It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"There's Someone For Everyone" -- Just An Urban Legend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of the old expression, "There's Someone For Everyone"? Do you think it's true, or just another urban legend? Do statistics agree with this famous expression? Or are single people clinging to this lie in the hopes that it's true?

I've been told this for years, and as much as I'd love it to be true, I don't think it is...
...What do you think?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Thundercloud,

I thinmk theres many people for everyone, not only one. But you cant wait for them to come to you, you gotta go and actively pursue. Some people are content to settle down with the first partner they ever have, others, like me, like to scope the market untill they are 100% satisfied (its people like me who most likely remain single forever... oh well marriage isnt my thing anyways)...

Btu assuming of course your hoping for a yes its true, hang in there buddy, keep the hunt up and you'll find you someone

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Yes, Thundercloud, don't worry. There is someone out there for you, maybe several someones as specialasianX says.

Just live your life to the full and be happy with who you are. It won't help for you to go actively looking. One day you will meet "the one", possibly in the strangest of cicumstances. You don't even have to worry if you *miss* each other the 1st time round. You will get another chance at a later stage of your life. There are several people on these boards who will tell this is true.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Actually, I agree with ThunderCloud on this. There is always the odd man out. Some people are just too unappealing as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
sweatmonica, your quite young right? at a young age its hard to comprehend being with someone forever, i'm only 20 myself and i believe theres someone out there... at the moment its my girl... but even if me and her arent forever, i know there will be more... admittedly some people do find it harder to meet 'the one' but many of these people are looking in the wrong places or arent leaving the house so of course wont get anywhere...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I don't think there's ever going to be that one Mr. or Ms. Right. I think that is make believe, just a hope that we hold onto.

I believe there are "soul mates" who are people which come into our lives at various times, and part from us at times.

As we progress through life, our priorities change. Our "soul mates" change. We can't expect another person to experience life the same way as we do- married to someone or not, to be in sync with our changing priorities.

The only real relationship we have is one with ourselves and a higher power. Once we have accepted ourselves as the best "self" we can be, and can define that person, can we share ourselves with another person.

Soul mates guide us into becoming that person.

They say we attract "like" mates. So, in order to attract someone we consider "ideal", we have to become that ideal.

Consider what you are bringing to a relationship, rather than focusing on the other person.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am 47, never married, and believe there still may be someone out there for me, we just haven't connected yet. There are what I consider to be "kindred spirits", be they male or female, and it is a rare and beautiful thing to encounter someone like this who greatly enhances the experience of life.

Some of us may be meant to pass through life, touch many other lives, but never formally "connect" with another.

The more visible and interactive you are with others, the more likely you'll meet someone. The more limitations and pre-conceived idealistic traits you seek in another, the fewer will meet your expectations.

One must move beyond shallowness i.e. appearances, physical beauty, and seek the traits which are truly valuable, i.e. integrity, beauty of spirit, etc.

The older I get, the more I realize how much I have in common with others. I used to think I was so unique, but in reality, there are many people who share your interests and dreams. Being open and receptive and having courage to initiate contacts is the key. When we become bitter and close down ourselves to loving, we write off possibilities for finding that special someone.

new topics

top topics

join