It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on unfinished business.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
OK, this might get a little long but bear with me I came to this conclusion after a long discussion with a friend that I don't normally talk to about paranormal stuff. It came about regarding a discussion on religion, Life, death and enlightenment. Our conversation started out with religion and how I am not religious but am very spiritual and I think that religion is a cap on spirituality. Anywho we came about a part in the conversation where we were discussing the ignorance of many people in this world, in particular the people that we seem to hang around with. I stated that I hoped at one point after death people become enlightened over a time about all the stuff they've been ignorant too before they're allowed into heaven or onto the next part of the journey. That's when I came about the theory of what to me seems a fesible reason for what unfinished business is and why many of the spirits either in present form or once they are spirits are so stubborn. Anyway I cam to thinking that those spirits (people) on earth who are the ignorant type closed minded are the ones who seems to stick around the longest after death because they have to go through a much longer enlightenment process I sometimes believe that the ignornace has been so deep they are forced to reincarnate to re-do life and try to make right by the creator. Another thing that came off this was the idea of a fitting punishment. Biblically speaking god gave us 10 rules to live by and if those rules weren't obeyed there'd be some sort of punishment or wrath if you will. So I also figured in that maybe some of these spirits who are forced to stick around before going onto the next part of the journey this is just a thought seeing as many rules in the physical world are so easy to get around hell it's not like people haven't gotten off for murder before. So in conclusion my idea is simply that the spirits interacting with us are spirits who are being enlightened to the world and in many cases are trying to enlighten us to the world around us to save us time in the next stage of the journey. To those who read this obviously take this is what's its worth it's just nice to have a place to share my ideas.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i kinda get what you are talking about! like ghosts are hanging on to the physical life they once had because they dont aknowledge that there is anywhere else to go.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I can see what you are on about, as if these so called spirits are on a trail, to get enlightend. But dont most spirits linger with the possiblity of unfinished business, such as something a task not complete.

In the book Nobody True, but James Herbert, it protreys the idea that the main character cant get into heaven or the spirit plane until he completes a task, only then will he be accepted...INTERESTING IDEA DONT YOU THINK ?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah I believe that the task at hand is to become enlightened about the stuff that said spirit was ignorant to throughout his life... Those spirits who are around longer are just stubborn I guess stuck in a state of limbo for eternity until they open their minds....

new topics

top topics

join