It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Reap what we Sow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
We Reap what we Sow

I walk 2 miles every morning to keep my diabetes under control. This morning I walked by an open field scattered with all types of colorful plants and trees. My initial thought was "we reap what we sow". If I plant seeds of a yellow bush I shouldn't be surprised when a yellow bush grows.

I wondered and thought about the seeds I plant in my own life....how do they mature and what they will produce. I know I can do better. There are times I sow seeds of frustration or anger...it's inevitable that those seeds will affect my future life.

I need to sow seeds of understanding and love if it is understanding and love I wish to reap.

I will try to do better.....

Do you ever think of the seeds you sow?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I have read several motivational books about the brightest minds and how they accomplished there goals. Those books same the same thing you wrote in a different way, that you have to attrack what you want by being like it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the response friend.

If someone pays me disrespect I need to plant the seed of respect by being respectful...that's the seed.

So difficult but so worthwhile.....I know I can do better...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Very true OP, I couldn't agree with you more...

I believe that is the Universal law of Attraction...many don't realize that we create our own reality of life.
Just like you've stated, "we reap what we sow".

The world would a better place if many come to realize what seeds are planted in their lives....*sighs*

S & F

Peace

edit on 21-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hmmmmm. What about, for example, david rockefeller? He, directly or indirectly has been responsible for the death and impoverishment of millions in his quest for yet more profit and control;. Yet he seems to being doing just fine and is well into his mid 90's. Will he be "reaped" any time soon do you think?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
All the time. I actually have that quote tattooed on my left arm. "As you sow, so shall you reap."

The quote is written on a ribbon that wraps around a dagger w/ a symbol of the cross in the handle. One of my favorites!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I planted a seed in this thread by clicking it. The fruit was getting a chance to read your magnificent near-death experience (which I haven't before considering I'm new here).

Thank you kindly for sharing that wonderful experience. God bless.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Yes. Thank you for asking.
Actually, was contemplating the 'seed' moments prior to discovering this thread.
Will know the right action once finished here - its already calling, needs only my listening.
Each choice, 'seed', is a step on our path of life, leading us further or closer to wholeness.
Heart wisdom is the purest form of discernment from which all 'seeds' bear good 'fruit.'

We 'plant' 'seeds' which are less 'fruitful'; and we learn, for our core is wholeness.
Infinite 'seeds' of choice and infinite possibility for how we live our lives to become our dream.
Now is time to feel innate our heart wisdom of our core guiding us to 'cultivate' wholeness.
Such intelligence in us is a fragment of the divine intelligence from which all grow.

So breath and feel your center, be with nature and eachother.
Of course we can contemplate cause and effect, though the substance of each is presence.
Understanding life, and our choices which make it, will come from living LOVE.
LOVE is the only 'fertilizer' now which will sprout forth 'seeds' of wholeness.
See with your heart and touch that energy, 'soil', which connects us.

∞♡∞

edit on 21-4-2011 by awake1234 because: LOVE is LOVE

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by drakke11

To explain that interns of the law of attraction, he wanted lots of money he got it, he wanted a better life he got that as well...

but regarding actions of directly or indirectly affecting millions...I guess, will leave God deal with that

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction" - Newton

As a result for his actions many were affected...so he will eventually reap what he sow, if we go by the law of attraction.

Just my thoughts

Peace

edit on 21-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"THOSE WHO SOW IN FLAMES, IN ASHES THEY SHALL REAP"

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The Wiccans have a rule or law called "the rule of three." or "the three fold law"

It basicly means that every thing we do will be returned to us three times the amount we put out, whether its positive or negative.
it can also mean that if we are given something like money or love , we should give back three time that amount...
the witches joke as it is sometimes called.
en.wikipedia.org...
(the second link on this page) ATS isnt taking the whole link as it contains symbols that break it

Buddhism and Hinduism (angst others) also believe in karma, so while we might sow a seed in this life time, we may not reap it until the next, it all depends on how you see the circle of life.

peace

edit on 22-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
My Grand father used that expression one time when I was a young man.

I asked him what it meant.

He told me it meant not to get in debt.

He said that Jesus said debt was the worse sin a person could do.

Being in the servitude of another person and having to work and then turn your money over to another person.

He told me if I just purchased things in my life only when I had the money in my hand would bring peace in my life.

If you want something take a small portion of your wages and put it away.

Eventually you will have the amount you need you can go and purchases it.

No interest and you own it.

Your money stays with and not somebody else.

"Reap what you sow."

Only spend money you actually earned.

I have lived this tenant as much as possible.

I do not have credit cards or any loans.

I live off of what I earned.

Happy as a tickled penguin.
edit on 22-4-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

At first this is just a slogan until you reach a certain age and notice patterns of things left from where other things were planted and it continues generation after generation. Some things fell on good soil. Other things not so much. Where is a good hoe when you need one?

new topics

top topics

join