It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Silver Price Surge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Silver has blasted through $45 and is bulldozing it's way through $46.
Personally, I believe you will see $1,000 an ounce before too much longer.
Why? It's called total financial world implosion.
Do the research on Argentina, Zimbabwe and the Wiemar Republic.
and check out "Silver Supplies Are Tightest In History" at: www.bestmetalresearch.com...
Do you really think it can't happen here?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Max Kaiser said that about the time that silver hits 45 to 47 USD,
panic buying will set in and there is not enough physical supply
to even honour 5 percent of the paper contracts
(just at morgan stanley alone, I think)
edit on 21-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i keep telling people the significance of silver shooting up crazy fast, they just treat it as if silver is common stock. How do people not realize what is represented from the price hike in silver.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I knew I should have bought them silver dollars..

Damn the ole lady..

edit on 21-4-2011 by liejunkie01 because: I

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Well. you might still be able to get some Silver quarter or Silver dimes. Since Silver will top out around 1,000 you still have plenty of room.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgreen
reply to post by liejunkie01

Well. you might still be able to get some Silver quarter or Silver dimes. Since Silver will top out around 1,000 you still have plenty of room.

That's rather ambitious to put it lightly. I'm invested in physical myself but don't expect that type of return. In fact if and that's a big if things get over $100 there will be much bigger problems, like inflation. Yes silver investors will make some money but the cost of everyday items will sky rocket. Silver will just be a hedge against inflation. Watching the sinking US dollar is almost inversely proportional to watching silver climb.

And for those who parrot the "you can't eat it" line, save it for someone else please, its tiring.

brill

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm going to say 250 an once USD within one year
( I said 150 to 200 dollars per barral oil last june, for one year here at ats
Im on track there
The USD dollar went down a couple cents, silver went up by dollars...
silver is in demand because the dollar is no longer in d emand as a safe haven
there is a difference

so it will ha ha IS going up in a disproportunate manner

notice how all the predicters of a silver correction of consequence
are so far all totally wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

....notice how all the predicters of a silver correction of consequence
are so far all totally wrong.

Wishful thinking on the part of the "experts" who only know sipposed value of paper.

Silver has been outpacing gold for the last year and a half, but it is now really outpacing the yellow metal. At this point the silver to gold ratio is about 32:1 A year and a half ago it was about 65:1
edit on 23-4-2011 by romanmel because: correct percentages

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yeah, I think he's right too. It's been figured by somebody that there's about two dimes worth of Silver for every person on Earth.
That's two physical mercury dimes.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

You're absolutely right...and that's why it will go to $1,000 an ounce....I just didn't say how much a gallon of milk or loaf of bread will be then.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well here we are folks about to bust through $50, the high was $49 and change today and I suspect anytime tomorrow or maybe Monday or Tuesday when all the stops are cleared out it will bust through and rise to at least $52.

JP Morgan has thousands of naked shorts coming due in May along with others and they will eat them if this continues. The shills are saying this is a bubble like the 80s and will burst in May trying to trigger a sell off so the JPM and friends will not have to eat those shorts. There is good evidence this is not a bubble but that increasing industry demand and the economy is driving this and it will continue.

The dollar is crashing they won't raise rates so inflation will kick into high gear; I don't think $500 is unrealistic although I am sure they will try something to nip it in the bud but I think their bag of tricks is about empty. I am looking forward to paying all my debts off and getting out of dodge when it does.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Max Kaiser said that about the time that silver hits 45 to 47 USD, panic buying will set in and there is not enough physical supply to even honour 5 percent of the paper contracts (just at morgan stanley alone, I think)

I've been looking into this for a while, and I believe panic buy will set in if we stay above $47 for and extnded period (a week or so) or the silver closes above $50.

After that point, the JP Morgue will be like a person being hung: Still alive, flailing, but everyone knowing the inevitable ending

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The dollar is crashing they won't raise rates so inflation will kick into high gear; I don't think $500 is unrealistic although I am sure they will try something to nip it in the bud but I think their bag of tricks is about empty. I am looking forward to paying all my debts off and getting out of dodge when it does.

The country isn't being responsible and paying its debts, and has bankrupted Social security which we ALL pay for......I'm not paying back a cent I owe.

I'm just emulating our leaders!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
There is a pretty large movement pushing silver to $50 to hurt JP Morgan Chase and make them lose on 4 billion in naked shorts on silver at $50 by May. We buy at least some physical silver every week. It is a labor of love. We would all love to see JP Morgan Chase lose 4 billion. These predators are banksters maximus. Worst of the worst.

new topics

top topics

join