It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OXmanK's Top Five of 2004...so far

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So far, this has been an incredibly tepid year for movies. So far, there have been two extremely great flicks and the rest are good. I'm not trying to detract from how good the first three movies are, but I was really hoping for much better.

5. F911 - Many would say, "OXmanK, you only choose this because you are a flaming liberal." But that is not true. I may be a flaming liberal, but my own ideals do not make this a good picture. Whether you agree with Moore's message or not, you cannot argue that he does make a well-paced, beautifully edited, and amazingly crafted propaganda piece. And it is my thought that those who hate this movie is because they don't have a "champion" of the right who can make such a flick.

4. Shrek 2 - What more can you say about a movie that is STILL great for kids and adults. Shrek 2 is one of the few follow ups that can make a run after the original in fun.

3. Butterfly Effect - Other than the obvious flaws that EVERY mutha farkin' time travel flick has, this movie was solid from top to bottom. Ashton turned in a very suprising performance in such a movie.

2. Spiderman 2 - I am really suprised that this movie did not take the first place prize of my opinion. It had everything a MOVIE should have...even though it was a sequel. (I hope ya'll understand that last sentence) It was smart, original, pleasantly paced, and the action did not feel forced. This was the flick that the original wished it could have been.

1. Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind - Ok, those who missed out on this extrordinary(sp?) movie purely missed out. Charlie Kaufman let loose from his twisted mind this great gem. Celluloid has never seen such a great film. This is the closest to an everybody than there ever will be. It combines a great break up story with a love story. It's a tremendous thinker piece, but it is also a movie that will allow everyone to be able to melt in and just watch. The only basic movie theme that is missing is action. However, I think this gem will be over looked the academy...like every early movie in the past ten years...

Anyhow, this is my list for the first half of this year...

Comments are always appreciated...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Metallica: Some Kind of Monster (The songs played were worth listening to, with the exception of echobrain but still a good movie)
King Arthur (Keria Knightley is in it, nothing else needs to be said)
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (lol hillarious)
The Day After Tomorrow (Best special effects ever in a movie)
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Ben Stiller always cracks me up)
Troy (nice special effects)

Did you see any of the above movies.....when making your conclusion..
Shrek 2: dissapointed since I thought it would be funnier.
Spiderman 2: good movie
for both I'm not into love and romance type stuff....
F9/11 I just watched it to support MM.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I have seen most of those except for the Metallica movie. I just found that most of them were less than par. The Metallica movie probably won't come close to my place. I was suprised that F911 came here. But, it only came here because it was the #1 movie in the country at one time. (I believe it was the only documentary to ever do that.)

I just found that Shrek 2 was completely formidable for the rest of the movies for this year, so far. My top two were up between the two I have and Anchorman and the Passion.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
SPIDEY NOT #1 ! ! ! ? ? ? ! ! !

just playin' you are able to have your own opinion...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So far I've only seen 2 movies this year in theathers. Spiderman 2 and Shrrek 2. Spiderman 2 was the better movie and so far is #1, with Shrek 2, riught behind. I felt that both were better than the orginals, alot better.

I'll bee seeing hopefully The Manchurian Candiate and Aliens Vs Preadtor, which is going to suck since its only PG-13, why not R?

new topics

top topics

join