It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Pact: Minnesota Teens Haylee Fentress and Paige Moravetz Commit Suicide at Slumber Party

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealm

Not everyone is emotionally driven.

A better way to put that perhaps is 'not everyone has emotions'? Its true some people are sub-human when it comes to compassion and empathy. Ive seen more compassion shown by a dog than I have by some human beings.

link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
Mods, this isn't so much back and forth, as discussing etiquette when speaking about dead people..which is a small stretch from the main topic, yes?

Totally get that...as long as we keep it *civil* and not stray down the path of personal attacks then we're golden...

link   
reply to post by TheRealm

No are you? I would've written more but you said yes or no will suffice. Even a perfectly sane person in their weakest and most vournable can reach the limit.
edit on 21/4/2011 by PsykoOps because: reply

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

I don't even understand that beyond perhaps Minnesota why this is news. People are getting killed and killing other people every day and I've never understood why certain individual cases get national coverage. What are we supposed to gleen from this? That you need to have a relationship with your kids? That teen suicide is a problem? That teens are self absorbed and that can go too far? What? This kind of unfortunate business has been going on for thousands of years. There is no "insight" to be gained that has not been gained. This is not news beyond local news.

Now if they wanted to pick a given city in the country, say Memphis and spent an hour going through the specifics of every violent crime that had been committed in that city over the past 24 hours, that would be insightful. Back in the 80s, Rupert Murdock tried that when he bought the NY Post and the people of NY found that reporting a bit too insightful for public consumption.

It always seems to be white, relatively well off or better cases that are for some reason news worthy. That or the complete loon who kills their kids. It is exactly like the Natalie Hollaway business where she was killed in Aruba (or at least went missing). If the media spent 1/10 the time covering and reporting on serious crime than they did on that business, the spotlight might have been focused on what are significant problems. Why there was a national obsession with some rich kid who got liquored up and was presumably killed by another liquored rich kid is beyond me. I'm far more interested in the kid in the city who is killed or raped when they are walking to, or home from school, a park or a library. That is a far more significant window into the troubles of society than a couple of troubled girls offing themselves because of their self absorbtion or some Spring Break mishap.
edit on 21-4-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

A better way to put that perhaps is 'not everyone has emotions'?

No its just some people now how to keep their emotions in check. They being in the right frame of mind allows them to prevent emotionally driven responses, much less emotionally driven lifestyles.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

Seriously, why concern yourself with what others think (even if they are aholes)? You said it yourself, you know they are out there, so why get all pissy when you come across one? Thats like being pissed that the sun will come up tomorrow morning. You know it will happen, why worry about it?

Don't you have other, more important things to worry about? Be it a job/hobby/family whatever it may be. Why waste time on stuff that does not matter?

Life is much happier and less stressful when you can deem anyone you don't care about irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Teenage girls have a flair for the dramatic. I lost count how many of my friends swore they were going to kill themselves when we were 14, 15, 16. Some made feeble attempts, some put in a sincere effort. I don't know why but at that stage of life everything seems so big and so....final.

Those poor families. May they find comfort and solace.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant

Originally posted by TheRealm

Not everyone is emotionally driven.

A better way to put that perhaps is 'not everyone has emotions'? Its true some people are sub-human when it comes to compassion and empathy. Ive seen more compassion shown by a dog than I have by some human beings.

Ever heard the expression "check your emotions at the door"?

It may be hard to believe, but most people don't care what you think, or how you feel. Compassion is just another emotion that is best kept to yourself. In situations where you may feel compassionate, others will not. It would be unbelievably arrogant of you to assume others should feel the same as you do.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't have much sympathy for these girls either. Only because I've been in the same situation before. Suicide is the most unforgivable and selfish thing you can do. And yeah... that statement applies to me also...

Trying to kill myself was the most ignorant and selfish thing I've ever done in my life. I was bleeding for over 13 hours and ended up getting over 57 stitches. But I don't remember anything about it, except for the scars all over my arms. It's like I can only remember it in the third person. And whenever I do think about it (which is rarely, since it happened back when I was 15) I thank God that I was unsuccessful.
Attempting suicide was the biggest mistake of my life and probably one of the most... blasphemous things possible. I mean, (for those of us who believe in a God), it's like stealing from God himself. God gave me my life, and only God can take it away.

As for these girls... I'm praying for their souls. I mean honestly, I'm even still praying for my soul after what I tried to do 7 years ago.

As a side note: legitimately suicidal people do not commit suicide with friends, it is an intensely alone and intimate event. What happened to these two girls seems to be mostly peer pressure. They've probably been bullied (like every single kid has been) and instead of reacting to it appropriately, they made a quick decision. If anything, I think the mistake was that they succeeded. They probably wanted to try it... in some kind of sick and twisted attempt at morbid excitement... but didn't legitimately think that they would have succeeded.

So yeah, I really will be praying for their souls. These two girls made the gravest mistake possible. But I'm sure God will forgive them, after all... they were young and probably didn't understand the sheer gravity of what they were doing.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by emptyOmind

Seriously, why concern yourself with what others think (even if they are aholes)? You said it yourself, you know they are out there, so why get all pissy when you come across one? Thats like being pissed that the sun will come up tomorrow morning. You know it will happen, why worry about it?

Don't you have other, more important things to worry about? Be it a job/hobby/family whatever it may be. Why waste time on stuff that does not matter?

Life is much happier and less stressful when you can deem anyone you don't care about irrelevant.

i dunno i guess you could say its in my blood

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Your ego is what drives you. Your idividuality.
You grew up perfect in this world

Well to fit in at least.

You don't have an identity in the Human race though. You have no empathy to the survival of the human race. You don't know these girls but since you don't care, you wouldn't want to learn because you are simpley yourself. Because you are a nobody to everybody, but everybody to yourself. You are the root of all evil on the planet. You are not sick, you are simpley what will drive the human race into a hole of eternally burning flames, because you don't care.

I care, for you though. Without you my life would be different. You make a difference in my life. Everyone makes a difference. You being a selfish person without a care for anyone around him, makes me a better person. I appreciate you being below me for me to feel above you. However since i believe we should all be on the persuit of progression i urge you to stop being such a little child aka "Grow up" Guy.

Grow up yourself, the world is a bigger place than you think and just because the sun is always above you when you look up, doesn't mean it's revolving around you.

Nicely put.

Ironically, its individuals & attitudes such as this that probably drove these 2 adorable young girls to suicide.

It saddens me even more that there are cretins on this forum that have actually starred his posts...

edit on 21-4-2011 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

It'd boost his ego to know that it actually saddened me to hear someone like him speak. Those words are so harsh. Just tough hearing how people don't care about others especially when fortunate enough to have an internet and a computer and in his case a family and children. Does one desirve such things just because he can aquire them even if they have no compassion? Ehh musn't stray to personal attacks

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Some people are simply born defective. If they choose to remove themselves from the gene pool, why should anyone feel bad?

Hm... well just because someone tried to kill themselves doesn't mean they were born defective.

There are some physical ailments that cause depression, or even complete insanity.

I mean, I highly doubt that these girls had any physical ailments that caused their brain chemistry to change so drastically that they felt suicide was a viable option, but it is possible. So don't generalize.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Personal attacks are all you are capable of since you lack the mental capacity to understand that not everyone thinks or feels the same as you do.
You sound like some sort of religious person.

And yet again... not all religious people resort to personal attacks to make their point.

Sheesh! Full of generalizations, huh?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

I mean, I highly doubt that these girls had any physical ailments that caused their brain chemistry to change so drastically that they felt suicide was a viable option, but it is possible.

Tell that to the guy that shot up Tucson. He never had any major issues, just a little off till one day he snapped. And everyone including the Senators and media generalized him as being mentally unstable. This dude didn't have any notable issues that caused his brain to change dramatically either...or did he?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Of course not all. There are some religious people who know to keep it to themselves.

That being said, religious nuts are the most judgmental people on the planet.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

That being said, religious nuts are the most judgmental people on the planet.

Now that I can agree with!!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

not all religious people resort to personal attacks to make their point.

Most do, they are a very judgmental group. I would know, Im a former religious nut. ( Until I woke up and saw through the lies)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join