It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't click on links any more

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've been here 4 years. Normally if someone posts a link you simply click on it and it will take you there. These last few days clicking on a link does absolutely nothing. Currently this happens to me ONLY on ATS. Other sites work normally insofar as clicking on links goes.

Is anyone else having this problem?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Is anyone else having this problem?

Hadn't really paid attention... I usually run around ATS like a chicken with its head cut off, lol

but I went and tried to see if I had any issues with said problem
using this thread

The link inside it worked for me just fine.
It could be several things, something afoul with your browser... even your ISP...
I'm not certain... wish I could help better

but all is working fine on my side...
sorry your having difficulties

hope it gets back to working

(ps...the above thread is just one i happened to have open in another tab... i just used it for example purposes and to show proof, that I did try to click on a link in a thread
)

EDIT: Ok, after posting I decided to click the link I gave in my post to double check for you...
It worked fine... Also the edit button/link works fine for me, apparently lol ...not trying to be cute or a smart >insert the biblical name for a donkey here<

...I'm just trying to be as helpful as I can

edit on 4/21/11 by EvolEric because: See section called EDIT:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Thanks very much for checking. It may be my browser. I'll try a couple of others.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There were a few hours earlier today (morning EST) when the page loads were really slow. Seems fine ever since.

Are you still having trouble loading links?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thanks very much for checking. It may be my browser. I'll try a couple of others.

Your welcome!
I dont know what browser you use... but
I use Firefox
but I hear great things about Opera ,although I cannot personally vouch for it

Here are the links again in "long form"
www.opera.com...
www.mozilla.com...

Anyways, Best of luck!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have had situations come up rarely where a link won't work normally; ie, by just clicking it. At those times I had to "right click" to bring up the drop down menu and then choose "open in new tab" and that worked to get me to the linked page.

I don't think this was just with ATS tho, and it is only a rare thing to begin with.

Check the settings in your "tools" tab for how your browser should handle links. Maybe something went awry there.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
My clicks get me where I want to go.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join