It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web sites going down, Is the internet crashing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ok so, a few of my friends who I play Call of Duty with called me today. They where wondering if I was also having troubles logging in to the Playstation Network? And I was since it is my day off and I felt like getting in a little gamming today.

I have been having a little bit of trouble lately with my internet speed and figured it was just my bogged down computer/ laptop. So I have been catching up on some good old couch patato stuff, t,v, sleep, tv, eat, surf the net you know the good stuff.

Then I get a call from the wife, she wants to know what we have comeing from netflix, so I try and go on there and see, but its not working. "strange"I think, "is it some how conected to Playstation?" I also think.

So then I go and do a little internet search of just the question, "web sites down", and "google down", or others, and it seems to be unusualy high, or at least to my perseption. But mostly when I type in "web site down" .

Now I am in no way a strick internet monitor, or claim to be any kind of expert, It just struck me as odd, and I was wondering if any one else has come accross a favorite website that is down right now or having problems.
I guess I trying to see if there is a bigger picture.
Like I said I am just one little person and I noticed it more so today, so I was wondering if any of you noticed it too? So please go easy on me.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Regional DNS servers failure is likely the cause, try and reroute to a different DNS.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This thread may answer your questions - ATS Post

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by superjesse13132000

I saw a story earlier about how Anonymous either hacked into PSN or was planning on hacking PSN

Anon hacks PSN

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

I live in arizona and my friends live in chicago, knoxville, england. And what about netflix, google and the others?, They all cant be becuse of a server.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I just noticed a site down today that I usually go to cause I wanted to remix a paul simon song. Been down all day. www.indabamusic.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There is high speculation that the PlayStation Network - PSN may be down due to a DoS (Denial of Service) attack by the hactivist group Anonymous (Anon).

They had infact stated that something big was headed Sony's way.
Biggest attack Ever Witnessed

For those who are not on the gaming scene, Sony has been after a few hackers Geohot, Graf_Chokolo for successfully hacking into the PS3 and stuff.

Well, if Anon is behind it, i would say GO Anon!!
Time to show the corporations that they are here only because of us consumers and they can't rule us...er... forever

Otherwise, it could be a normal maintenance.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Ok that explains the Playstation network, but what about netflix, google and a few others I cant recall just this second? I was wondering if there where others that are down right now , maybe some you might know of that I havnt heard of. But if its just 2 or 3 major ones then I get some days are just more busy then others.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

See exactly what I ment, there might be others and we just havnt put them together yet. I was just looking at it like a brick wall, " if you take enough bricks out, then the wall collapses". who knows but I bet if all of us ATS-ers put our heads together we can find out.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just saw this article on yahoo. This might explain.

Link
edit on 21-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join