It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The plant that softens stone.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Lots of background and stories about trying to find the plant that softens stones

here.
edit on 4/22/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

Interesting.
That site depicts the bird, with Red Berries, not leafs.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

Yes!
I found this too.

Apparently in Egypt it was used garlic-stone, onion-stone and radish-stone in geopolymer technique while in Peru the red plant “juntcha” (kechuca, puno punco, quebrantahuesos or bone-breaker Andean ephedra), chanca piedra (Phyllanthus niruni), quinua (Chenopodium quinoa) and coca leaves were used to create vegetable acids; probably volcanic ashes and molds made of potatoes were also used besides the force of the rivers. Red juntcha liquidifies stones and iron and is used by woodpecker named Pito (Colaptus pitius) to drill the stones with its beak by means of its saliva fermenting the plant. The wall stones were pre-elaborated on horizontal or curved and little mountain shapes on the floor for anti-earthquake purposes.

Source

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hey all, so I finally broke down and made an account after months of lurking. I had read this thread, and then the next night I happened to catch a bit of an episode of "Ancient Aliens" (the "Unexplained Structures" episode) and was kind of shocked by something they said about the Incan ruins of Saxay Woman (sp?)

"According to local legend, a bird was responsible for the seamless construction. Legends say the winged creature carried a powerful chemical in its beak, a substance capable of melting stone."

The guy speaking goes on to hypothesize that perhaps it was not really a bird but rather bird PEOPLE, or maybe the bird was actually a UFO (obviously the show must be taken with a grain or two of salt, but I found the reference to a substance in the bird's beak being able to melt stone TOO similar to what is described in this thread to be ignored). Could it be that some or all of these massive structures were indeed done by ancient people with a plant whose existence we no longer recognize?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have seen reference to this before at this url,,,

[url=http://incaencyclopediag.pbworks.com/w/page/23200534/Art--Architecture]http://incaencyclopediag.pbworks.com/w/page/23200534/Art--Architecture[/ur l]

Cheers

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

Hi,
I think the place that you were referring to must be Sacsayhuaman?

Interesting about the traditions - they seem to be more well known / common than I first figured.

peace
J
edit on 6-5-2011 by skjalddis because: typo

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Knock knock, its time to wake up now; I know a friend living in the Philippines 24/7 for the last 20 years; and ahhhh, now, skjalddis is using his brain: The Japanese and the Korean Treasure Hunting groups there ‘use a tropical red leafed plant that looks just like the above’ to liquefy, and paint with a brush, not on limestone, not on solid granite, but to paint ‘on past chemical hardened cement’, that is hiding and blocking people from certain gold, treasure, precious stones, that was stolen and hidden in the Philippines during WWII from South East Asia’s country’s and people, by the ‘Golden Lilley Group’.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NobelMetal
Knock knock, its time to wake up now; I know a friend living in the Philippines 24/7 for the last 20 years; and ahhhh, now, skjalddis is using his brain: The Japanese and the Korean Treasure Hunting groups there ‘use a tropical red leafed plant that looks just like the above’ to liquefy, and paint with a brush, not on limestone, not on solid granite, but to paint ‘on past chemical hardened cement’, that is hiding and blocking people from certain gold, treasure, precious stones, that was stolen and hidden in the Philippines during WWII from South East Asia’s country’s and people, by the ‘Golden Lilley Group’.

Wow.

Epiphany.

That is a very interesting post. It would seem that there are any number of possibilities presented by what you allege. I could even imagine that Monteczuma may have stalled while entire cities walled themselves up.

I feel that smallpox may have been a scourge. But it may have also been a scapegoat to explain the thousands of people that went missing. not only after the conquistadors, but even before...after the very first expedition that described the city of gold.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Perhaps a Caladium, a Cordyline? Mebbe a Philodendron? Variety of Dieffenbachia even?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
LOL @ coca leaves ingredients
seems like aztecs knew there chemistry
i always wonder just how much older humans knew
all with natural ingredients to> they didnt have to synthesize new # chemicals to treat headaches or whatever
THEY DID IT WITH PLANTS DAMN, what happened ...
not literally i know what happened to the aztec as a civilization
but what happened to our knowledge working with nature and enviroment to create
not working against it/destroying nature, now we use crap medicine designed to keep you paying for a prescription..
its wrong.. if we would work with nature and eachother..... we'd achieve anything

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
incredible

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander2533

Thanks for bumping this thread back to existence! Hadn't read it before, very interesting! Are any of then OP's still around (the thread is a year old) and do they have any further updates?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Funk bunyip

Been awhile for me.
Thanks for the interests.
As far as I know,nothing more has come of this.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hola soy de Chile y he leido todo y visto los link,

Pienso que hay que tomar encuenta que,

- No hay que pensar que las construcciones se hacian de un dia para otro, pudieron demorarse bastante, tomarse su tiempo para reunir las plantas necesarias para hacer el liquido.

- La planta, quizas, la sometian a temperaturas, quizas la destilaban por decir algo loco, o sea quiero decir que quizas tenia un proceso para hacerla mas efectiva, sin desmerecer lo que hacia el pajaro. Quizas la descompocision de la planta.

- Me dare el tiempo para reunir algunas piedras y plantas para experimentar con ellas, aqui donde vivo hay muchas plantas de las que mencionan y publicare resultados despues de unos dias.

- Por otro lado, hoy se han encontrado mas piramides en diferentes partes del mundo y mas grandes y mas antiguas, quizas si son cuidadosos y encuentran algún liquido lo sometan a pruebas, o quizas encuentren la formula.

saludos,

Gracias por su aporte muy interesante, sigan aportando

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

felipehdez
Hola soy de Chile y he leido todo y visto los link,

Pienso que hay que tomar encuenta que,

- No hay que pensar que las construcciones se hacian de un dia para otro, pudieron demorarse bastante, tomarse su tiempo para reunir las plantas necesarias para hacer el liquido.

- La planta, quizas, la sometian a temperaturas, quizas la destilaban por decir algo loco, o sea quiero decir que quizas tenia un proceso para hacerla mas efectiva, sin desmerecer lo que hacia el pajaro. Quizas la descompocision de la planta.

- Me dare el tiempo para reunir algunas piedras y plantas para experimentar con ellas, aqui donde vivo hay muchas plantas de las que mencionan y publicare resultados despues de unos dias.

- Por otro lado, hoy se han encontrado mas piramides en diferentes partes del mundo y mas grandes y mas antiguas, quizas si son cuidadosos y encuentran algún liquido lo sometan a pruebas, o quizas encuentren la formula.

saludos,

Gracias por su aporte muy interesante, sigan aportando

Translated, roughly.................
Hi I am from Chile and I've read everything and seen the link,

I think you have to take intoaccount that

- Do not think that the buildings were being made from one day to another, they were quite delayed, take time to gather the necessary plants to make liquid.

- The plant, perhaps, subjected to the temperatures, maybe the distilled say something crazy or mean is that maybe had a process to make it more effective, no offense to what the bird. Try the descompocision plant.

- I give you some time to gather stones and plants to experiment with them, here where I live there are many plants you mentioned and will post results after a few days.

- On the other hand, today more pyramids found in different parts of the world largest and oldest, maybe if you are careful and find some liquid as undergoing tests, or perhaps find the formula.

greetings,

Thank you for your very interesting contribution, continue to make

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by felipehdez

LOL, i am not going to make a fool of myself with my half assed spanish. But welcome aboard.
I am interested in the take of someone from that area.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Although this thread is old, I actually found it because I wanted to try and research how this was done. Although this doesn't provide any further information, it seems to be further proof of the rock softening process. I think if you can master this, you can do anything.

www.inspiremore.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Can someone link me to any stone that's supposed to have been softened by plant juice. Its just all the stones named in this thread so far have very obvious quarry marks on them, or come from cultures who were well known masons, or where the quarry's are known, so either you're all a bit deluded, or it only works on stones that have already been cut out and shaped. The stone walls at Sacsayhuaman for instance are made of limestone, which is about as soft a stone you can use for construction, which is why it was popular in the ancient world and why no one needed any magical fluid to soften it. You can do that with a hammer in no time at all

edit on 25-2-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I think that it's not so much one or the other, but if there is a certain paste or liquid that dissolves the stone you are working with, it would greatly aid in the process of shaping your artefact, block, carving or whatever. It would still mean you have to work on it, but that it would be easier and that perhaps the finish would be nicer?

I certainly have wondered about a few of the artefacts we have in our museums, which have beautiful finishes, wonderfully smooth drilled holes and so forth. Often in very hard stone. I guess it could be achieved with brute mechanical force, but if there is some plant extract or paste that would save you a lot of work and perhaps even a nicer result then there is no reason why people shouldn't have discovered this and utilised it.

I found several supposed recipes with a quick google, among them this one:

"You need vinegar, sea water, lemon juice and ideally the juice from pineapple or durong fruit. Combine amounts to see which one works"

I guess someone with a few hours of free time could try this and see. Fairly common ingredients after all. Maybe I'll try it myself :-)

As for application, I guess this could be used to make any stone shaping or drilling process easier and more efficient if it works as well as is claimed.

If I try it and it does work I'll try to document it.

BT

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissMilkyWay
Although this doesn't provide any further information, it seems to be further proof of the rock softening process. I think if you can master this, you can do anything.

Don't be naive. That guy is a good sculptor and artist, but he hasn't magically softened stone. Those are just carvings. Try and find a 'before' picture of the raw material used to create any of those.

originally posted by: beetee

It won't.
edit on 2/27/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: MissMilkyWay
Although this doesn't provide any further information, it seems to be further proof of the rock softening process. I think if you can master this, you can do anything.

Don't be naive. That guy is a good sculptor and artist, but he hasn't magically softened stone. Those are just carvings. Try and find a 'before' picture of the raw material used to create any of those.

originally posted by: beetee

It won't.

An acid will react with limestone so it's possible to use acid to shape the surface of limestone.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join