It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do feminists hate Sarah Palin?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

My last child was a high risk pregnancy, the doctor suggested abortion,
She is 23 now and not handicapped, smart and beautiful young lady, the light of my life.

edit on 113030p://bFriday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

The dictionary definition of Feminism: "a doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men". But iff this were the true agenda, Palin would be accepted as a role model of Feminism.

I don't know if hate is the right word but I agree that Sarah Palin is disliked by very large group of Americans that is in no way limited to supporters of the feminist movement.

As far as Palin being accepted as a role model of Feminism, I think not. The only things I can see her being a role model for is Greed & Ignorance. She will never amount to anything more than she is today, which is nothing more than an echo chamber for ding-bat right wing slogans. I don't "hate" Palin but I don't have any use for her either.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
www.feministsforlife.org...

Feminist for life
Voices of our Feminist Foremothers

www.feministsforlife.org...

Definition of feminine, roots

Word Origin & History

feminine
late 14c., "of the female sex," from O.Fr. feminin , from L. femininus "feminine" (in the grammatical sense at first), from femina "woman, female,"

lit. "she who suckles," from base of felare "to suck, suckle" (see fecund).

How ironic
edit on 113030p://bFriday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Wow - ladies and gents - could we all just take a deep breath?? We're all in this together - feminism was never a women against men war - I know because I was there. Try to imagine what it was like to graduate high school in the 60's and be told that it was a waste of time to send 'girls' to college. Try to imagine pulling together enough scholarship money to pay for college yourself - only to be told that 'girls' should only try to become teachers or secretaries.
Try to imagine what it was like to be the first young woman to step into the newsroom of a major newspaper and be the only woman in the entire department? or the only woman with a degree in engineering trying to break into an all male profession. Try to imagine the workplace before sexual discrimination and harrassemnt laws. I was there.
We stood up and protested because we just wanted a chance to follow our dreams and our talents - regardless of all the people telling us that we had no right to do so.
Women hated us as well as men because we rocked the boat. And 'good girls' don't rock the boat - they don't loudly disagree - they are mannerly - and they are valued only to the extent that they are easy on the eyes and could keep a clean house and raise kids. If you weren't born at the beginning of the 50's you missed out on how it really was.
I have spent my life making sure that I reached behind me to much younger women - and pulled up as many young women - of all political persuations as I could. I'm not jealous of any other women - at my age you better have more than a pretty face going for you.
I resent Sara Palin because she is a dummy. She's not well educated nor does she read. I'd love to see a woman of either party take the presidency - I just want a really smart one in that office. Palin is scary stupid. Period.
p.s. I love men - I used to get grounded all the time by my father for coming in after 10:00 p.m. dating lots of cute BOYS. LOVE THEM!!
edit on 22-4-2011 by galacticgirl because: error in phrasing

edit on 22-4-2011 by galacticgirl because: spelling error

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
"Something about Palin incites pure blind sickly hatred from the Left and exposes them for the closed-minded whackos they are.... And that is the quality I like the most about her."

So true. I'm an Independent and don't really listen to any pols--really can't stand them. But my god--that Wonkette article 4/19 ridiculing the 3 yr old Downs kid, and then the editor had the gall to justify it claiming they were doing it out of protest for Palin exploiting Trig. Palin just carries him around because he's her child, she doesn't ridicule him publicly as they were doing. This site also enjoyed putting up the video of Palin's 7 yr old smoothing down the baby's hair with spit, something kids might do. Icky but not as icky as using it for political disagreement. It's hard to believe these "people" could stoop so low.So they not only are school-yard bullying a person one fifth their size and 1/50th their age, they lie about it in hypocritical way. Slime could not be ickier than Jack Stuef and his sludge crew. They're probably on some Soros payroll and told to do what they think best. Some of it comes naturally and spontaneously though. I'll never forget the ghastly snarl on the "comedian" Sarah Bernhardt's face. She looked like a gargoyle as she slavered on about Palin getting raped by black men. I guess she felt herself safe, as a gargoyle would. It was the most execrable display of "comedy" I've seen, even worse than Maher, who is, after all, a man with serious sex-identity issues and insecurities. He cannot contemplate a female politician without thinking some cuss word. Sick. But Bernhardt is sicker, because she was wishing sexual violence on her own sex. She seemed to be channeling Pindar, the head reptile.
Middle-age Jewish females (no, I'm not anti-semite, actually philo-semite but I call it as I see it) of an extreme-leftist stance seem most threatened and offended. Her brood of children and evidently happy marriage don't help either. Extreme leftists don't want to see that stuff unless the people are not white.
I never thought in all my days I'd be cheering someone like Palin, but compared to her foes, she's a relief.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
Considering the premise of the thread is predicated on the premise that she has a vagina so other persons with vaginas should support her pretty much demonstrates the sum total of understanding the female mind begins and ends with the turn of a stiff page.

The premise of the thread is that the majority of feminists are not as interested in womans-empowerment, as they claim to be.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Because its not about women winning, its about your party winning. Why do women who are in another party bash Berlusconi as anti woman and whatnot, although he brought more women in positions of power than any other politician in Italy? Because the "feminists" in politics have to work for their own parties, rack up the female vote for THEIR party and attack the opponents female vote wherever they can. If they dont do that, if they start to champion the opposition, even if rightfully so, then they are cut loose by their party and replaced.

Just observe career feminists, when did they ever identify misogynists in their own political parties? The wifebeaters seem only to be among the opposition, aint that strange?

You make a fascinating point. Of course Berlusconis female politicians are not considered female by feminists because they are too good looking. Anything looking better than a scarecrow is viewed with suspicion.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Well, if that's what you believe, then you have answered your own OP question....so why start the thread then?

Because I am writing a dissertation on the leftist mind and its response / non-response to facts.
edit on 22-4-2011 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
And this, ladies and gentlemen is the average level of discourse in current day America:

Originally posted by ellbell
LOL what a stupid question..
look at her ...she is a joke...plain and simple

Originally posted by LostMyPassword
Also roflmfao at Margaret Thatcher as a role model.

OP is insane

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well, if that's what you believe, then you have answered your own OP question....so why start the thread then?

Because I am writing a dissertation on the leftist mind and its response / non-response to facts.

You are using the members on ATS as subject/response analysis for your dissertation?
Without prior notification/consent?
Interesting...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

You are using the members on ATS as subject/response analysis for your dissertation?
Without prior notification/consent?
Interesting...

Add to that the assumption that any of the responses are coming from actual feminists.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
ATS hate thread intentionally instigated by the OP to be used as fuel for slant and bias, in dissertation? I would love to say I'm surprised (I'm not) but it's definitely shameful behavior and shoddy academic leg-work. This is not academically presentable "research" material, not even close.

edit on 22-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thread closed for staff scrutiny

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join