It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Warning to the Great United States. Last Sign CONFIRMED. 1-day left.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Prediction added to my list:

Date, By, When, What , Outcome
25th March, nedined , Before october, Comet Elenin is a brown dwarf - Niburu,
15th April, Bob Sholtz, 16th Oct, Comet Elenin will collide with space station,
20th April, TrueAmerican, Impending, Devastating Tokyo earthquake, Still waiting
21st April, Phantomfire707, 22nd Apr, Mega huge earthquake in the US ,
21st April, Thermo Klein, Impending, 7.9 Earthquake for California ,

I've yet to dig out the references to religious rapture stuff for May with end of world in october.......coincides with comet elenin whooo spooky.

Do I add my prediction that I will be entering none in the outcome column of entry 4 after midnight (us pacific)?
edit on 22/4/11 by malcr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RufusDriftwood

I'm not getting my panties in a twist about the OP's prediction, of course it's BS. What bugs me is the ghoulish responses, people salivating over the idea of mass death and destruction. I just don't get it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

That's because "prediction" is not some supernatural phenomenon. When you are in tune and perceptive, certain events become apparent. The little details usually seem haphazard, sporadic and isolated when you are not paying attention.

However, when you are in tune to the little details and how they tend to cause each other, you start to formulate patterns. Certain outcomes become obvious based on these patterns and, again, when your mind is in tune, you can see the logical potentialities, weeding out unacceptable or impossible outcomes.

Sometimes, you don't have to be a super in-tune individual to get predictions. It's a matter of your experiences guiding the way to the outcome. A pop song on a top 20 radio station will have a more frequent play pattern when the song is in vogue and the expectation that that very song will be playing is high...in other words, there is a good chance you will hear it.

My uncle called me yesterday. Really he's my Aunt's third husband and we don't really socialize except for the holiday get-togethers. I borrowed something from him months ago. When I saw his name on the cell phone screen, I instantly thought, "He's going to ask me about what I borrowed from him." Now, he could have asked me about my dad's pressure cleaner, the camera my dad borrowed from my aunt for a trip, the Easter Sunday get-together we're having at their house, or even if I could watch my young cousin or perhaps a list of 10 or 20 other things.

But I knew, somehow, that he would ask me specifically about what I borrowed from him. And, sure enough, that's what it was.

This was not prediction in the immaterial sense, this was interpreting relative information to the context. The logical outcome my mind lunged at was what ended up happening.

The fact that the dow closed so specifically is interesting, but, there are also only a certain number of possible outcomes there as well, even if it seems so specific, so detailed.

I don't put down some people's predictive abilities, I just think that some people are more in-tune with the signs and experiences around them. Others are less in-tune, distracted by limiting sensory experience - especially visual - in the West.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm a skeptic, but I feel no need to be offended, angered, or hostile when these predictions arise, because without proof one way or another (which will usually in such cases be quickly forthcoming,) I can't make any assertions in either direction. So I simply state my thoughts on them, say anything is possible but it seems improbable (but that I could be wrong,) and then wait and see what happens. People assume false beliefs all the time. People make mistakes all the time. It's how people learn. We've all believed things - even fervently - that we later discovered were untrue, even if it hasn't been since childhood.

So, if nothing happens (which seems likely, but who can say with certainty?) it's no reason for me to feel angry at OP or at the fact that people make such predictions, provided they can learn from them when and if they're wrong. What does worry me and make me concerned, however, is this statement by the OP (and others like it by other people making predictions):

HOWEVER, I cannot exclude the possibility that highly paid investment bankers at Goldman Sachs' have read my posts and decided it would be a funny joke to throw 60 million dollars at the stock market to manipulate the Dow to reach's it's high. So you people have to decide for yourself based on these odds what chance you want to take, knowing that such a possibility exists.

This suggests a belief that if nothing happens, it doesn't mean there's no conspiracy and no correlation. Instead, to OP it means someone singled him out and played a dirty joke on him; someone in power and who has influence; someone incredibly busy and in the echelons of power saw his posts and singled this prediction among all others out in order to make it seem feasible. That worries me because - in my humble opinion, with no offense to OP intended - it seems like fallacious reasoning.

Consider, OP: you feel strongly enough that a major event is going to occurr that you were in tears, and felt compelled to warn everyone about it. If nothing happens, that means that conviction, feeling, belief - whatever you choose to call it - was in error. That's okay. We all make mistakes. But instead of considering the possibility that this means it's erroneous in its entirety and that this may all simply be coincidence, you are leaping to the conclusion that it means they're playing you somehow? Why is that the alternative? Why can't the alternative simply be that this was a coincidence - a pattern you noticed and hypothesized a correlation with respect to, that turned out to be erroneous in the end?

I'm not saying that is or has to be the case. But isn't it at least as possible - if not more so - than a conspiracy to make your posts/hypotheses seem plausible? Because if you take the tact that if the main prediction doesn't happen, then something else out of the ordinary must be going on, you're ignoring the possibility of the mundane. You're restricting your world view to the fantastical - which doesn't mean you have to be wrong - but you must at least consider other possibilities in my opinion. Especially if you're asking the rest of us on the more skeptical side of things to consider the possibilities you propose.

Just my two cents. No disrespect is intended or implied. Peace.
edit on 4/22/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo and clarification

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ScorpiusMaximus

We don't operate from the same calendar that was used some 2000 years ago. And "666" could easily have been a mis translation. It could have been "616", which many scholars believe. Also, if there was a Christ, he was not crucified on a Friday, it would have been on a Wednesday in order for him to have been in the grave three nights and arise on the Jewish Sabbath, which is Saturday. So, these people making predictions aren't even using the right calendars or historical information.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

One great big festering neon distraction
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied

Learn to swim

Mom's going to fix it all soon
Mom's coming around to put it back the way it ought to be
-Tool

Never could have said it better.

Gotta tear it all down before you can build it back up
edit on 22-4-2011 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
When in doubt = blame on the Devil.

I suppose Christianity would be out of business if they didn't constantly blame the world's woes on Satan. I mean, that's what He's there for, right? The ultimate scapegoat (no pun intended). Because it's not like human kind isn't hellbent (another pun!) on it's own destruction.

I hope it comes. I love a good tragedy.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantomfire707

Something is definitely about to happen. I felt it when the tornadoes and fires started. I was asking Spirit the other day if something was about to happen and I got an answer, that yes it is.

I really don't know what else to say but be prepared for anything. The energies are off. We had some tremors up here yesterday evening too. I'm up near Yellowstone.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantomfire707

Originally posted by Arcade425
Where is the earthquake supposed to happen?

The Signs only point to USA, nothing more specific as far as I can tell.

I have read this before, in the past few years, it said that the reason that the USA is not mentioned in the book of revelations, it's because we are taken out before it starts, or so many people have thought would happen. again I am not predicting this, I am only stating what I have read. The apocalypse has nothing to do with USA, it supposed to be for middle eastern countries. There is no rapture, until halfway through the tribulation, I believe those are the enlightened ones leaving before things get really nasty. Since the USA is supposed to be out of power then the anti-Christ doesn't live here but over there. I think this person is saying is this is how we get taken out!! Plan and simple!

Also i wanted to point out that since no one is leaving and getting a free ticket out I think we are all going to go through our tribulation, in and out! I think this is what will happen we are all going to go through a Kundalini Awakening, because if something happens above it will happen below! Now one is going to escape. That's what i think will happen.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The other odd thing going on today is that pastor who plans to burn the Q'uran.
second line

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RufusDriftwood
In my opinion the guy should get a grip and grow himself a working pair of testicles! "I broke down crying...!" Sheeesh!!!

HEY!!! Cut the guy a break! It could be his time of month, you never know...

But in all seriousness, i will be SHOCKED if this happens today.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I am a bit extra gassy this morning as well. That's a pretty bad sign to boast. It must be true. My bowels never lead me astray.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeKeR760
I am a bit extra gassy this morning as well. That's a pretty bad sign to boast. It must be true. My bowels never lead me astray.

I've been pretty constipated also. But it could just be all the matzah i'm eating. Either way, i'm almost certain it's a sign of the pending apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

must be jewish then. zionist or orthodox? haha j/k doesnt matter, we're all dying today. Good thing I worked grave yard shift and I will go peacefully in my sleep.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I guess we'll find out tomorrow if this is all fake BS yet again. For the 5th or 6th or 10.000.000.000th time that people have tried to predict natural disasters. I don't even bother reading these threads. If it does happen though I will immediately be back researching everything I can find. Until then I remain skeptic.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantomfire707

It's 9:05 AM. Where is the earthquake?
--------------------------------------------------------------
You know this kind of reminds me of the people standing outside of Noahs ark before the big flood.
First laughter.......then fear......Noah, let us in!

edit on 22-4-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeKeR760
reply to post by mossme89

must be jewish then. zionist or orthodox? haha j/k doesnt matter, we're all dying today. Good thing I worked grave yard shift and I will go peacefully in my sleep.

I think reformed or something. We don't go to synagogue a lot. My parents just have my younger bros go to hebrew school and get bar mitzvahed.

I don't think i could deal with those orthodox sideburns. They are SOOO not stylish

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The final hour's here, now grab yer-self a beer!

Eh, I welcome it. I've always loved the idea of a "Mad Max" existence. ...well, minus the whole rape and pillage thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

...still here.... earth is not moving...... sun is shining...... trees are in blossom......

2.08pm 22/04/2011 ....North Scotland.... and all is well

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I like your way of thinking. I agree with your approach. Your tone is respectful and your reasoning sound. I wish there were more people like you posting here on ATS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like coming to ATS for all these alternative stories, ideas and theories. The main detraction from ATS and really of many conversations on the internet in general is the attitude of so many of the posters. Ego is the prime source of all problems. Why does everyone have to be so right? Why such hatred, anger and vitriol spewed all over the pages of ATS? Condescension and Arrogance is a sign of weakness.

edit on 22-4-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join