It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says new task force will examine gas prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well, looks like Obama is going to look into our high gas prices:

news.yahoo.com...

"We are going to make sure that no one is taking advantage of the American people for their own short-term gain," Obama said at a town-hall style meeting at a renewable energy plant in Reno.

Now, if only he could make sure no one is taking advantage of of us for their own long-term gain (Fed, banksters, I'm looking at you.)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I take Obama;s statements with a grain of salt. He's about as honest and forthcoming as Bush.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why is it all of a sudden they're worried about making everyone believe they're looking out for our best interests?
I don't buy it.

I think the word is ... posturing?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That is a great approach! Every time there is a problem hire a group of stooges to "find" a solution and pretend like your concerned while spending a ton of tax dollars.
Then when your done doing that you better take another vacation for a job well done!
Is this guy for real?

edit on 4/21/2011 by SpaDe_ because: slow today

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Time to arrest himself then. Also Bernanke.

Bernanke insane policies are destroying the dollar and ramping up commodities. And Obama re-appointed him, not to mention the CIA, under his watch, financing revolts in the middle-east which is making the price of oil rise.

Obama and Bernanke, YOU ARE UNDER ARREST.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just have something to add. This is just some food for thought, it is somewhat relevant to gas... This is an email I received 2 weeks ago. Some of you may have already seen this.

American & Canadian Oil - can you believe this!!!!!!?

OIL - you better sit down... Here's an interesting read, important and verifiable information : About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes Bros. was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more than all the Middle East put together."
Please read below.
The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota , and extreme eastern Montana ...... Check THIS out:

oilshalegas.com...
bakkenshale.net...
The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay, and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil.
The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... At $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5..3 trillion.
"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst. "
This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years," reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette.
It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada ..
For years, U. S. Oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves....
And we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!
That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from 2006!
U. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006
Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?
They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official estimates:
- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
- 18-times as much oil as Iraq
- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
- 22-times as much oil as Iran
- 500-times as much oil as Yemen
- and it's all right here in the Western United States.
HOW can this BE?
HOW can we NOT BE extracting this?
Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy.....WHY?
James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.
Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to. Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?
Got your attention yet?
Now, while you're thinking about it, do this:
Pass this along.
If you don't take a little time to do this,
Then you should stifle yourself the next time you complain about gas prices - by doing NOTHING, you forfeit your right to complain.

--------
Now I just wonder what would happen in this country if every one of you sent this to every one in your address book. By the way...this is all true. Check it out at the link below!!!
GOOGLE it, or follow this link. It will blow your mind.
www.usgs.gov...
www.nextenergynews.com...

edit on 21-4-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You can spot a fake in no time, it is so sad that in order to appease the American unrest about the growing gas prices the president rather than come into action in our nation that is after all an oil producing nation is using political propaganda to make himself look like it cares.

Well he cares as much as the oil barons in this nation that are filling their fat pockets with oil money.

After all presidential campaigns in America are multi million dollar expensive if not billions

I tell you my friend people still doesn't get that America is one of the most corporate corrupted nations in the world and the president is just the corporate spoke man figure.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

He who holds the most oil wins! Considering that oil is the hottest commodity on the market, the US wont tap into our own sources, until foreign oil has been completely depleted.

Stop and think and think about it, once the ME oil is gone, TPTB can then be the soul seller of this commodity. Dictating prices, and ultimately ruling the world!

Conquest at its finest.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealm

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! most of our best profitable oil rigs are in the hands of foreign oil companies like BP, from the gulf of mexico to Alaska.

So, privatizing our oil resources is not making our nation any better when our oil goes into foreign hands. to comeback to us at higher prices.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealm
reply to post by kimish

He who holds the most oil wins! Considering that oil is the hottest commodity on the market, the US wont tap into our own sources, until foreign oil has been completely depleted.

Stop and think and think about it, once the ME oil is gone, TPTB can then be the soul seller of this commodity. Dictating prices, and ultimately ruling the world!

Conquest at its finest.

Not only that but their oil is a reason to go to war. War is a HUGE money maker.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioStatistic
Why is it all of a sudden they're worried about making everyone believe they're looking out for our best interests?
I don't buy it.

I think the word is ... posturing?

He's on the campaign trail again.

He's actually in L.A. today sucking up to the too-rich-for-their-own-good Brentwood types with a $35,000/plate dinner.

And people nearby had their cars towed away in preparation for his arrival (just saw it ten minutes ago on a local news channel).

Good lookin' out, B(ody) O(dor), good lookin' out.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Peak oil is the biggest scam on this earth. Oil is abiotic, not a fossil fuel. There are no fossils at 18,000 feet below the surface.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Just another ploy to make himself look good for the elections. Gotta garnish those votes!

new topics

top topics

join