It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police arrest man INSIDE his house for taking cell phone video of traffic stop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is criminal activity that we have the right to put a stop to. If anybody sees the cop responsible for the crime of trespass, theft, and kidnapping, you have the right to pull your weapon on him and tell him that you are performing a citizens arrest for said crimes. If he were to resist arrest, you have every right to defend yourself.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is only another example of TPTB taking away our rights. Since when is it a crime to film something happening in your own neighborhood? Now I for one will admit that I know a lot of cops. The majority are bad apples. Only a few actually believe in the law. A power hungry struggle between the good and the bad can only lead to one thing when the bad rule, injustice. And this is what we are faced with. When in the heck did it become common place for us to fear our protectors? Why do we fear them? This is why. This is why we hide things from their prying eyes. A few months ago, I got pulled over for breaking the speed limit. The truth is I did not. It was a very snowy day, and I had my son with me. Being overly cautious, I was driving too slow. A state cop pulled me over and stated what he thought I was doing 67 miles per hourI explained . I told him flat out, I did not break the speed limit, I have my son to think about. He argued with me about it until I asked him to check his on board camera. He then proceeded to write me a warning after doing so. After seeing that I had not exceeded the speed limit, but was rather under it by ten miles an hour. My son was so fearful the whole time, being worried about me. I explained to my son that it was only a mistake made on his part, but that he had to save face by writing the warning. This is the problem with giving too much power to those that would abuse it. Where is the over-site with these guys? I know they have it, but maybe they need more. Besides, they are the ones that tell us if we have nothing to hide there is nothing to fear. It should apply to them as well, but even more so. But the again, Who among us in the cilvilian world are going to enforce this? No one. Because it has become so common place it is almost as natural as breathing air. Cawords!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by h1satsu

I was thinking the same thing.

VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
There will be a time when officers will attempt to enter my home. I know this, because I have a number of registered weapons here. The problem will be exacerbated with the weapons I have that are not registered. A number of my friends are police officers and I feel for them if they ever feel the need to trespass on my property.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
This is the exact reason I carry a glock17 with hollow tips. Cop comes on my property demanding my cellphone he better think twice!

shooting a cop for trespassing will make a great article. the second article would be cops shoot man 147 times, guns and drugs found in his possession.

or in an alternate universe, man who shot cop for trepassing was just executed by lethal injection at 12:01 am.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
well the man was recording something that was obviously non of his business, the officer had every right to take that phone away from him!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
american dream
freedom and lol

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

The problem is a lot of cops are paid less then those who work at wal-mart. With that in mind why wouldn't someone who puts their life in danger for you, try to skim a little on the side. The cops who act like this are doing just that.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exposed2Truth
well the man was recording something that was obviously non of his business, the officer had every right to take that phone away from him!

None of his business??? What the hell are you on?

This is this mans home, this is his neighborhood, this is his families safe haven. He has every right to know what is happening right on his doorstep for his own protection and his families. Is it not his business if a gang is squatting on his front lawn raping a 14 year old....

Maybe you should be a cop.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The police are becoming more and more brazen with neglecting citizens rights.

Sieg Heil!!!!!!!

This keeps up and we may be looking at a Geheime Staatspolizei.
I continually see more and more of these ludicrous police in anywhere USA doing the most ludicrous things.
I present to you guys again, my idea for pre-requisite of taking a police exam.
-pre-requisite - An applicant must provide testimony from at least 4 or more friends from High school, that the applicant was a sociable and likable person.

Now you may all laugh and call me a loon, but what this will do, is ensure that most of the police force has NO agenda toward everybody else. It's always the same thing over and over again. Lonely guy gets picked on in high school. Lonely guy gets badge and gets revenge. Likable people just don't do things like this. I'm sorry, but it's true.
Right now this country has thousands of little Napolean guys with badges and squad cars. It frightens me.
Lash away at me.
edit on 22-4-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by Wildbob77

hi Wildbob77. i'm afraid i have to disagree with your statement:

"Legally speaking, the general rule for photographing police is this: it is perfectly legal to photograph on-duty police so long as the photographer doesn't interfere with police business."

I've read exceptions to this in news posted online. The reasoning used was there was undercover detectives inspecting a crime scene, and they did not want pictures posted which may compromise the undercovers identity. In that same article they also mentioned something about having respect for the victim and her family, which to me weakened their first claim.

Wildbob77 it seems to me the United States are only united by taxes and a flag. In most all other respects TPTB try to keep the States divided and conquered, making things much more difficult for the common man. We are all upheld to keeping the law; ignorance of the law is no excuse, but there is no handy guidebook telling us what is illegal!

"Au contrare" my good man!

I must sincerely disagree! The supreme law of the land is accessible and written in plain english for the everyman! It's not overly long; heavy or teduious.Pocket sized (citizen portable) copies are commonly available (free in many instances).

Its called "the constitution"!.

edit on 21-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

I'll be sure to check the Constitution to see which States permit licensed operators of motor vehicles on public thoroughfares to 'right on red'. I've also wondered what the different States have as age of consent. I for one am shocked to find out the Constitution contains this information, and I look forward to placing many questions to rest.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Its stories like this that make me shed little sympathy or concern for when law enforcement gets taken down. No wonder there is a complete lack of respect for the law or the dolts who seem to create their own version of it.

brill

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchMan
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

The problem is a lot of cops are paid less then those who work at wal-mart. With that in mind why wouldn't someone who puts their life in danger for you, try to skim a little on the side. The cops who act like this are doing just that.

Walmart pays minimum wage. The average salary for a scumbag, criminal, pig of a cop is about $50,000. You are greedy as hell if you think 50k isn't a good enough salary to roll around and bully people.
Little weaselly cowards like you are the problem, as you make it so easy for them to get away with this crap by making moronically false excuses for their criminal behavior.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

alot of people say there are alot of good cops out there i have yet to find one.

I agree

Seems to me that most (Not all) cops think they are some sort of Judge Dread Above the law becuase they are the law.. What right does that Cop have in just walking into his garage and demanding he give over his phone for evidence.. The only thing that phone's evidence is proof of is corruption of COPS ( again not all cops But it seems to me 90% of them... )

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Originally posted by Arcade425
This is the exact reason I carry a glock17 with hollow tips. Cop comes on my property demanding my cellphone he better think twice!

shooting a cop for trespassing will make a great article. the second article would be cops shoot man 147 times, guns and drugs found in his possession.

or in an alternate universe, man who shot cop for trepassing was just executed by lethal injection at 12:01 am.

Why do you believe the officer is going to be shot with the Glock? You didn't assume the cop had had his gun to shoot the guy with the cell phone. Yet you do assume if the ATS member had the cell phone with a Glock he would have shot the cop with it. Hypocritical (biased) reasoning on your part!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This could have it's own thread but I'll post here anyway. "Rochester Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard" is the title. Very similar situation. Cops arrest a woman for taping them who is standing on her own yard. Source is PINAC and the video is there. They say that they arrest her cause they dont feel safe when she is standing there.

edit on 21/6/2011 by PsykoOps because: source

top topics

<< 1   >>

join