It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's criminal alien population rises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The number of criminal aliens incarcerated in California rose to 102,795 in 2009, a 17 percent increase since 2003, federal auditors reported Thursday.

This isn't cheap. Nationwide, the Government Accountability Office reports, it costs well over $1.1 billion a year for states to imprison criminal aliens -- those who committed a crime after entering the United States illegally. California, moreover, is more expensive than other states. GAO auditors estimated California spends $34,000 to incarcerate a criminal alien for one year; in Texas, it's only $12,000.

The audit, requested by Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-San Jose, will provide ammunition for states' perennial effort to secure more federal reimbursement dollars.

More than one in four of the illegal immigrants imprisoned in California are behind bars for drug offenses. Many are also repeat offenders. GAO auditors say that, based on a survey, criminal alien inmates have been arrested an average of seven different times.

Link to article

Further proof that those in DC are neglecting their duty to protect this nation from invasion.

Heads need to roll, but they never will. Not with the current climate in America.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Bring our troops home, re-situate them on the border, with say, 30 foot intervals with 5 mounted 50 cals, and enough ammo to light up las vegas, I think that would do the trick, what do you think OP?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

those who committed a crime after entering the United States illegally.

They're not considered criminals until after they've committed their second crime. Classic. Our government is a bunch of [kitties]. Just grab the band-aid by one corner and pull really fast. Yes, it'll sting really sharply for a short time, but in the long run it'll be much better.

/TOA
edit on 21-4-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

come on people hello? california they and neither will washington ever do anything to jepardize getting the hispanic vote.

something needs to be done but it wont ever be done.

crime will escalate more tax dollars will be spent they will never do anything.

california they think it still belongs to them and they really do.

its all politics and its disgusting.
edit on 21-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Which is why I propose we become a balkanized nation. Let the loonies, illegals, and hippies have CA and DC and lets see how long they last.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Not very long....they would last a month...thus ending a worthless group of individuals that haven't contributed anything to society!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

im there sign me up

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Viperchili for president of our new sovereign nation!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
sounds good your vp

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

My first act as VP, deem all social welfare programs and entitlement programs illegal and any reference or suggestion to the very thought of these programs will mean life imprisonment.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealm

i take it back mr thought police first part was acceptable second no so much

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by neo96

Which is why I propose we become a balkanized nation. Let the loonies, illegals, and hippies have CA and DC and lets see how long they last.

As a green leafy substance imbibing Santa Cruz hippie loon with illegal alien friends... PLEASE do all you can to release us in Ca from the Fed Govt / reserves grasp!!.. and all those bible thumping freaks in congress... we'll become Amsterdam with good weather earning billions in tourism.

Those who don't live here to enjoy being able to think for themselves about hookers and drugs, can bitch & moan about what strangers do from 100s of miles away all you like.. we here in Ca will harvest the salt from your tears to nourish our pot plants.

Thinking illegal aliens are trapped here relative to votes is gullible at best.. they are people loured here by jobs and an always laughable border to be used as exploitable labor by businesses.. Made possible, for generations, by the morons who recycle GOP & DNC failure... because contemplating a 3rd, 4th, or 5th political opinion causes average Americans to run in circles in total confusion.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I didn't know the Gray's liked that much sun actually.. and when did they start doing petty crimes?

top topics

join