It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UN still struggles to define Terrorism 10 years after 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The UN still struggles to define Terrorism 10 years after 9/11

www.cnsnews.com

10 Years after 9/11 the United Nations. The UN still can't define term terrorism
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
10 Years after 9/11 the United Nations. The most useless and corrupt organization in the history of man kind. Still can't define Terrorism. After we have given them Trillions of dollars over the years you would think they could afford a dictionary.

Now I know many on above top secret are convinced that 9/11 was everything but a terrorist attack. I respectfully disagree and If you would like proof simply read the Koran.

This topic is about how functional and useful the UN is. Its a talking club that does nothing. Do they seem to make the world a better place to you? How so? What do they accomplish? We are by far their largest supporter. If not for the United States there would be no UN. However if the United States make a statement that the sky is blue. They will disagree again and again that it is any color but blue.

They are bought and paid for by who knows but whom ever it is they sure are anti American. They need to be thrown out on there butts. The US doesn't need the UN. All that organization is to us is a money pit that we contribute to our own enemies. And a constant toothless debate. I think we should just quit. They are a huge waste of time and resources. How much is the commercial land worth in NYC. The land the US government Donated? How much was the security systems we "donated" but yet they claimed we owed them in arrears 100 billion dollars so we are paying in arrears. Money coming out of this years budget. If Millions of Americans were starving who do you think is going to come and feed them? The UN? I wouldn't hold my breath.

How many Americans have benefited from these investments? Was the Answer none? really? Okay maybe the ones employed by the UN and the ones paid or paying bribe money. We have a major money problem here in the US. Our dollar is almost worthless. Inflation is about to hit the ceiling who do we have to thank? China, OPEC and the UN would be a great start. SO why do pour out money to these organizations? in Aid and investments? Doesn't that seem stupid? We can't afford it anymore.The solution is obvious. Throw out the United Nations invest in America we need the Aid more than most of these countries. Our grid is Ancient that would be a great start. Tell Cuba sorry we can't afford it this year.. Problem solved. We provide 27 % of the total money the UN gets. We are one member out of how many? How do they figure who pays what? I bet it's based on how much they can squeeze us for.

That has to be the largest scam in history.

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/21/2011 by JerryB08 because: I can't type

edit on 4/21/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

I think Terrorism will be a problem for the very,very forceable future. There are always going to be pissed off people in the Middle East and other places.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I totally agree. And there are many different kinds of terrorist's. Not just Islamic extremists. But in 10 years the UN still hasn't even figure out how to define terrorism. Well I'll help them it means to Kill, Murder, Terrorize, and intimidate defenseless people to force their own will on the people they are terrorizing. They could have called and asked pretty much anyone to discover this and moved on to something constructive. Like help trying to stop it.
edit on 4/21/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Terrorism originally referred to a system (especially government) that worked to force subjects into accepting their demands through fear and intimidation...
You're not seeing where the real power players are. It isn't nationalists anymore, its internationalists, or globalists.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Terrorism > Extremism > Dissension > Differentiation

Will that slippery slope work for them?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
"Terrorism" is a term of convenience for the people that use and interpret the word. It broadly applies to any of a variety of violent acts with the intent of causing bodily injury or major property damage. To whom the term may be applied often comes down to the perceived motive of the person/s committing the act. Acts of war employ much the same actss but where there is question of which, war or terrorism, it may be defined by economics - those who apply low-cost, low-tech means are dubbed "terrorists."

I believe we can find solutions for peoples' "happiness" by fostering a means for their individual and group expressions. For almost any manner of living it should find room for expression in some community. Why not let birds of a feather flock together instead of living one-size-fits-all?

Those who insist on world domination and that the world should conform to their views, like radical Islam for example, they must relinquish that notion for the well-being of the world. Those who currently exercise control and conformity must likewise now relinquish their demand.

Then perhaps the UN could become useful in ensuring all walks of life enjoy a right to their own freedoms of expressions and that there exists a community to accomodate them, initiating new communities as their need would arise.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
10 Years after 9/11 the United Nations. The most useless and corrupt organization in the history of man kind. Still can't define Terrorism.

It's not that they can't define it, they won't.

As soon as they give it an official definition, too many "good guys" would fall under it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
agreed the un is the most corrupt organization in the world

agreed the un sure can not define "Terrorism"

the us needs to pull out of the un and end financing them it is another big waste of taxpayer money in this country

what has the un done?
has war stopped in the world? no
has poverty ended in the world? no
has famine been eridicated in the world? no
has disease been eridicated in the world? no

has terrorism ended in the world ? no its gotten worse.

the definition of terrorism is

"Terrorism is defined as political violence in an asymmetrical conflict that is designed to induce terror and psychic fear (sometimes indiscriminate) through the violent victimization and destruction of noncombatant targets (sometimes iconic symbols).Such acts are meant to send a message from an illicit fringe organizations and this includes religious and any extreme ideology or persons. The purpose of terrorism is to exploit the media in order to achieve maximum attainable publicity as an amplifying force multiplier in order to influence the targeted audience(s) in order to reach short- and midterm political goals and/or desired long-term end states."

there you go you needed a definition and that one covers just about everything from drug dealers and people who strap on suicide vests and fly planes into buildings.

edit on 21-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Well I'll help them it means to Kill, Murder, Terrorize, and intimidate defenseless people to force their own will on the people they are terrorizing.

The US controls the UN and if the UN defined terrorism as your quote above suggests.
then the US would be top of the list...

So there's your answer...
The US does not want them to define terrorism..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think the reason why governments have not actually defined "terrorists" is because right now all of the terrorist they care about is Islamic Extremists, once they define the word then anyone of us could be considered terrorists, unless they state that only Muslims can be terrorists. Because once it is defined anyone who opposes them would be deemed a terrorist, even patriotic citizens who love their country and history, but don't agree with the current absolute power. Once that happens they are a totalitarian government and that's sure not what our country and the West in general is supposed to be.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
ter·ror·ism
[ter-uh-riz-uhm]
-noun
1. Criminal activities designed by a political or government body and used to generate fear in a country, state, community, or substantial segment of it, for political purposes by use of repetitive mass media broadcasting techniques or propaganda dissemination following a false flag attack on it's own land to incite support in it's people to expand it's empire by waging war on foreign countries falsely identified as the "enemy".

top topics

join