It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahi Hawass Caught in another lie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You and I both were entirely wrong dude, but so were the people who bought the story as well.
The image on the left is actually "the Queen's Shaft" on the southern side, and the image on the right is "the Kings Shaft" on the northern side. You can verify this by googleing the respective phrases and clicking on images.
"Mystery" solved.
Hawass is still a jackass though and crap like this doesn't help the honest attempts of serious alternative archaeologists to get their theories accepted as possibilities. Please try to do more research before you spread stuff like this around. You only hurt the cause of truth when you spread obvious falsehoods.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by violentz313

Thw whole exploring the chamber in the great pyramid on live tv was a hoax. Not that supried since zahi is seriously evil lol read the artical i was pretty suprised about this and im sure you will be as well. Glad this scumbag is in jail for lying to the egytian people and the rest of the wolrd its ashame that people in power try to keep the secrets of history just that secrets.

newsflavor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I can't stress it more:

DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING COMING OUT OF EGYPT FROM NOW ON!
I think the Soros Cia orchestrated revolutions want more than just some puppet governments which they could simply place with simpler means over the course of time. They created all the chaos and economic turmoil to send waves of confusion and obfuscate the real nature and intent on operations conducted in places with the greatest historical importance in this World. If you want to establish a fascist NWO first thing you have to do is REWRITE HISTORY and to do this you have presend evidence to overturn historical facts. Now all this NEW AGE movement and how any cook can claim how they have been hiding us everything is starting to make me a bit uneasy. A matter of fact sites like the ATS started to make me a bit uneasy. What if all this was preplaned and all that turmoil in Egypt, Syria, Israel, Libya and probably others that may follow like in Greece when it will finally go bankrupt are all the culmination of carefull orchestrated events before decades, even from the era all thiss defiant NEW AGE philosophy had started along with the hippy movement?
For what I Know even poor JFK might had tried to warn the world about something similar and they got to him before he become a whistleblower.
It might be safe to assume tha Hawas might have become a complete tool, since he is already in jail and of course in Egypt, which is not overly favored for it's democratic conditions about anything. Anyone can have a hold of him now.
edit on 22-4-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by violentz313

Zahi Hawass Caught in another lie

newsflavor.com

Dr. Zahi Hawass could be in trouble again, evidence has emerged that he has been lying to the Egyptian Public, and the world!

Read more: newsflavor.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Thanks for posting this OP. This secret chamber is fascinating, and I for a while I felt sorry for Hawass (albeit he is a tad crooked) because he geniunely does care for Egyptian antiquities and saw his pain over them getting destroyed in the revolution. However him covering this up is unnerving. But maybe we need to look at the bigger picture here, is it him covering it up or is he just being the puppet in the story? This is ATS after all ...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
And we were all told "he is THE man" in Egyptology by the media...

Yes we were. So nobody would question what he was saying.

His real job was to hide the truth about ancient Egypt.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I am not a big fan of Hawass, but to accuse him of lying about the shafts without examining the evidence is intellectually dishonest and lazy. The article the OP based his post on was factually flawed and even a cursory search can resolve the issue.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yeah like the Chinese the Egyptians don't want you or the world to know where their god kings and Pharaoh blood line came from because some people in this world hate the fact that Europeans built those pyramids after a flood in their homelands, read my thread on Atlantis off the west cost of Ireland.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Start at the very top and take that stupid triangle apart brick by brick. How long are we going to debate and study this thing? The striking similarities between us and the monkeys in 2001 A Space Odyssey are mind boggling.
The pyramid contains something incredibly important or it contains nothing, we will NEVER know if we don't search it. We honsetly have nothing to lose.

Take the pyramid apart?! Are you nuts?!

I am all for exploration of the pyramids but I also think we should just let them be. I enjoy all the discoveries of Egypt but I kind of like keeping them where they lay. I mean the Egyptians put so much thought into the afterlife and burial and we just yank them out and put them in a museum lol I know it sounds silly but I feel like we ripped them out of their afterlife and they are no longer enjoying it because we took them from what they prepared for themselves in their tombs....Hope that makes sense lol

As for Hawass. HAHA I dont like him. I use to love him honestly then I read more about him and didn't like his attitude and I didn't like what he did to a few other archaeologists and I dont like what he did to Robert Schoch. I did a paper on the sphinx 10yrs ago and Robert emailed me back and forth with information for my paper. He was very cool and helpful. Hawass NEVER replied to me...go figure.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is just another story of power and corruption. I'm sure that Zawass knows much more than what he discloses. after all he has the run of the place. Just like in many other mysteries a handfull of people know the real truth and their job is to keep everyone else guessing. Egypt is a place of many mysterious, many of which have not been disclosed (at least not to us).

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Start at the very top and take that stupid triangle apart brick by brick. How long are we going to debate and study this thing? The striking similarities between us and the monkeys in 2001 A Space Odyssey are mind boggling.
The pyramid contains something incredibly important or it contains nothing, we will NEVER know if we don't search it. We honsetly have nothing to lose.

Take the pyramid apart?! Are you nuts?!

I am all for exploration of the pyramids but I also think we should just let them be. I enjoy all the discoveries of Egypt but I kind of like keeping them where they lay. I mean the Egyptians put so much thought into the afterlife and burial and we just yank them out and put them in a museum lol I know it sounds silly but I feel like we ripped them out of their afterlife and they are no longer enjoying it because we took them from what they prepared for themselves in their tombs....Hope that makes sense lol

As for Hawass. HAHA I dont like him. I use to love him honestly then I read more about him and didn't like his attitude and I didn't like what he did to a few other archaeologists and I dont like what he did to Robert Schoch. I did a paper on the sphinx 10yrs ago and Robert emailed me back and forth with information for my paper. He was very cool and helpful. Hawass NEVER replied to me...go figure.

I'll tell you what's "nuts"..........
Breaking the wax seal on a tomb and STEALING every single thing inside it including the body of the young man buried there, namely Tutankhamun.
Digging up a bunch of corpses and piling them into interesting shapes so you can build more stuff while still appearing to respect the dead. Paris.
The pyramid is a message from the past and a warning, it contains information from the survivors of the last cataclysm on how to survive the next one. This information is inside or under the pyramid and there are many who know this.
Do you honestly believe some woman in Egypt was able to create a flash mob and overthrow the government without some serious help from outside the country? They know what's in there and the recent activity in the area indicates time is running out.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Instead of ranting about hawass himself or the construction of the pyramid, can anyone refute the claims in the original article comments that there are in fact two shafts and the the "comparison" is between two different shafts?

IE the whole article is bunk?

That should be a more important aspect of discussion in this thread I think.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I personally do not recall anything about two shafts or mirrored shafts. I was under the impression that it was just one shaft. Google "great pyramid shafts" for more information, there are no mirrors. Methinks that is misinformation.

I have personally never liked Hawass. You honestly cannot read or watch anything regarding ancient Egypt without him being involved. He had to be personally involved in every single excavation, every single video, I got sick of seeing him everywhere because I personally believed him to be biased. He would not allow any dig or further seismic analysis of the Sphinx paw cavities. Criticism in his wikipedia article was responded to and edited by Egypt-based IP addresses. You could hardly find any dirt on this guy because of censorship (until this past month) but there were some web pages that said told the truth about him, about death threats, about the hoax of the hieroglyphs in the great pyramid supported by Hawass. The truth is there but nobody was interested except some people like me. The Orion theory was interesting but Hawass was the one that killed it. Hawass is accepted in the west and accepted by the Mubarak regime (which was accepted by Israel). The thing is, I do not entirely blame the guy. He is a devoted Muslim and does not like Israel after all. But he obviously was paid to ensure that nothing ever surfaced which changed history. Modern-day Egypt has very little in ancestral ties to ancient Egypt whether they want to believe this or not. Ancient Egypt is the likely origin point of all life on Earth and the pyramids are most likely much older than we have been told that they are. This obviously interferes with all Abrahamic religions including Judaism, Islam, and Christianity along with all their variants affecting 50+% of the world's population.

I'm just curious to see what lies underneath the Sphinx.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by vault13er
I personally do not recall anything about two shafts or mirrored shafts. I was under the impression that it was just one shaft. Google "great pyramid shafts" for more information, there are no mirrors. Methinks that is misinformation.

Methinks you didn't read the post right that mentioned "mirrored."

The shafts are like mirror images. "Mirrored," then, is used as an adjective. Note:

The Shafts of the Queen's Chamber Described
The openings of both shafts are located at the same level in the chamber, at the joint at the top of the second course of granite wall-stone; the ceilings of the shafts are level with the joint.

The northern shaft runs horizontally for just over six feet (76"), then turns upward at a mean angle of 37º 28'. The shaft terminates about 20 feet short of the outside of the pyramid. The total length of the northern shaft is about 240 feet and rises at an angle of 38º for the majority of its length.

The southern shaft also runs horizontally for just over six feet (80"), then turns upward at a mean angle of 38º 28'. The total length of the southern shaft is about 250 feet and, as its northern counterpart, ascends at an angle of 38º for the majority of its length and comes to an end about 20 feet short of the outside of the pyramid.

SOURCE

Originally posted by vault13er
You could hardly find any dirt on this guy because of censorship (until this past month) but there were some web pages that said told the truth about him, about death threats, about the hoax of the hieroglyphs in the great pyramid supported by Hawass.

There is no hoax concerning the grafitti in the relieving chambers of the great pyramid. Even Graham Hancock admits to this right on his own website.

Sorry. Your distaste for Hawass has led you right off the cliff of ignorance. Climb back up, won't you?

Harte

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I do know a brief comment that was released on the findings and hawass lied!!

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: twinportssightings
I do know a brief comment that was released on the findings and hawass lied!!

No, you don't know this because Hawass didn't lie about the shaft explorations.

Harte

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Dr. Hawass made the mistake of not being supportive of the Muslim brotherhood.

He’s lucky to be alive..

I’ve met him and he is a kind man....he did the right thing and those cultists have ruined his reputation and a career spent protecting Egypt’s historical legacy against an ethos(Islam) whisk seeks to erase all non-Muslim history.

-Chris

top topics

<< 1   >>

join