It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical Disinformation Agent - How would YOU 'invalidate' a legitimate video if one 'got out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I would join a thread about how people would discredit videos if they were disinfo agents, and sway their opinions on what a disinfo agent is, and how they really go about spreading disinformation.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

exactly what i thought.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I would make a documentary on all the weirdos who believed in such things...putting only eccentric people in it that don't do well interacting with most of society

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
reply to post by TheFlash

Jump to the conclusion everyone else does and scream "CGI!!" before ever watching the video....
2nd line

Dont you mean "its made from chicken and breadcrumbs"
Russian snow alien, tastes like chicken...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
(if we cant laugh at ourselves...)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Wouldn't have to do a damn thing.
The public does a fine job of that themselves.
I suppose, just to feel like I'm earning my pay, I could pop in every now and then to say "Yeah! What she said!"
But otherwise, just sit back and enjoy the bread and circuses.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'd give a detailed list of things that I'd do, but to be honest? I don't want the agents/officers, etc, already reading this site to get any more ideas than they already have! I think most UFO videos could be shrouded in doubt though with enough money, manpower, time and effort. I don't think it's possible to fully invalidate, not to smart enough people, but evidence can be covered in enough doubt to put off a decent percentage of the population.

Originally posted by dethduck
I suppose, just to feel like I'm earning my pay, I could pop in every now and then to say "Yeah! What she said!"

Hahah, with the way things are you're probably not far off. Would be an insanely easy way to earn a living too.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Hahah, with the way things are you're probably not far off. Would be an insanely easy way to earn a living too.

Heh, for all you know that is how I make my living!

...aw damn, now I've said too much.
*hears a knocking at the door*
edit on 4/22/2011 by dethduck because: TAGS! They need closure, too.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I´m still thinking that at least one Jerusalem video was real and the other obviously hoaxes were fabricated to discredit the real one. The hoax videos came so fast though i guess there are really people out there who do that delibrately. Like i stated many times. When the time comes those people who got ridiculed and discredited would love to have a word with the persons who ruined their lifes. Payback is a b*tch.

Ps: That´s the reason why there will be no disclosure ever. I would even say some people weren´t save after the disclosure.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
the best way of disinformation is to provide 9 pieces of information that are the truth. Everyone would agree. Include a tenth piece of information. That way you can Trojan horse your information like invalidating information that is actually true.

Of course this is all trivial. The military colleges, the CIA have hundreds of people, tens of thousands of books to invalidate - counter intelligence, counter counter, counter counter counter, etc. If we start worrying about the information on a logical basis we will not win. The only true way is through our own intuition. Our own absolute truth which is internal.

edit on 2011-4-22 by true-life because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How to invalidate a legitimate UFO video

How to invade the United States

How to rob the Federal Reserve

(expecting something like this to be the next thread!!!)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Do the same thing they did here when i posted this vid www.youtube.com...

move it to the trash and pretend it violates some rule like this shill oops i mean mod did

Eat another twinkie, dude. Either you abide by the rules you agreed to when registering with this site, or you find another place to play. It's as simple as that.

maria_stardust
Super Mod

well its not like the dudes selling dope man get a brain he is merely pro legalization but if you had a clue you might be able to tell the difference. Tell you what why don't you ask your lawyer to interpret your rule for ya...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck

Heh, for all you know that is how I make my living!

...aw damn, now I've said too much.
*hears a knocking at the door*
edit on 4/22/2011 by dethduck because: TAGS! They need closure, too.

If I am not mistaken ATS has a forum for our creative writing and short stories. That's it! Short stories.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
What we are learning from this thread is that even legitimate disagreement, critique and debunking of any paranormal claim can be dismissed as "disinformation".

Indeed.. and it often plays out exactly this way on the ATS board; but all that really tells you is that they already know (subconsciously or otherwise) that they live in a house of cards. It doesn't take too much to bring it all crashing down to the ground so even courteous disagreement is met with ad-hominems, hand waving, finger pointing and strawman arguments in the hope that attention will be deflected from their logical fallacies.

IRM

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

If I am not mistaken ATS has a forum for our creative writing and short stories. That's it! Short stories.

Touche, Good Sir.
Touche.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I would just blindly believe every element in the video. Lose whatever religion I may or may not have. Give everything up, because videos don't lie.

Ok, end sarcasm now.

I suppose, everyone is an expert on video manipulations and it's capabilities, these days. This question alone should be able to debunk any video regarding such topics. That question equals very little work required to (F)actually dilute the subject.
Remember, government agents. LEAST work possible. Gov't. haha.

edit on 22-4-2011 by Demoncreeper because: :S

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I still think my way is the best, easiest to pull off (thanks to "useful idiots") and, if you read the very threads on this boards front page, you will see how ridiculous some of the "discussions" that are taking place, and if your brave enough to actually read through some of the threads you will see my point made OVER and OVER.

Simple, make this subject a laughable joke and the truth can hide easily enough. And, through ignorance, stupidity, stubbornness, and pseudo religion it gets done here on ATS every day.

The inability of people to understand this very real and simple to grasp idea is what allows the subject to exponentially get worse.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
You don't spread disinformation by disagreeing with the target audience but by agreeing with them, telling them what they want to hear.

That's your method. There's more than one way to skin a cat...

If the story can't be debunked, discrediting the witness or messenger is always something to fall back on

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

I have posted a few tips for "how to" in the video at this OP (below). The what to look out for material could also be viewed as how to promote disinformation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join