It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel supplied arms to Argentina during Falklands war

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

It is not contemplated that units of the armed forces will be employed for
the purpose of rescuing victims of enemy oppression unless such rescues
are the direct result of military operations conducted with the objective of
defeating the armed forces of the enemy.

This policy effectively removed the War Department from participation
in rescue efforts, except as they might arise incidental to regularly
planned military operations. [13]

We must constantly bear in mind, however, that the most effective relief
which can be given victims of enemy persecution is to insure the speedy
defeat of the Axis.

Sounds like it was policy...
Everyone was treated the same..
There were other POW's in multiple locations but of course it was only the Jews that were abandoned...

I think you'll have a hard time convincing all the other POW's of that...
Some weren't rescued till way after the Jews but I haven't heard them whinging..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I do not wish posting further unrelated answers in this thread, but you are asking for it.
You and your friends seem to be in love lately with the word 'Whining' when it comes to Jewish people (the reason this thread was created in the first place IE more incitement).
Well, excuse me for not equating POW to people that were gassed and burned by the thousands everyday.
By far, this is a new low, even for you.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Well, excuse me for not equating POW to people that were gassed and burned by the thousands everyday.
By far, this is a new low, even for you.

Mate i'm an Aussie and thousands of our guys were worked to death and some say even eaten by the Japs..
This continued well after the camps were freed...

I am appalled by ALL deaths in the war...

What's LOW IMO is just concentrating on one group as you'd have us do...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Don't start your usual twisting please.
It all started when a claim was made that the British fought for the Jews while the Jews did nothing but whine.
This turned out to be a deliberate lie by the poster.

Than you asked for a proof that the Jewish people in the death camps were not receiving help by the allied forces DESPITE the fact that the atrocities were already known, and DESPITE the fact that allied forces had it in their power to stop the operation of at least some of the death camps, as the picture of the bombs over Auschwitz clearly undeniably shows, DESPITE the fact that it was known that Millions of Jews already perished and many more will face the same fate.

So, you decided to take a segment of that article and turn it to a proof that the Jews could not be saved because of policy. That's one heck of a twisted policy in my book.
But, didn't this whole argument started by saying the Brits saved the Jews?...you just agreed that they didn't.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

But, didn't this whole argument started by saying the Brits saved the Jews?...you just agreed that they didn't.

The link was yours and it was US policy, NOT British...
So who's doing the twisting here...

Ya know, over 50 million died in WWII...
It's very debatable how many were Jews but still, they were nowhere near the worst hit..

I'm tired of the entire history of WWII being turned into being ALL about Jews...
I lost a few relatives in that war too ya know...

Maybe look into who financed the Nazis..
Read about the bankers and Rothschilds etc...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

edit on 25-4-2011 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I was watching a documentary about the falklands war and they said america offerd to borrow us 2 of there aircraft carriers with the jets and equipment and man power.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A month or so ago Michael Heseltine appeared on Question Time (a political debate programme aired on BBC 1) and was asked what the greatest political U turn and deception he had ever seen while in parliament. The audiences jaws collectively hit the floor when he said it was Margaret Thatcher doing deals with General Galtieri to give the Argentinians the Falkland Islands... Apparently she was quite happy to sell out the British citizens who live there but her parliament told her no and that it would be political suicide so she did an about turn, gave some pretty empty speeches, and became a national heroine...
She was a typical Tory! She didn''t give a toss about the people just her image and whether it would get her re-elected which, incidentally, it did.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RufusDriftwood

Yes Thatcher was in talks with Argentina, in much the same way Labour was in talks with Spain over Gibraltar and again when Thatcher signed the agreement in 1984 to return Hong Kong to China in 1997.

All very well and good my friend BUT and it is a very big but, you have to remember what actually happened in real life. [Forget Question Time with its rehearsed answers to edited and scripted questions]

The Falkland Islands are NOT part of the United Kingdom. They were and are, a British Protectorate. In other words, the Falkland Islands being a smaller independent country, enjoys the protection offered by a larger, friendlier country, against acts of aggression.

So Mrs Thatcher was in direct talks with Argentina about the thorny question of the sovereignty of the Falkland Islands and her representative was talking to the island governor Rex Hunt who held a referendum over said sovereignty. The islanders voted unanimously to remain a British Protectorate.

When General Galtieri invaded the Falkland Islands in 1982, Great Britain was faced with two choices: Go to the aid of the islanders or renege on the treaties of being a Protector. Mrs Thatcher chose the former and sent our armed forces to liberate and protect the islands from Argentinian aggression.

The Falkland Islands and its population remain a British Protectorate and the United Kingdom is honour bound under international treaty to protect them against all acts of aggression.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join