It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piracy Syndicates Selling Shares to Finance Attacks, U.S. Navy Chief Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Piracy Syndicates Selling Shares to Finance Attacks, U.S. Navy Chief Says

www.bloomberg.com

Piracy syndicates are selling shares in planned attacks, fueled by a surge of ransom payments that help attract investors, the U.S. Chief of Naval Operations said.

Piracy syndicates in villages, mainly in largely ungoverned Somalia, solicit investors who buy shares in the attack missions and gain a corresponding share of ransoms paid by the shipping industry, Admiral Gary Roughead said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

edit on 22/4/11 by argentus because: change headline to reflect that of news source

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I read this today checking out the market and all i can say is wow. These pirates are smart. They are bringing income into their towns by raiding rich peoples boats and ships. This reminds me of a story, robinhood esque. At the same time, im sure, gaining support from the locals.

I know killing people is bad, but do we really understand their agenda, what is going on here? Who is running this group and teaching them how to create an exchange market?

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I wonder if any of their leaders have been educated by western universities?

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they were, as we have our own brand of pirates (and not the kind that like to download free movies).

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Mmmmm now thats capitalism at it's finest.

top topics

join