It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do feminists hate Sarah Palin?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
“It’s such an insult. Having someone who looks like you and behaves like them — who looks like a friend but behaves like an adversary—is worse than having no one." - Feminist Gloria Steinem on Sarah Palin

You`d think that feminists applaud Sarah Palin since she has achieved what feminists claim they want to achieve - more self-confident and assertive women in important positions. But since the majority of feminists insult and smear Palin we must conclude that the current agenda of Feminism has nothing to do with womens rights.. Its funny how the majority of feminists dont consider Margaret Thatcher, Ayn Rand or Condi Rice role models either. It was because of this that I finally woke up and realized that Feminism is not interested in seeing women succeed. Its more interested in disseminating left-wing propaganda that paints all men as sexist and racist tyrants.

The dictionary definition of Feminism: "a doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men". But iff this were the true agenda, Palin would be accepted as a role model of Feminism.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I never have understood the extreme hatred towards Palin.
Then again, I really dont care. Personally, i dont like her as a politician and I do not see her as a viable candidate for president.
First of all, after the 08 election, she quit being Governor to pursue financial opportunities. That tells me that she puts her self over the people she is supposed to serve as a public figure.
Thats as far as my dislike goes though.
I never got why she was and still is attacked. Even that dumbass Letterman went as far as to talk about her minor daughter being at a baseball game or something.

As far as feminists go, they are a joke. They want nothing more than to just destroy the family unit that once was.
They say they have no use for men, unless it comes to wanting to climb the ladder in their profession, then they find them very useful, as they lay on their backs, staring at the mirrored ceiling.
edit on 21-4-2011 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Look, if you don't already think it is obvious why feminists don't like her, then I don't think there is much use in even trying to explain.

I mean, I'm a dude and even I get it. Don't you see how Sarah Palin acts? She is a moron. I would hate to have a man as dumb as her to represent my gender.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
They hate her cause she's hotter than they are.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There's no use for feminists anymore; they're just trying to stay in business by condemning some women now as well as men.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
They hate her cause she's hotter than they are.

My thoughts exactly. They hate how a lot of guys find her attractive.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

Llisten, the tradition sterotypical feminist is laughable. But do you even know how many of those exist? How many have you even met? You may have met a few, but a few people don't represent entire demographics.

Generalizations like democrat, republican, liberal, conservative, feminist, etc is BS. They are INCREDIBLY inaccurate. All they do is inflame debate and that gets us no where. It leaves us all pissed off.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I'm a woman, mother and a wife. I don't like Sarah Palin and here's why: first of all, she's not giving off the impression that she's all that intelligent and learned, does she have a college degree? When she's on the road and supposedly "writing her books" and giving book tours, who's caring for her kids? What does she have to offer that is original, and unique to her and to me? Are her struggles as working mom and wife resonating with me and other women like me? What do I have in common with her? Why did she quit her job as Governor to Alaska? How committed is she to her beliefs? Did she just get caught up into something that she's now taking advangtage of? For some reason, I don't feel as if I have a lot in common with her, aside from birthing children. Something about her feels fake.

Moreover, the women's libs movement took it too far. Why did they think it would be so great for women to have t go out and work full time jobs, come home and cook, clean and do laundry and do the bills and take care of their kids' extra-curricular activities and schedule and keep track and take care of and love their husbands and have to forget about themselves?? Because that is what happened!! They wrecked it in some ways.
edit on 21-4-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo I would hate to have a man as dumb as her to represent my gender.

You don't think we as men have had far worse representatives already? Maybe you can just think of at least a president of the US or two? haha

I also think partisanship may come into play. Most feminist that I know are also very liberal and probably go a little softer on her if she were a lefty.

I don't like her as a politician either. I don't believe she has the capacity to be a leader. She is nice to look at though.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I mean seriously, who says that. Show me one person that says # like that.

And even if you could, I would have to fall back onto the fact that one person does not represent an entire demographic.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Haha. You know I was considering mentioning Bush but I figured I shouldn't.

I was pretty uncomfortable with that comparison in the first place just because men have a completely different social context than women, particularly if we are talking about white people here.

But uh, oh well.

Edit: To address that other part. Well of course they would go softer on her. Haha. Because they would be agreeing with eachother, to a degree anyway, can you blame them for that?
edit on 21-4-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

I left my post prior to seeing yours on the board. I did include a bit of a stereotype in my reasoning and I hope I didn't offend you. I do believe my statement however.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It's because she's a conservative and because she's attractive.She never had a chance with feminists.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

A-men! Plus she's just a moron.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Oh it does not bother me. I know better than to get mad over these kinds of things.

I am just taking advantage of being able to communicate with many people with anonymity.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I think Bill Maher said it best..you can check that out here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
they hate her simply because shes not a liberal

she falls on the wrong side of what they think a woman should be.

if palin was a liberal they would absolutely lover her like pelsoi.
edit on 21-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It sounds like you have a real deep hatred for the woman! Just my observation.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

It sounds like you have a real deep hatred for the woman! Just my observation.

Not at all, how you took that out of my post is beyond me but that's your right to your opionion. As a woman, wife and mother, I don't have all that much in common with her. Are you a woman, wife and mother? Then you too get state your opinion against mine.

Respectfully, Sheba

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join