It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Another Earth' .... Are we being conditioned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think it was Bob Dean, who was the first person I heard of who said that media was being used to condition people to the ideas of aliens and alien technology.

First off, I didn't know where to put this topic so I stuck it here, but it seems to me that we may be being conditioned for more than just aliens. I just saw the trailer for a movie coming out soon titled 'Another Earth'. The trailer's description basically said that the "Story revolves around a girl who is trying to make peace with an accident she had, and the background of the story was the discovery of another "earth-like" planet." I thought it sounded interesting so I clicked the link, and was shocked by what I saw.

From here I'll let the trailer speak for itself.

Another Earth - trailer

Also keep in mind that Speilberg is stated to release a remake of 'When World's Collide' in 2012 (another movie about Earth hoppers).
I'm not saying I'm a Nibiru or Planet X fanatic, but I'm open to the idea of unknown celestial bodies roaming in space that could find themselves within view of our sky.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

Another Earth - trailer

Also keep in mind that Speilberg is stated to release a remake of 'When World's Collide' in 2012.

Don't forget about Melancholia...

www.imdb.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Good point. I haven't heard of that one before.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Another Earth, Coming Soon!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Spitzer just needs some more time to do its job the way it was designed and we will have another Earth. It's a given at this point.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by redtic

Good point. I haven't heard of that one before.

I tend to think there's no conspiracy here and that it's really all just about money - what is the public interested in - and this slew of planet collision movies just stems from the whole 2012 thing, particularly the Nibiru/Planet-X aspect of it. It's "trending", so to speak, so Hollywood flocks to it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
No conspiracy, it's an incredibly common human fantasy, a new world to explore, the sheer wonder of it all. We live on a planet with little left to explore, our freedom or natural humanity has been taken.

Another planet is a wildly common fantasy, and frankly it's shocking more movies haven't been done up to now.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I'm not saying I'm a Nibiru or Planet X fanatic, but I'm open to the idea of unknown celestial bodies roaming in space that could find themselves within view of our sky.

Problem is, if you take the time to review how our Solar System interacts, you will find it can not be hidden from view unless it exactly mirrors the Earths movements.

Knowing that, you would have to explain how all the Amateur and Professional Astronomers can't see a huge body in space heading for us to impact or come close enough to destroy us, which is not possible.

Knowing that, you have to explain how they got all these people to be part of a grand conspiracy to hide it from us.

Knowing that, you have to explain why it's not visible to us without resorting to the silly arguments that Sun Dogs and known celestial phenomena are Niburu.

Planet X is actually misused here as it's the generic name for suspected and currently unknown planets. How it entered the mix I'm not sure.

There simply is no evidence or rational reason to believe in Niburu. Niburu is easy to understand. Fear mongering sells books, video's and paid speaking engagements. It also draws attention to attention seekers.

Then you find that the real Mayan's who are still with us today, believe themselves that their calander ending is the same as the 2011 caladar on my wall ending at the end of 2011 and the 2012 one simply has not been printed yet. A calendar is a calendar. It makes no predictions. All of that is invented by authors and attention seekers.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Which is why I'm not a fanatic as I stated. All I'm saying is that it is possible for galaxies to collide, as seen in some incredible Hubble photographs. That would factor out the arguments about eliptical orbits, and not seeing it yet. I'm not saying it's happening now, or in 2012, or in the next 50-100 years, but conditioning, like all things, takes time and often generations. There's nothing saying that someone hasn't noticed that we're on a collision course with another galaxy in 2000 years. Most people wouldn't care, because it doesn't directly affect them, as most of our narcissistic society tends to behave, but a humanitarian would understand the need to bury the reality of this into the collective subconscious of the race, to prepare us for a possible future exodus of Earth.
Its all seems a bit far fetched. Then again, so was space travel a hundred years ago.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Yes, that is true I'm sure. The process would cover huge spans of time and undoubtedly we would know far, far in advance.

Asteroids escape our view by their size and distance and we certainly could be blind sided by one. Something like Nibiru is professed to be could not. It's approach would be monitored for many years prior to it's arrival. Everyone would know and it could not be hidden. Even if it was not in the visible spectrum it would still be noticed. Even more so now than in the past.

Nibiru started with Sitchen and should have ended there I think. Since then it's been usurped by so many it's hard to keep track. Sitchen predicted Nibiru to arrive in about 2900, not 2012 and that alone should show the absurdity of it. He knowingly did things like use poor photographs of artifacts to trick his readers. Nobody with credibility placed any stock in what he wildly imagined.

As I understand it the orbit of Nibiru is not even possible. Sitchen was a hoaxer with a large following.

It's good your sensible in this stuff. So many are not.

Here is a link I'd forgotten in my Bookmarks you might find interesting -
Link to Nibiru Hoax.

new topics

top topics

join