It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with a website...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm xShadow13... Click Me!

Ok that shows I'm not a complete noob but anyway...I need help making a simple website. The website is for my Halo Reach clan.

I have barely any skills but this site doesn't need much. Just a main page and a tab (the things at the top of the page i.e. [new topics here on ATS...its at the top] But it needs to say "Members" The member info is already there...I just need it to look better and be more organized. Colors: Black and Red

Here is the crappy code I've made so far...Yes i know my HTML, JV and CSS code skills are terrible. If you have any skills at all and are willing to help I would gladly accept it

edit on 21-4-2011 by xShadow13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
try wix.com
lazymans flash CMS

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Unless you are a very experienced user of HTML you would be better off going to VistaPrint, Aimoo, Google, or any of a few dozen other free web site hosting sites. They have "dashboards" to build your site that take all the trouble out of it.

And here is another tip thrown in for free. If you don't like the site you are on or find a better site you have to change your URL if you move to a different hosting site. But if you decide on a domain name for your site and go to one of the domain name sites, like mydomain dot com, and register your domain name you can then do what is called "stealth forwarding" from the domain name site to any site you build. The actual name of the site on VistaPrint or one of the other hosting sites won't show. It will look to anyone who goes to your site that the domain name you registered is the actual name of the site you build. Don't like the site you are on; just build a new site and name it anything you want. When it is ready just go to the domain name site and redirect to the new site. If you are in business you don't have to change your stationary or business cards and you don't have to give a new site name to your friends and/or family either.

Here is a link to my VistaPrint hosted site - www.dbic-inc.com - you will notice that nothing identifies it as a VistaPrint hosted site.
edit on 21-4-2011 by happykat39 because: added a URL

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Thanks a lot. Ii'm going to use the Aimoo..it sounds cool
Again thanks...it took me like 5 hours to write that code

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Or you could get a CMS like Joomla and one of the many free 'Gaming Clan' templates out there.

Whack in Forum software and many other clan modules from the Joomla Extensions directory.

Can't get much easier than that.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'll take a look at it and post back in 10 mins.

Sent you a PM.

Yeah if you're not too experienced with coding formats you're probably better using Wordpress, although it's a blog theme, it can act exactly the same as a website, but it has all kinds of freebies/addons/themes/templates it's pretty awesome.
edit on 21-4-2011 by scottlpool2003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
webs.com

enough said

join