It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Warning to the Great United States. Last Sign CONFIRMED. 1-day left.

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
How can you be certain it was God that put this before you?

More than likely it was the devil, and the OP fell for it hook, line and sinker. I would say he is now under demonic control!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantomfire707

Umm....should we still be waiting?? It's the 24th and the birds are still chirping outside. Here's the deal folks,
Yes there is gonna be earthquakes from here on out. Doesn't mean you predicted it. Take your meds and stop freaking people out .If it happens,it happens.If that's our fate then so be it.However I don't want to live in fear till that day. I've read posts like these may times and just about every time,NOTHING happens.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
dear oh dear ... when will people learn that 99.9999999% something is predicted on ATS, it will deffinitely NOT happen.

i bet you feel like a total idiot after crying to your brother over it ... he aint never gonna let you live it down!

It makes me glad that ats aint really changed in years ... too many people who have looked at too much internet and believe in too much dumb stuff ... the only solution is to read more but actualy think about it all!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Failtastic.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
When does the USA stockmarket open next? As in Australia it doesn't open again until Wednesday due to Easter/Anzac Day long week-end. I will give you/God till closing day of US market post Easter holiday's. And I am not even a 'christian'!!'

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Pretty much when someone spells out an EXACT time frame, say as a specific day, you know chances are it ain't gonna happen at that time unless there is some scientific proof, because God almost never works in a way that you know the exact date, he give you some information and tries your faith to see whether you will act not fully knowing what and when things will come to pass.
edit on 25-4-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex
God almost never works in a way that you know the exact date, he give you some information and tries your faith to see whether you will act not fully knowing what and when things will come to pass

Except in this cas it wasnt God but the Devil that made him make a false prophecy, as he is obviously under demonic control!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

We are still here. And I am feeling pretty good about that. My 401k is doing well!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Take some Prozak and see a doctor; You might have Palsy...

...oh yeah...and please don't give God credit for false predictions...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

...so...if it gets predicted on ATS, it doesn't happen 99.9999% of the time...

I find comfort in that and it gives me a whole new reason to read the "Predictions" section of ATS: Finding out what's NOT going to happen!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well...weekend came and went...and all is well. Another fear mongering false prediction down the tubes.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apocalyptic
Well...weekend came and went...and all is well. Another fear mongering false prediction down the tubes.

It's only fear mongering if you were actually scared.

I was not.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
nothing happened......just like i predicted....lol who says predictions on ATS dont come true

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Good job nut bags.
How many stars and flags?
Just what you wanted.
waste

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Last night I had a hypnogogic dream. Amongst the masonic symbols flashing in my brain almost setting off an epileptic fit, Ra was standing over the bed.
Instead of having a girly # fit I just got up, watched some rubbish on the horror channel and ate chinese.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
OP acknowledges that his beliefs were wrong, and apologizes to everyone in this thread:

Originally posted by Phantomfire707

I am sorry and deeply apologize to every single person on this thread.

I had a set of beliefs and it looks like they were wrong.

I am especially sorry to any of you that took the time to understand my reasoning and were fair with me in your comments.

I hope God Blesses every one of you.

I will need to make adjustments to my priorities from now on.

Thank you for your time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He acknowledges that he made the wrong choices:

My apologies were/are about this: 1) For having succumbed in my mind to the wrong choice. and 2) For the consequences of my choices and actions. Sometimes the right action begets bad consequences.

He offers an individual apology to someone saying that they have been negatively affected by this topic, while reiterating his public apology:

Angelmass, I am sincerely and completely sorry to you personally for giving you any grief and potentially wasting your time and Holy Weekend.

Here already is my public apology:

He says his intent was not to knowingly deceive anyone:

The definition of a hoax requires intention to deceive.

I have not given a single reason for anyone to honestly believe such a notion.

While discussing the original beliefs and motivations that led him to post this prediction in the first place, when asked to debate the facts pertaining to those facets of his belief structure, he acknowledges that those other beliefs of his which fed into his perception of himself and his need to make this prediction may also have not been true:

No thank you, on the debate on Fatima. I probably need to expunge that stuff from my head as fast as possible. I was just making my point.

He acknowledges he was unwise to put his faith in dreams, explaining why he did in this case while agreeing that it was probably not a good idea:

Dreams. I concur it's unwise to believe in dreams. But that one dream I prayed for hours in advance, my subconscious was happy to oblige.

He says that “prophets” will likely end up being wrong like he was:

There is no point in naming mysterious alleged prophets that will probably follow my lead into wrongdom.

(Previous three quotes all from: www.abovetopsecret.com...)

He acknowledges that god did not give him the impetus to post this prediction, further acknowledging his mistake:

If God was so interested in my promotional efforts I believe I would have been prevented from being encouraged in November 2010 into promoting this "777-day period" prediction.

He says he wishes he could go back in time and avoid every prediction of doom he’s ever made, but can’t:

I would go back in time and stop myself from posting about any of these doomsday things if I could. Too late for that.

(Last two quotes both from: www.abovetopsecret.com...)

So we have here a person who made a mistake, has apologized for it, has attempted to explain his former reasoning - on which he based his preceived need to post the prediction - and who now openly acknowledges that his previous beliefs and interpretations of reality as he knew it were wrong. He has expressed the desire to go back in time and erase all of this, were it possible, and laments the fact that it is not.

So, does he basically have to feel bad about this mistake and continue to be chided on ATS forever more now? Is there no way to simply acknowledge his mea culpas and move on? He does still have the right to his personal religious beliefs, but he has even demonstrated acknowledgment of his need to reassess them in order to prevent such mistakes from happening again. Is that not sufficient? What more can he do or say to satisfy people?

I do agree with the suggestion that he would be better served reflecting his faith in his actions by volunteering, feeding the poor, etc. But I think everyone could be better served by doing that, personally, regardless of religion (I'm an agnostic skeptic, and I think I need to do more to help others.) And this is a topic about something very specific and clearly defined, with a well defined topical area in my opinion. It has proved to be wrong. He has apologized. He has had to reassess long held beliefs as a result, and he has said so. As it pertains to this very specific and clearly defined topic here on ATS, in my opinion at least, he has done what is necessary. Anything beyond that reaches into his personal life, his personal thoughts, and his person. There is a difference between, “I was wrong, I acted on incorrect interpretations based on incorrect beliefs, I'm sorry, and I will reassess my beliefs now going forward,” all of which he has said now, and the more extreme, “I’m going to reorganize my whole life and utterly change or abandon my religious beliefs.”

Just my two cents, and as always this is only my personal opinion and no offense or disrespect to anyone is intended.
edit on 4/25/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If I may... These are a few thoughts I've had while following this thread.

I think the most important thing for you to focus on from this point forward, at least regarding this particular thread, is what can you pull away from this whole experience? What have you learned?

Think of the past month as a personal experience and don't worry, at least for the moment, about the impact such a prediction may have had on others. Internalize the whole experience and try to understand in what ways has it shaped you, and changed you? For example, 'how has experiencing all of the negativity in this thread helped you to grow?', etc...

In the future, when a similar set of circumstances presents itself to you, you can reflect back on this experience to gain a more clear understanding of the situation at hand, at the time. Just to clarify, a similar set of circumstances doesn't necessarily mean another prediction thread, or end of the world type scenario. Maybe you can apply a new understanding to a disagreement at the drugstore for example.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Although I'm not a "religious" person, I love Jesus's New Testament methaphors. Particularly "The End" warning about "Keeping your lamps trimmed and burning, for the Son of Man is coming in an hour that you don't expect him."

The OP seemed well intentioned. Thanks for the warning, I guess?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

If God strikes anyone dead, is it because of what they said?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The problem is that OP has done this in the past. A dooming star-tastic flag-a-licious prediction and a fail. Will OP do this again? By the past behavior.. yep. Has op apologized in the past? Yep. If people want to buy into it.. I really dont care. OP will be forced to own his or her words in the end.

WIth this BS, OP also went to other threads like the one concerning the Japan EQ and started this same "warning" and steering serious conversation to this nonsense and linking this thread. There is a section for this.. keep it there.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join