It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Pact: Minnesota Teens Haylee Fentress and Paige Moravetz Commit Suicide at Slumber Party

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Lives have been perishing for millions of years, but it's not always a tragedy to everyone. Many more people are going to die in the future.
In this case, these two teens probably felt too much pressure and recognized that things are not recovering and chose to not hang around for what is to come in this country.

Take your silly arguments on who's right and wrong in the sense of being a 'good person' elsewhere. Like a U2U. You have different values, and those won't change over cyber arguments.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The more of this thread I read the more I believe in monsters....
Compassion is not a useless emotion. If one did not have compassion children would grow up to be monsters. For all the monsters posting...I think you lack compassion and emotion...you are the mentally unstable psychopaths.
I hope I never meet you on the street, for I would tell my children that not all monsters look scary so you have to observe them closely. If there actions are depraved and their hearts cold turn and run. Scary humans on ATS...no humanity.
Compassion is an endless supply. My heart is big enough for all the world. I will never grow weary of caring. I will never run out of love for those who are in pain.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Its sad things like this are becoming more and more commonplace, but with all due respect these teens were weak to let bullies get to them, They could of done alot more than off themselves like this,

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I would have to agree with viper, of course it's sad, but to their families, people in their lives. You never knew them tell you found out, you will forget them over a week, that's how life goes, some people can't handle it and get the short end of everything that comes their way. Like mommy always said " Life's never easy"

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by njh1988

Stuff like this just further divides us as a race, we're see how you feel when your only one true love is dead, and your left filling empty.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
when i was in school it was hard - social wise...

now it can be hell thats what happened to our kids - you cant beat them (to disciplin) cause they will lock you up.

they start drinking and smoking at ages like 10-11... (my first alkohol was at 15)
its a down spiral age wise - besides look how easy it is to destroy someones image (im older now so i do not care about it - but kids that age do)

its sad that 2 girls died,....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

I agree with you 100%, but I don't have time to depress myself over a couple children I never knew I give my compassion and thats it. If something happened to someone I personally knew it would be different they were in my life, I knew them, spent time with them, unlike these girls.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by njh1988

Indeed, but just imagine how the mothers of these daughters feel right now, I know even though I never knew these girls, just the thought of what state their mothers must be in right now, is enough for me to feel sad.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen
reply to post by ViperChili

talk about Vipers...no doubt the reason they killed themselves was because they woke up and realized the world was filled with the likes of your kind. Heartless and uncaring and selfish.
I hope they found understanding. I hope their families can find peace.

May we all be resurrected, in the truth and the light of life (awareness), including ViperChili - may we all come to realize that certain eternal connecting principal, which would invite people to want to be here, and not to check out because of the state of affairs of their domain of reality which we all know is of a purely human infrastructure, defined by human interaction and of social belonging and acceptance, for teens a rather dominating reality and preoccupation to say the least.

My heart then goes out as much to these girls, as it does to the constrained and cold, heartless, uncaring attitude of ViperChili (I had Chile today from TIm Hortons for lunch btw, in remembrance of you just for fun) which represents the very same lonliness on the flip side, the same isolating and self constraining way of being in relation to everyone else (and therefore, at some level to one's self) which also rends the heart when you come to think of it, the bystanders who simply do not care if it does not concern them and their own limited sphere of self-serving concerns (how constraining and constricting and limiting is that?). Self determinism is one thing, but cold uncaring self determination is nothing but isolation, and it's own self defeating prison, in the final analysis. If we stand for love then we also MUST stand with that same love, extended to the "enemy", to befriend him and if possible, teach him something, something he must already implicity know, if the truth be told. When we open that gate, for ViperChili, if we can, and go to the wall and take a stand for him, in love, then with him as our ally, the power of "we" then is re-aligned with an already always present realization, going forward, no longer as a projection from the past, born of ill feelings towards our fellow man, but as an authentic self expression of our truest self in relation to our fellow man at all levels, as as much as to ourself - an awareness that we cannot pinpoint the "who" any more than we can the when or the where..

"It" is something of no parTICULAR significance and yet, by being nothing in particular at the same time having the farthest reaching implications and significance, as the particular nothing that is EVERYTHING, re-cognized here and now, right now.

This is a new person being created from the future THROUGH the present and TO the past (reverse arrow of time), authentically INauthentic if you will, or charming and playful, imminently confident, but for a reason which can only terminate in a smile and mirth and playful creativity as an expression of that innate appreciation of the HUMOR of the absurd predicament we all find ourselves in.

Who will restore the humor to the world that was missing for these girls?

The gateway of all possibility can only occur through the opening and closing of the human heart, one to another in the relative framework of the brotherhood or family of man, as our true nature, and our true position, in mutual exploration of an eternal mystery (who we REALLY are as spiritual or self aware beings), one which can ONLY be discovered (the inner world of man) when we "get real" so to speak, or more authentically self expressed in the humor of understanding, that there is nothing in particular with which to be concerned let alone our own state of being, having, doing, whatever, and at the same time this overarching and always impending collapse or cataclysm of just who we thought we "were" (with a joke at our own expense always) - gives rise, in eternity, to a very wonderful and absurdly humorous conclusion - that we simply do not exist as a "separate self" at all and are in fact INFINITELY more or greater THAN we could have ever possibly imagined.

edit on 22-4-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I get what your saying, it makes sense. Two teenagers die you don't know them and couldn't really care less.
I mean If you think about them then it's not nice, but do any of you think when they ended their lives they wanted our empathy.

At least ViperChili isn't up on his high horse being melodramatic about it, they chose to die, they didn't ask for help; and why the hell should any of us feel bad about it when there's enough s*** stuff in life to deal with anyway; without other people dumping there's on you.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Originally posted by sepermeru

We said you shouldn't go out of your way to praise and celebrate it.

I simply said it was good they did it before they killed anyone else.

That's assuming all mentally unstable people will kill people at some point.

Also, suicide isn't just about individuals cleaning themselves off the gene pool you know...

With that being said, i have to agree with you on the 'why should i care' part.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

Well, to the uber-Darwinian crowd, or the supposed aloof who don't subscribe to metaphysics, then reduce it to pure physics... like chaos theory-butterfly effect-and not the crappy movie.

Because of this event it is possible some causal event will reach you and touch you negatively. As is a relative drinks too much to drown out the internal screaming and scratches the paint job on your shiny car with a button on their bluejeans as they lurch past.

With the birth of a puppy, or the orgasm of a unicorn or some such thing, the likelyhood of bad effects down the line are reduced. No over-indulgance, no scratch.

So it's okay to be bummed out that something crappy happened. See? It doesn't have to mean that you are weak, just self interested.

Although the puppy might end up biting you in the ass...
edit on 4/22/2011 by Baddogma because: felt like it

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Extreme bullying at school had to do with it, my news channel said this morning. People don't realize the pain they cause others, especially kids. This is so sad.

If this is the case, then the bullies need to be tried, and put behind bars. Most schools have a anti-bullying policy. It is very sad that one child can torment another child to the point of taking their own life. I also pin the blame on the school system, for not seeing this..If in fact they could see the bullying.

kix

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by trumpetthief1

First, English is my second language, so your childish remarks about spelling, are just that.

Second, Dont get angry at me, use your energy on someone close, because maybe one day you will wish you had done more important things in life than to argue on the internet. (with a unknown person LOL)

Now back on topic.

One of the biggest problems now is that tons of people are medicated, since childhood, I dont know if these Girls were on prescription, but I know for sure that they left a powerful message to School and Town...

We were bullied and nobody cared.

Now what is next?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
Its sad things like this are becoming more and more commonplace, but with all due respect these teens were weak to let bullies get to them, They could of done alot more than off themselves like this,

Are you for real.......................They were CHILDREN without knowledge of life, their life was just starting.

Unreal that you along with others are so hard and unemotional - will not and never read, flag or star any of you

BOYCOTT

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by reassor

when i was in school it was hard - social wise... now it can be hell thats what happened to our kids - you cant beat them (to disciplin) cause they will lock you up.

If a parent finds it necessary to physically assault a child in order to make him/her comply then perhaps it's the parent that needs educating and not the child.

The minute we accept violence or the threat of it as an acceptable method for making the less mature of mind comply to our wishes, we must then by proxy determine it acceptable for me to beat my feeble minded wife in order to educate her.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Suicide is absolutely selfish. These girls as young as they are had other options beside suicide and they chose to take the easy way out. I mean, it's a very sad situation and it sucks for these girls families, but now they are causing others pain. I was severely overweight when I was younger, I was bullied heavily in elementary, middle school and up to my freshman year. I have attempted suicide 3 times, and each time I was caught by my mother. As a teenager I also thought it was the best thing to do, but because it was peer pressure. I got to a point where I fantasized (not sexually, mind you) about bringing a armed weapon to school and killing students who bullied me, and the teachers that never did anything about it. I suddenly realized after my 3rd attempt at what I was doing to my mum, I was torturing her, like those kids at my school where doing to me. Then I lost weight and those bulliest tried to be my friends. Ha, now they're nothing but drug addicts sleeping at the pier.

kix

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You are missing the forest for the trees.

If you resort to violence as a parent to educate your children you have failed, BUT, CAN you educate those who are not your children? and thus they MAY BE testing your patience, bullying and breaking the law on a daily basis.

Do you think a "dont do that" will make those UN educated people behave?

The system was different 40 years ago, when a bully or a stupid person tried to get advantage, and to rob people they were punished, nowadays they work at Wall street, they are even adored (Charlie Sheen anyone?).

The real sad part is that most people have their hands tied now and cant really put these monsters in their right place, so more educated and non violent people are being attacked by these bullys.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's always the ones that gives the most love that have the most pain, I feel sorry for their families.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
In all honesty
Most peoples here are sad about thoses two dead kids.

But sadness remind us we're alive and not in a coffin

Unconsciously, most peoples here think "they're dead, its sad but at least they're not my kids, im relieved"

Because somes dies, it make us stay alive

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join