It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahi Hawass Caught in another lie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Zahi Hawass Caught in another lie

newsflavor.com

Dr. Zahi Hawass could be in trouble again, evidence has emerged that he has been lying to the Egyptian Public, and the world!

Read more: newsflavor.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thw whole exploring the chamber in the great pyramid on live tv was a hoax. Not that supried since zahi is seriously evil lol read the artical i was pretty suprised about this and im sure you will be as well. Glad this scumbag is in jail for lying to the egytian people and the rest of the wolrd its ashame that people in power try to keep the secrets of history just that secrets.

newsflavor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
really interesting...I'm curious to know what else he was hiding, and whats really in the chamber..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
These are two different shafts pictured (both in the great pyramid - not one set-up by Hawass).

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Authenticated

there is no chamber!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Very few can avoid the pitfall of hubris brought on by celebrity. Most don't even try.

Hawas found the entertainment aspect of his position more lucrative than the science... so he produced entertainment for a willing audience... the prideful at home, the curious around the world...

And we were all told "he is THE man" in Egyptology by the media who loved him for the marketing dollars he generated with his.... productions.

Let's see how revisionist history makes him the sole culprit in this.... because you know the media that piggybacked on his vainglorious enterprises will never admit they were part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
No conspiracy here. 2 different doors because there are 2 different shafts. These photos were not intended to represent the same shaft.
The Northern shaft is shown in the first Photo. The Southern shaft that was drilled is shown in the 2nd photo.
edit on 4/21/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

This site gives a clear explanation of the exploration of both shafts. www.guardians.net...
edit on 4/21/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
don't know about the shafts but hawass has been convicted for a land dispute and not for faking the video!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by polysoup
don't know about the shafts but hawass has been convicted for a land dispute and not for faking the video!

Egypt’s antiquity minister Zahi Hawass will not serve any jail time and will remain in his position, according to his blog post.

“The National Council of Egypt’s Administrative Court issued a decree today (April 18, 2011) accepting a proposal to stop the recent court ruling against me in my former role as Secretary General of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, in a case involving the bookstore at the Egyptian Museum,” Hawass wrote.

Source: Africana Online
People playing politics. Hawass caught in the middle doing same. Oh my.

Harte

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Start at the very top and take that stupid triangle apart brick by brick. How long are we going to debate and study this thing? The striking similarities between us and the monkeys in 2001 A Space Odyssey are mind boggling.
The pyramid contains something incredibly important or it contains nothing, we will NEVER know if we don't search it. We honsetly have nothing to lose.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Start at the very top and take that stupid triangle apart brick by brick. How long are we going to debate and study this thing? The striking similarities between us and the monkeys in 2001 A Space Odyssey are mind boggling.
The pyramid contains something incredibly important or it contains nothing, we will NEVER know if we don't search it. We honsetly have nothing to lose.

Nothing to lose? Compromising the integrity of possibly the most significantly important landmark known to man...yeah, lets just start at the very top of a 450 foot tall pyramid and pull down the incredibly heavy stone used to build it. Come on man, have respect for whoever, or whatever, built the pyramids and leave them as they are.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iltsbas

Well the could leave one for the tourists and geeks - but it isn't like there aren't enough pictures of the thing already.

Alot of things could be built with those blocks. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by iltsbas

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Nothing to lose? Compromising the integrity of possibly the most significantly important landmark known to man...yeah, lets just start at the very top of a 450 foot tall pyramid and pull down the incredibly heavy stone used to build it. Come on man, have respect for whoever, or whatever, built the pyramids and leave them as they are.

The only thing that makes this the "most significantly important landmark known to man" is the mystery surrounding it's construction and purpose, two things that will remain unknown using your logic. The "incredibly heavy stones" will fall because gravity works even on ancient stones.
Lastly your comment about having respect and leaving them as they are made me laugh, where was that respect when they plundered the tombs of egypt and put the dead on display like ancient pottery?
Perhaps heavy machinery around the base of this object will help loosen some tongues before it results in it's destruction.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by iltsbas

Well the could leave one for the tourists and geeks - but it isn't like there aren't enough pictures of the thing already.

Alot of things could be built with those blocks. Just saying.

We could use those blocks to build a wall around Washington DC so those scumbag politicians never come out.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by violentz313

People with no knowledge of how lenses change the appearance and perspective should not critique photos. That article is really sad and written by somebody without the knowledge to speak out.

To help those who wonder what I'm talking about.

....and a perhaps better article.

I'd say that author can be discounted as a quack.
Sorry as the second linked article was the wrong one.

What's in that article is bunk because it's simply showing the same thing through different focal lengths and angle of view.

edit on 4/21/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I have always known Hawass to be a forked tongued snake. When He denied any sort of excavation by anyone, when a chamber was discovered at the feet of the Sphinx.The discovery was made using ultra sound, by a couple of American archaeologists, if my memory serves me right. Only He would be permitted to reveal the chambers secrets. What did he really find? Edger Cayce said something important would be found there.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Hawass got locked up eh? Right on. I've always despised that guy for making it so hard for any alternative archeologists from getting anywhere in Egypt. I'm going to have to check out what he got arrested for.
I'm not totally convinced that the differences in those pictures aren't just a trick of angles and lighting and such though, but they do seem to be different in several ways. I'm going to do some analysis on my own and see what I come up with.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Another piece of TRUTH out there. Good post.

The only thing, now, is to figure out what was behind and whom what was inside may benefit to.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What ever the truth is here....I always found this man insincere.

He always had to have his nose in everything and he seemed to rule his position like a little dictator.

Other men would do the digging and make the discoveries....When they did find something he would Tell them to stop and wait for him to get there before they broke a seal to some tomb.

Then he would show up hogging the cameras' saying "WE" knew there was something here! And he would steal the spotlight away from the Archeologist that made the discovery.

Evertime he would show up on a program I would cringe! I wished he would just go away, retire get replaced something. He was a pompus blowhard! I will not miss him.

And if Egypt is one of the cradles of civilization Then it's secrets belong to the world and not just Egypt
edit on 22-4-2011 by DreamVapor because: misspell

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm confused. So will the documentary where they are supposed to open the door in that shaft happen or not? Because I really wanted to see that (even if it was a total bust last time).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join