It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Hole In the Clouds Near Charlotte International Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I was driving out of the neighborhood today ( my house is 5 miles from the airport) and i happened to see what looked like almost a perfect circle cut out of the clouds. The sky was a little hazy and there was sunlight but not direct.

I took the picture with a Blackberry Torch ( 5 megapixel camera)....just curious if anyone knows what it could be or has an explanation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaffac1d4819.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
might be a small holepunch cloud, but i'd guess its just a gap in the clouds that caught the sun.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Isnt the sun behind it ?? Its just shining on the clouds and it makes it look like a hole ?? I think if it was a big black triangle i would go WTF...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Isnt the sun behind it ?? Its just shining on the clouds and it makes it look like a hole ??

To me that is what it looks like...

But I seen giant, and I do mean giant "holes" in the sky, they appeared to be circular in nature... and just as the OP, I seen them while driving as well... but they were bigger than what's depicted in the OP's picture

I believe, if memory serves me right I have seen 2 before... one in spring/summer 2006 the next summer/fall 2008

What I seen reminded me of the eye of a hurricane, although I'm sure thats not what it was... since I live almost 1000 miles from the coastline

anyways, thanks for sharing OP!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

When I lived in Mooresville, NC I would see these a lot of the time, but since moving back to Ca about 12 years ago I haven't seen it. I have no idea what it is, but when I was a kid I thought that it was because someone had died and God was taking them to heaven. Silly kid.

edit on 21-4-2011 by BunnyBeHoppy because: Typo

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BunnyBeHoppy

Im right off of Tyvola and I-77 about 30 miles south from where you used to be. Ive seen these before but this was the first time i could take a picture. Ive always wondered if something funky was going on at the airport here given all the conspiracy at the B of A building.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Chicago O'hare Airport UFO incident back in 2006. This "UFO" left a circular hole in the overcast as it rapidly departed.

An object had hovered over the O'Hare airport concourse at United Airlines gate C17. It could not be identified by witnesses as any known craft. One United Airlines officer who observed it from almost directly below for approximately five minutes described it as "a dirty-aluminum color, very stable, and without any optical distortions near it" . . . it was "perfectly round and silent." The object, what ever it was, appeared to have punched a "sharp-edged hole" through cloud cover when it left. There was an almost perfect cut-out (of clear air) in the cloud layer where the craft had been. It is estimated the hole remained visible for approximately five to ten minutes.

Source
edit on 21-4-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I watched these form after a day of heavy contrails, turn cloud cover. This was taken earlier this year, outside of my work, in north eastern Florida.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

I watched these form after a day of heavy contrails, turn cloud cover. This was taken earlier this year, outside of my work, in north eastern Florida.

Now that is what I was talking about when I said this:

But I seen giant, and I do mean giant "holes" in the sky, they appeared to be circular in nature... and just as the OP, I seen them while driving as well... but they were bigger than what's depicted in the OP's picture I believe, if memory serves me right I have seen 2 before... one in spring/summer 2006 the next summer/fall 2008 What I seen reminded me of the eye of a hurricane, although I'm sure thats not what it was... since I live almost 1000 miles from the coastline

Very nice picture capture!!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Thanks. If you like that picture, listen to this. After taking that I posted it to my Facebook. My bother posted the following picture in reply.

He said he snapped one of those too and went digging for this picture. He also said it was from a year ago and was taken in Connecticut.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I knew I should have stopped and took a picture of the hole in the night sky, I thought it was just the moon, it disappeared quickly and was verybright; still was kind of strange to be at 1:30AM, Your ATS thread reminded me so I just thought I'd post a reply.

Yep... it was the moon, what I saw was southeast of my location, and thats where the moon is...darn it, thought I might have seen a UFO...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Hey, look at these pictures, I took them while giving some training in Mexico City...
26 december 2010 from my hotel window, they could be natural of course, but look at the structure and shape of the clouds around the circle, they look just the same!
very odd, I dont recall any chem or con trails tho...
that day up to 3 circles could be seen at times, the holes appeared around the same area.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
reply to post by EvolEric

Thanks. If you like that picture, listen to this. After taking that I posted it to my Facebook. My bother posted the following picture in reply.

He said he snapped one of those too and went digging for this picture. He also said it was from a year ago and was taken in Connecticut.

Awesome documentation there!
Those cloud formations are identical!
Awfully strange that nature could replicate something so...
so... similar...

new topics

top topics

join