA is using the same video enhancement contractor that worked on James Cameron's AVATAR? Digital enhancement means to clean up the best copies of copies. They are digitally enhancing history to make you believe even harder that it was true.

Not only that but NASA and Cameron worked on something already in 2010...

Bert Ulrich/Steve Cole
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1713/-0918
[email protected]/[email protected]
Aug. 24, 2010

MEDIA ADVISORY : M10-119

"Avatar" Director And NASA Focus On Earth Science Exploration In Psa Campaign

WASHINGTON -- James Cameron, director of "Avatar," the most successful film ever released, is featured in a series of new NASA public service announcements that describe the many contributions of the agency's Earth science program to environmental awareness and exploration of our home planet.

This is the same guy that did Alien and Terminator.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

I don't know if that was a typo or not, but James Cameron did Aliens.

Ridley Scott did Alien.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The study I've been doing goes way beyond the political considerations and so forth mentioned above.

But I am beginning to take the attitude that we should take things as they come, think about them less and spend more time actually acting on the knowledge we have already accumulated.

There are decisions to be made here. And they might be more significant than which TV channel to watch tonight or what brand of beer you like best. (Sorry if that's too crass.)

What we seem to be facing is some sort of grand deception, designed to lead us down the primrose path to oblivion.

We can stand around and speculate while life as we know it goes down the tubes. Or we can learn enough to decide to act. For example, if I didn't have to worry about the next 2 months' rent, I might just volunteer to go over and help in Japan. Just to get a feel for what it's like to be in an environment where most people's lives have been torn apart. It could be where we're headed. I'd like to think we'd be a bit prepared.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Vietnam War and Fake Moon Landings. Is There a Connection?

There are too many connections.. the problem is listing them all. The parallel of Viet Nam and Apollo is certainly there. During the 68-69 time frame America had as best a force as it had ever assembled according to Westmoreland. It was also the bloodiest time with the highest casualties reported week after week.

When the Apollo 11 moon landings occurred the television viewers were described as "spellbound" and "mesmerized". Then they turn the channel and see that 500 Americans were killed in Viet Nam that week.

And then the CIA are frequently linked to illegal drug operations, foreign assasinations, manipulation of photo analysis for political advantage, breeding terrorism and funding violence, conducting experiments on mind control, well, I do believe there is a connection between the VN war and the Fake Moon Landings.

It's the spooks. The CIA is the connective energy which allows all of these things to transpire in the Matrix. OSS. Paperclip. Von Braun. Apollo. Phoenix. The CIA basically creates what ever reality it wants by doing whatever it takes to make that happen. That's called 'praxis'. That is, I think, how the matrix works as far as I can tell.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xen0m0rpH

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

I don't know if that was a typo or not, but James Cameron did Aliens.

Ridley Scott did Alien.

Where is the facepalm when you need one? Thanks for that correction

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

No problem, just saw something was up

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hey all,

Thanks for posting, seems like most of you agree theres something there.

But has anyone ever heard the 2 connected before? did anyone else get the same idea from Apollo 13?

Originally posted by l_e_cox
The study I've been doing goes way beyond the political considerations and so forth mentioned above.

what sort of study? have you posted it yet?

But I am beginning to take the attitude that we should take things as they come, think about them less and spend more time actually acting on the knowledge we have already accumulated.

I couldnt agree more but admit I feel somewhat helpless and impotent, theres so many issues and realistically the one legal option available to us is protest and unless you can get a HUGE number of people focused on the same thing it quickly goes away.

There are decisions to be made here. Which TV channel to watch tonight? What brand of beer do you like best?

Playboy channel and Victoria bitter

look forward to any more info anyone has.

Cheers

join