It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, One more time

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by para
Crispexi: How can it be a 26,000 year cycle if one ends in the 1980s and the other in 2012? Or are there supposedly cycles, sub-cycles, sub-sub-cycles, etc?

Just like there are 100 dollar bills and 50's and 20's, 10's 5's 1's. there are cycles in the mayan calendar, i've been searching google for a bit now and still can't find that page.. arrgh favorites should always be backed up ):

well anyways there are cycles within cycles, thats why we're in a transition period since the 80's ( i think it was 86 or 89? probably 86) until 2012 when age of aquarius begins. the time between that is of great change.. i dont want to sound like a prophet or anything but thats what the maya said, now if only i could find that darned website.

there are hundreds of webistes about this crap. just the one im looking for had the best explanation and was all mathematical too.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Precession of the Ages
"December 21st 2012 does not mark the end of the world. It is not a time for mass hysteria. The timing marks an apparent event which occurs because of Precession. The winter equinox occurs every year on December 21st but as many of us are about our Christmas preparations at that time we do not even notice its passing. The year 2012 will be no different. There is nothing to fear.
We will however be aware of the importance of the moment when we witness the dawn of a new Galactic Season! It will be another 25920 years before this moment in Time will be repeated and witnessed by our descendants. We are a privileged people: the "Chosen Ones" some might say, as we will be present at the Resurrection, the Resurrection of the Sun/Son."

[edit on 6-8-2004 by Tesla]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Here's a link that puts all the 2012 theories - science, theology, ancient beliefs, The Bible Code, Revelations and more - in one place. onealclan0.tripod.com... . Hope that helps. They have some other web pages too concerning relativity and a different take on a couple of bible stories from a scientific perspective I hadn't considered before. Their current August online newsletter concerning ancient aircraft is at onealclan0.tripod.com... (Don't use my name if you contact them.)

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So what exactly is supposed to happen in the Age of Aquarius? Is it the next stage in human evolution (al la Akira)? Come to think of it, didn�t Tetsuo end up in an Olympic stadium that was under construction?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh where oh where to begin.

Okay...Look at the astrological signs in order, IN ORDER people. As the age of Leo (lion) goes bye bye, it is followed by Virgo, not aquarius, so which age are we in now? If it's Virgo then the next is Libra, etceterra, etceterra, etceterra. How on earth or in the heavens do you justify jumping around like a madman through an established order? The whole 'Aquarius' thing came about because of the no-brainers that produced 'HAIR', remember the song? "This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius..." which was written to go with the whole peace and love thing they were trying to sell the show on.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Ages
Working backwards and allowing 2160 years for each Age, we are able to date the beginning of the Ancient Egyptian civilization in this cycle.

Fourth Age �� Age of Taurus �� dawned in 4468 BCE
Third Age �� Age of Gemini �� dawned in 6628 BCE
Second Age �� Age of Cancer �� dawned in 8788 BCE
First Age �� Age of Leo �� dawned in 10948 BCE

The Cosmic orbit is opposite of the Earthly orbit.
The zodiac is read clockwise, the Cosmic Zodiac goes counter clockwise.
From Taurus it went to the Age of Aries, then Pisces, now entering Aquarius.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by para
Crispexi: How can it be a 26,000 year cycle if one ends in the 1980s and the other in 2012? Or are there supposedly cycles, sub-cycles, sub-sub-cycles, etc?

I just hope I haven�t given anyone any ideas. I imagine they are smart enough to figure it out for themselves, but still...

I guess if anything does happen, everyone will know who to blame.

Whooa...

Crispexi, expressed his comment based on something that he read. There's much more info about what he tried to explain, about Cosmic cycles, Aquarium Age, and stuff.

It could take us here for long hours, so, it's better for each one of us make his own homework, and start searching throughout the www. for detailed info about the paradox of the Gregorian Calendar (why do we use them), and the Natural version of measuring Cosmic Evolution, or Time, if you prefer.

Btw... The Aquarium Age will start exactly on 2700. From 2012 until that date, ... well, i wanna be out of here...

The Cycle that was spoken above , takes not 26000 Terrestrial years to get completed, but instead 25860.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i agree it would be a good time to attack but im sure the US are aware of this and im sure they will take measures to stop this happening xx

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am pondering that the Age of Aquarius is yet another play on words,timed to an astronomical event.In this case the "Water Bearer" means another Deluge ,of which there have been several.Not worldwide,but in sectors.
In that way it makes a new "Age" for almost everything is wiped clean.Some interpret this as God's anger, some as major natural disasters.

The Visitors (or Gods if you wish) know of this in advance,and inform the few people they consider worth saving.The gentic qualities as well as the mental development. Therefore you have God doing in the Evildoers,and the Good triumphing.Although surviving the aftermath was not idyllic.It was a severe challenge.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by stgeorge]

[edit on 24-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If you are wondering what this 2012 business is all about, please read the Convergence series on the www.ascension2000.com... website. It ties everything together and uses scientific explainations for what we are witnessing.

One of the more fascinating aspects of what is happening is in the fields. Many (probably more than not) have been proven to be non-hoaxes or made by human beings. Recently, a large crop formation appeared next to Silbury Hill in England that is a dual encoded Mayan/Aztec calendar is "literally" pointing at late 2012. Here's an analysis of the calendar, and the link.

www.cropcircleconnector.com...
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

"The new Silbury crop-picture takes 'crop messages' to a new level! Anyone can see that it encodes some kind of important message, relevant to ancient Mayan-Aztec prophecy.

���So I spent several days learning Mayan-Aztec calendar systems, and now believe that the interpretation is unique and straightforward. It seems to be just a large "calendar clock", with time shown in four different units (analogous to days, hours, minutes or seconds) along the outside, plus a 'moving clock mechanism' in the center.

��Both 'inner hands' tell us that we lie precisely (52 / 6) = 8.67 years from the end of the 'Fourth Sun' in 2012.9, where 2004.6 (August) + 8.67 = 2012.9 (almost). The same picture would have had to be drawn in February 2004.2 to be perfectly accurate (no crops were growing then).

��Aztecs and Mayans used three different calendar systems with 260, 360 or 365 days per year, but the crop-artist for simplicity drew everything in 360-day 'years'.

Outer dial of the clock: 4 shaded areas represent 5200 years each, and symbolize four previous or current "Suns", just as for the Calendar Stone in Mexico.
10 outer boxes per Sun (over any 90 degree quadrant, with boxes 1 and 2 always shaded) represent 520 years each.
10 inner boxes per Sun (again over any 90 degree quadrant) represent 52 years each (the most fundamental Mayan unit of time covered 52 years, as the convergence of 365 and 260-day calendars).
Finally, because we lie so close to 2012.9, the crop-artist added a feature not present in Mayan-Aztec culture: he/she divided the two inner-boxes closest to any shaded region into finer divisions of (52 / 6) = 8.67 years, by means of (2 x 3) =6 fine-lines.

Now both "hands of the clock" point precisely to the last fine line before any shaded region, meaning that we lie today "8.67 years from the end of the Fourth Sun".

Inner hands of the clock: two 'bundles' of 20 fine lines tell us that we are working in Mayan-Aztec mathematics. For most historical dates or 'long count', the Mayans or Aztecs used powers of 20: for example 20 days per month, 20 years, 20 x 20 years, 20 x 20 x 20 years.
Thus within any 'Sun' of 5200 years (as shown four times on the outer dial), we find 13 x 20 x 20 = 5200 years calculated in another way, and sometimes represented as 13.0.0.
Looking again at the inner hands, we see however only (2 x 6) = 12 thick curves above and below: signifying 12.0.0, and indicating that 13.0.0 is near.

Summary: Two different Mayan-Aztec calendar schemes are encoded in the diagram, leaving no possibility for error.
The outer dial counts time as 52 x 10 x 10 =5200, and uses a set of six fine lines near any shaded area for greater accuracy, namely 52 / 6 = 8.67.
The inner hands count time as 12 x 20 x 20 or 12.0.0, since 13 x 20 x 20 = 13.0.0 = 5200 has not yet been reached.
Because the information provided in both parts is redundant, we can be sure that the interpretation is correct. In other words, "the end of the Fourth Sun is near and on schedule".� An incredibly clever scheme of pictorial mathematics.

C. Lewis"

- from cropcircleconnector.com

The answers are all around us, you just have to open your eyes and ears.

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
My EGYPTIAN CALENDER IS DIFERENT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vierge and Lion------36� 2592 years =5184 years
Cancer and Gemeaux---26� 1872 Y. = 3744 years
Taureau and Belier-----32� 2304 y =4608 years
Poissons and Verseau 28� 2016 Y =4032 years
Sagittaire and Capricorne 34� 2448 y=4896 years
Scorpion and Balance 24� 1728y =3456 years
------------------------
25920 years

PS The constallations are not 30� like in astrologie!

Odd

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's funny...

The prophecy of many major religions, past and present, point to a tremendous event on the horizon... that much concurrence might almost be enough to make one think that we're all worshipping the same God, under different names... perhaps because His will cannot be filtered perfectly through any priest?

Ah well... we'll find out in eight years, I guess.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
TO TESLA
------------------
The Ancient Egyptian Calender is based to the conjuction of the
SUN end SIRIUS
--------------------------
NAME --EGYP.---SEP'TI
GREEC -- SOTIS
NOW ---- SIRIUS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start 24 MAY -10,944 : the SUN and SIRIUS enter in LION=DEAD OF
ATLANTIS.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LION ( 2592 )+ CANCER (1872) +GEMEAUX (1872)+ TAUREAU(2304)+
BELIER (2304 )+ POISSONS (2016)= 12,960-10,944= 2016 year
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CYCLES RYTHMIQUES DE 36 YEARS

Saturn 1 - 36 253 -288 .../... 1765 -1800
Venus 37- 72 289 - 324 .../... 1801 -1836
Jupiter 73 -108 325 -360 .../... 1837 -1872
Mercure 109-144 361-396 .../... 1873- 1908
Mars 145-180 397-432 .../... 1909 -1945 ?
Lune 181-216 433-468 .../... 1946- 1980
Soleil 217-252 469 -504 .../... 1981 -2016
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CYCLES ASRALS DE 5 YEARS
(YEAR 1980 NEUTRE HUMAIN FREE WILL )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soleil 1981----1988-----1995------2002-------2009

Venus 1982 1989 1996 2003 2010

Mercure 1983 1990 1997 2004 2011

Lune 1984 1991 1998 2005 2012

Saturne 1985 1992 1999 2006 2013

Jupiter 1986 1993 2000 2007 2014

Mars 1987 1994 2001 2008 2015

(YEAR 2016 NEUTRE HUMAIN FREE WILL )

regerds chapo

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The world will not end on 2012

The thing is the earth will shift into the 4th dimension...people on earth, humans, will change, everything wont exactly the same...
on 12-21-2012 at 11:11 is the winter solstice and something will happen.
We will be more parapschycis, telepathic because of the influence of other dimension...don't worry, all the conspiracies, NWO and bad influence will fall. It will be a new era. Will will kinda WAKE UP!!! that is something to to investigate...just don't think of it as armageddon, humans just will be free
Do often see 11:11 on the digital clock??? That is a sign we must disconnect from the ''matrix'' that is the 3rd dimension, and go forward with spirituality and connect with the universe....

here is a link!
www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...
Love & peace
Ameliaxxxx

[edit on 14/9/04 by Amelia]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Uh, person who started this, i don't think you realize how little the US gov't actually pays attention to terrorists. Look at their retalliation for sept. 11, they wondered around the desert for a few weeks and then went to go bomb Iraq, which they were planning to do anyway. Not to mention there apparently hasn't been a real terrorist attack on American soil since. I tell you, if they wanted to find Osama, they could've, look at where they found Saddam! In some hole! The US gov't needed an enemy to fuel their war machine, and they got one in the "axis of evil" before the attacks.
Now, i'm just thinking here, but what if the US military was fueling this war machine for something big, like to become the NWO, taking over the world, or trying to, and that causing massive war and death and whatnot. Just a little conspiracy theory.
By the way, i was wondering, wasn't december 2012 when Nostradomaus pegged the end of the world as too? And for that matter, wasn't that the date the final episode of the X-files used for the big alien invasion?

[edit on 22-1-2005 by JJ McKool]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I’m not quite sure where you were going with your post, but I think we did more than "wonder around the desert for a few weeks" in Afghanistan. As for Osama bin Laden, he is a little more difficult to find than Saddam Hussein. When we invaded Iraq, we knew that Saddam was in-country and could only hide so many places. Even with him restricted to hiding in his own country, it still took us eight months to find him. OBL’s position was unknown when the September 11 attacks occurred, and he could be hiding anywhere in the world. Granted, he does not have an easy face to hide, but there are parts of the world who sympathize with his cause and wouldn’t be very quick to help us find him if he was hiding in their country. There is also the possibility that he may be dead and we will never find him.

While I can’t think of a terrorist attack on American soil since September 11, I doubt that means they haven’t tried. I think the DHS has been reasonably successful in stopping planned attacks on the United States since its conception. My guess is that there will be no shortage of security during the 2012 Olympics, either. I just thought it was odd how things came together in that year.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ahaha it's up to Amelia and myself again to clear things up.

2012 is not the end of the world. It's certainly not going to be a terrorism event. It's a set of changes that are occuring on a planetary level: climate changes, psychological and mental changes, physical changes, spiritual changes.

The age of Pisces ended in 1987. The age of Aquarius will begin in 2012. Every age is a bit over 2000 years long. Every age denotes a basic structure for events that will happen on the planet according to a plan developed by someone else (and someone very efficient and rather intelligent). This is data I've seen in many diverging sources, unlike the random years and ages posted by people here so far (although I refuse to believe I am absolutely right in any situation - that's dangerous).

1987 you say? Then what age are we in now? We are between ages. Like most things in nature (for this is a tremendously natural event), the transition between things tends to be blurry. Hence, we can't simply move from one age to another - there are changes that need to be implemented between the two structure systems.

And that brings us to our current times. 2012 is simply the culmination of changes that have always been flowing about, and have been progressively accelerating since 1987. Imagine yourself back several years ago looking at yourself and society now. Isn't everything so different? Would you even have thought of something like 2012 a few years back? Certainly, more people are talking about changes in the planet and ourselves than ever before. Do you ever feel like you've become more telepathic or spiritual over time? These are not isolated events.

These changes will continue to accelerate until 2012, when the new necessary frequency of being will have been achieved. The difference about this coming age is (from what I understand) that we're not going to be babies anymore. The little fish of Pisces is going to be thrown onto dry land. The next age will be structured according to what we decide - it will not be planned. That's why the Mayan calendar ends: it could only predict the future as long as it's structured, which it has been so far.

I think this next age is up to us. We'll have to create our own reality, we will have to adapt and grow. We will have to understand and integrate aspects of ourselves that are destructive. Otherwise, we will die. We, the fish, will suffocate on the dry land unless we learn how to cope.

And that's what 2012 is. You won't magically evolve into an enlightened being! You have to work for it and learn and grow. The only difference is that the opportunities to do so are much greater than they have been before, for a long time.

I suggest you start accepting change and growth now, and shape 2012 and the new age to whatever parameters you believe a peaceful, harmonious, exciting world should have. I don't suggest sitting on the couch until December 21, 2012, and waiting for an act of terror, war, or celestial intervention to take you into a higher realm of existence (although these can certainly be catalysts).

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
In that case I hope our actions are good. I also hope this enlightenment will help us and not give us super powered evils.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
For what it's worth I just posted my take on 2012; I'd like anybody who's interested in this issue to comment on it if they've got the time. Thanks!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
mayan calender has not much to do with 2012 . it is the bible itself again Daniel to be exact.
When Daniel asked when these things will happen ( refereing to the antichrist and his defeat. The angel standing on the river said (don't worry for your times it will be in the far future, a time and a time and a half time.
Now a time if it was 1000 years then 2500 years from the time of Daniel before his death about 490 B.C.
The Angel continued but I will give you a hint ( from the time of the Temple without Sacrifice till the time of the fall of the temple ( desolation of abomination in the temple ) is 1290 years and the completeion of the destruction of the antichrist is 1335 years ( lucky who will be patient till 1335 years ie 45 years after the desolartion.

Now Muslim temple in Jerusalem is the rebuilt temple but not by jews. It was built 667 AD ( ie the Dome of the rock built over the rock which is the holy of holies because the bible was stored in a rock built by no man's hand ( the rock), so add 1290 years we come to 1967 the year the temple fell to Israelites ( breakers of the covenant-abomination) add another 45 years and you come to 2012.
All jewish and christians rabbis know that but they won't tell you how to count those years in Daniel. check Daniel 12:12 the last verse in daniel.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join