It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversations with Potted Ferns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

That was an absolutely lovely story. Thank you for sharing. What makes plants particularly dear to me is the way their resilience spins against the drive of their vulnerability. They transmute sunlight, process soil contaminates, turn dung into flowers; in short, they are an alchemical miracle.

And yet, they are absolutely defenseless against a crushing boot-heel or rude cutting combine.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by mistermonculous

Holy crap, man. How did I miss your posts. I am new to this Online Forum thing and recently realized it is possible to 'friend' people.

I love plants also. Very deeply. I have a green thumb that runs on both sides. When I got out of the service I worked professionally in the plant field for over 6 years. I am actually a plant fiend and have had at times; poison gardens, psychedelic-psychoactive-psychotropic gardens, puerly Solanaceous gardens. For the past ten years I have been into ferns and have been most recently successful at getting Polystichiae to grow in pots.

Yep, I talk to them. All the time. If no one has rec'ed it I would suggest 'The Secret Life of Plants' by Peter Tomkins.

Also check out Findhorn. Also 'Devas, Fairies and Angels' by William Bloom. Mr. Bloom is also known for having completed the Abramelin Operation.

Duuuuude.

Waaaaah! Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out.

I'm a fern-fellow myself, but also am super-keen on asian vegetable varietals.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
we have a tree called frankie, after my uncle, in our living room.

we had him for 8yrs, brought him from 3 places, (we moved)

he is as much family as our dog.

for the little plants, we are not so good to take care of, we had a cactus that died.

frankie is happy and doing well.

i have a fake fern which i love like my own real fern.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That was an absolutely lovely story. Thank you for sharing. What makes plants particularly dear to me is the way their resilience spins against the drive of their vulnerability. They transmute sunlight, process soil contaminates, turn dung into flowers; in short, they are an alchemical miracle. And yet, they are absolutely defenseless against a crushing boot-heel or rude cutting combine.

Loved this. They are an Alchemical miracle. So are we. Yep, Asian vegetables are almost to cool to speak of in public.
www.territorialseed.com...

These are another one of my all time faves...Behold! The Stapelia. Beloved of Cthulhu

They are all flashing The Elder Sign!

'Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn!'

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Thank you. They are quite awe-inspiring, I agree. If only more humans could understand that. So beautiful and sensitive.

My ancestors were all farmers -- my last name means "green" in Czech -- and my father was the first who was not a farmer, instead, he went into computing back in the day. I always aced my biology classes, the botany parts were easiest, but I also felt there was so much missing. They aren't just energy-producing machines as they were depicted. They are everything to this planet. Without them, there would be nothing > not a single thing! And as you say, we go quite blythely along, trampling them underfoot with no more concern than as if we had skipped a stone across the water. How people cannot feel them, I do not understand.

Plants are changing now, just as we are. I was told, a few years ago, to go into the forest and learn to know the plants. I bought a bunch of books and went hiking around, trying to "learn" in the traditional sense about them. But when I started meditating there, I realized that what I was meant to learn was not in those books. The important things aren't in books. The plants told me themselves about them, and I found that much of what is written in plant guides is superficial or just plain wrong. They had so much to say! Many a time the forest devi came to greet me. I never knew there was so much life in the forest. The beings spoken of in fairy tales are true. There are fairies, trolls, gnomes, sprites, etc., but they are not frightening. lol

I went through a time recently where potted plants made me feel quite sad, sort of along the lines of being in a zoo. Felt wrong. But we need plants in our environment, both indoors and out. Plants are happy to give of themselves for our well-being. We just need to respect that more, and a lot better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join