It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Marrs, Tesla, and the Pattern...(or how I wound up on ATS.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hello. My name is Kevin.
I came to ATS through several different paths.

I had been considered something of a conspiracy theorist by family and friends because of my tendency to question things and because I had a tendency to look for patterns in things. My father grew up in the early 50's and shared his interest in UFO's with me. He claimed that a lot of the movies of that time period were actually partially funded by the US government as a means of gauging public reaction to the Alien "situation." My grandparents gave me a book when I was younger called "Stranger Than Science" by Frank Edwards and that started the whole process. ( I still have that 1959 book by the way.) From there I read Charles Berlitz, Hans Holzer, and on and on...

I also read a lot of science fiction and science books in the search for pieces of the pattern that would explain it all.

That lead to my interest in Nikola Tesla and his battles with Westinghouse and Edison...there are enough conspiracies swirling in Tesla's life to keep one busy for years.

And finally I read Jim Marrs book on the Fourth Reich (as I am something of a history buff as well.) which in turn led me to ATS, because of his book Above Top Secret.

I wont bore you with much more, but I wanted to say that I hope to be, if not a valuable member of ATS, at least a thoughtful one...

Kev

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kevkeegsdad

Hi Kevin, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.
edit on 21/4/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Welcome nice introduction

Hope you enjoy the site and i'll see ya around on the boards.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kevkeegsdad

Tesla is one that i have just now started to research after reading his ties into the Philadelphia Experiment, Time Travel, etc. Any reads or research you would suggest?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Welcome. Don't let the wolves get ya.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
welcome fellow reader
more than a few good reads here on this site enjoy

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

"A Man Out of Time"
it's the closest biography of Tesla from what i'm aware of and have since passed it on to several friends and still going around to others and all are impressed as he was purposely hidden from us due to his inventions and theories.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

Hello.
One of my favorite books that is more of a general over view of Tesla and his life is "Tesla Master of Lightning" there is also a movie by the same name that is worth watching. There are so many out there. There is also "Tesla the Lost Inventions" by George Trinkaus..."the Lost Journals of Nikola Tesla" by Tim Swartz which ties Tesla in with HAARP, chemtrails and so many other things. I could go on and on with books...some are better than others and some seem to stretch the realm of credibility a bit(I usually find those fun to read).

There are also several Netflix movies...not sure if you are on Netflix or not...(unfortunately they aren't streaming) "Nikola Tesla the man who lit the World", and "the Secret of Nikola Tesla", I believe these 2 are on order at Netflix...plus there is the movie "Holes in Heaven" which deals with HAARP and "Tesla" technology. They also have the movie I mentioned earlier "Tesla Master of Lightning".
I haven't checked to see if any of these movies are on Youtube, come to think of it, but I would be surprised if they weren't...

Is there a particular area of interest for you concerning Tesla?

Kev

Ohh, yeah there is also the autobiography "My Inventions" by Nikola Tesla and "the Tesla Papers."
edit on 21-4-2011 by kevkeegsdad because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by kevkeegsdad because: typo

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Thanks every one for the welcome...
Other Tesla fans and readers...
This place should be a lot of fun.

Kev

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi Kevin! Glad you've joined us.
Stranger than science was my first "conspiracy" book too way back in the late 60's!
I read Rise of the 4th Reich just last year (wow, what a book!)
I have a feeling I'll be seeing you on the boards soon.
ATS is H-U-G-E as you will discover, so many resources to utilize,
Welcome aboard my friend, enjoy!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevkeegsdad
My grandparents gave me a book when I was younger called "Stranger Than Science" by Frank Edwards and that started the whole process.

Pretty wild. Actually my dad started me well down the path by buying the Frank Edwards books for me. Although when he did it, he'd toss one at me usually accompanied by something like, "Here's some of that weird crap you like".

Alas, they're long gone now. "Stranger than Science" and "Strange World" and a couple of flying saucers ones. I read and reread them until they fell apart. Good times.

top topics

join