It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The complete idiocy of Glenn Beck, the world's greatest fear merchant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If any one doubted the total idiocy that is Glen Beck only needed to watch him for the last three days.

On Monday, when the S&P notification came out that the US debt was going to be down graded if it could not get its fiscal house in order, Beck was on it like a cheap suit. He went into detail on the 240+ dive in the dow and how the stock market was getting hammered, how it was going to continue to get hammered, all the nonsense about metals, the whole business.

Now that the DOW rebounded during the day was somehow irrelevant to him, despite the fact that it had happened prior to the taping of his show. He talked about the 240.

The next three days the DOW is up. Its now higher than it was before the 240 point slide. Does he mention it? Sure. He explains that the rising DOW is actually a predictor of doom. I guess that means that no matter what happens is doom. He evens to attempt to tie the rising DOW to the unrest in Tunisia! I'm sure that he's got his researchers trying to manufacture a link between Van Jones and Cas Sunstein and the DOW. That will be a lucid discussion.

Are their problems. Absolutely, there are huge problems, but this buffoon certainly does not discuss them in a meaningful way. These are complex issues and dumbing it down a far as he does is an absolute disservice. He has absolutely no credibility and thats why the only folks who will advertise on his program are the gold shops, tax beaters and those folks who sell the power chairs (which you can get without spending a penny).

I'm surprised Rupert waited this long to give him the kibosh.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is an entertainer as he has admitted many many times so if you take him as speaking the gospel you are the one to blame, not him.

He is no different than Ed Shulz or Keith Oberman or Rachel Maddow. They are appealing to a certain sector of the public and make quite a decent living off of it so more power to them.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I suggest you do a bit more research and pay attention. Glenn Beck is just about dead on on this one.

"I get paid to be suspicious when I got nothing to be suspicious about."

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah the man is so full of s**t he's getting kicked off Fox News...really saying something for a network full of inaccuracies and fear mongering

Sort of like Ozzy Osbourne getting kicked out of Black Sabbath for partying too hard
edit on 21-4-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

the stock market is up because the USD is falling like a rock! the USD is down something like 3% in the last 4 days.

When the USD falls, stocks go up.

Thats why gold and silver are going paribolic right now.

Please, before you start bashing someone look into what your going to preach about first

edit on 21-4-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Sure the dollar is down. Its basic supply and demand. Interest rates are going to go up and there is a monetary problem in the world that is a huge problem. Corporate earnings are also way up, inventories low and firms have cut the rubbish out of their operations making them more profitable. I'm thinking that has a bit to do with it. I don't think the dollar falling is the reason that you can't get an iPad.

Beck weaves this grand tapestry of the government being in bed with the bankers. He then goes into how the government is laden with leftists, like Van Jones and Sunstein and reports on their ties to left wing groups. Then he goes into the international issues and the impact on oil prices and general unrest. He then gets into how the unions, left wing/anarchists and radical muslims all working together to bring down the western world. Finally he tops that off with how mandated teaching about gays in California is yet another piece to undermine the social fabric

Then, of course we have George Soros sitting behind a desk with a cat on his lap orchestrating all of these groups.

Are their truths in the things he says in an individual basis? Sure. Does the entire business make even a bit of sense? No. Can you prove a negative? No. He is not a serious person and thats why he got fired. He's a prime time guy with a 3:00AM time slot program.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yeah but that is his game is to give you a little truth and then whats your in he will put his own little left hating spin on it that unions are the bad guys. I mean if he was truly about something when he idd his show on the federal reserve he would spend a week on the federal reserve. Come on Unions and accorn get a week but the federal reserve can;t get a week of full attention.

new topics

top topics

join