It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All government conspiracies solved hooray!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
CNN posted an article that debunks all of the most common political conspiracies. My favorite part about the article is that they give very little evidence as to how they are debunked. They just give quotes from experts saying that they're false. My favorite part is the one about 9/11 where they say "Popular Mechanics magazine looked into the claims and was able to "debunk each of these assertions with hard evidence and a healthy dose of common sense." There is a link to the popular mechanics article supposedly "debunking" all of the theories about 9/11 being an inside job. Some of their claims are absurd, especially their explanation of how tower 7 went down. So many people will read this and just automatically believe it because its from a popular news outlet. What do you guys think? Are they just trying to further bad mouth the conspiracy theorists? Thoughts on the article?

www.cnn.com...
edit on 21-4-2011 by seberhar because: spelling

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seberhar

Are they just trying to further bad mouth the conspiracy theorists? Thoughts on the article?

Yes. Popular mechanics was itself debunked. It's all a load of crap but for a small percent, actually, I wish it was a small percent, of people will believe it because some authority figure told them so. Basic high school level physics debunks both popular mechanics and the NIST report.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I almost fell asleep reading their "debunking" arguments.
It's literally like, "theorists say this occurred..." then CNN says, "No it didn't, so there you go, case closed."
Thank God CNN was able to set me straight on the facts once and for all.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I''m not physics expert but I could tell the stuff PM was stating was bull. Their reasoning seemed so faked. I feel like I'm the only person that can see through media BS. It's not hard just use common sense! It's a shame how blindly sheeple will follow authority.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

100% agree. They gave no reasons to debunk it. They just said it didn't happen. But that's more than enough for the masses because CNN said it so it must be true!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seberhar Are they just trying to further bad mouth the conspiracy theorists?

Have you been watching CNN today? That's all they have been doing for the last few hours.
It got so sickening that I had to change the channel.
edit on 4/21/2011 by darklife because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's really irresponsible for CNN to say all those theories are conclusively incorrect, when there are a lot of questions yet to be answered. If you're going to debunk something, your debunking should be peer-reviewed, not just immediately perceived as legitimate by saying "oh, it's 'debunked,' I guess all the loons were wrong."

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Where was this debunked?
I wanna see that.
The book they put out was a pretty good read.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklife

Originally posted by seberhar Are they just trying to further bad mouth the conspiracy theorists?

Have you been watching CNN today? That's all they have been doing for the last few hours.
It got so sickening that I had to change the channel.
edit on 4/21/2011 by darklife because: (no reason given)

Why were you watching CNN . LOL . Anyways it seems that with Jesse being around and with Conspiracy talk in general being on the rise it was only a matter of time before they kick started the old "We're all nutters" machine.

I remember watching a history channel 9/11 show and they had a rep from PM on there. It was hilarious. They would go Conspiracy and have someone talk about whatever they thought and the "conspiracy" view on it. Then the PM guy wold come on and basically talk about ten things surrounding the matter at hand and never answer the question and the few times he did he would just contradict himself . It was like watching a presidential debate. Funny yet absurdly horrifying

That is all

Trowa
edit on 21/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yep they trot this out periodically make these claims and massage everyones normalcy bias so they can all continue to the status quo. The amazing thing is people even here at ATS still deny the overwhelming evidence that 9/11 was a controlled demolition and complete cover-up and the OS is the height of complete fabrication. Its not even arguable yet people will argue it to death in the face of irrefutable facts, reason, and logic because it disrupts thier status quo.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Funny too how half of those 11 conspiracies are basically. The government did this or this happened to a member of the government, however other people in government say thats not the case so. conspiracy de -bunked
. Are you freaking kidding me. I mean are you serious. How do people fall for this stuff?

The other half ..... Seriously A Football superstition is a Conspiracy theory? Sarah Palin? Man kudos to CNN though the sheeple are going to eat this up. Just the right mix of Real and inconsequential crap to pacify them for another ___________ (insert amount of time here)

Trowa
edit on 21/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
And it doesn't have to come down from on high either. I think that we are embedded with our perceptions of reality. THis is our comfort zone. For the most part this is the extent of consciousness for what some belittlingly call sheeple.

To my mind, these folks have not been poked by reality enough for them to peek into the chaos of the real world so they blithely pass conspiracy off as fanciful and fanatical, which is not of course to say that a large part of conspiracy is NOT fanciful and fanatical. And fantastical.

And Pop Mech? I remember watching that spokesman on a TV debate about the towers. To me he seemed like a young kid, taking what he had learned from his school book the night before, shuffling around the words some and presenting it back to the teacher (Pop Mech) with the full backing of Pop Mech's macho/science image and established cred, so he could get a good grade. Pop Mech got some free publicity out of the whole deal as well.
Not to mention, the set back to the whole 9-11 truth movement at the time.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I think your absolutely right because I got the same response from my aunt when trying to discuss 9/11 with them... "Popular Mechanics already proved that it could not have been an inside job and if you think it was then you should go live in another country."

So who is popular mechanics and why do they get the final say....

Hearst Corporation is a privately-held American-based media conglomerate based in the Hearst Tower in New York City, USA. Founded by William Randolph Hearst as an owner of newspapers, the company's holdings now include a wide variety of media. The Hearst family is involved in the ownership and management of the company.

Hearst is one of the largest diversified communications companies in the world. Its major interests include 15 daily and 38 weekly newspapers, including the Houston Chronicle and Albany Times Union; nearly 200 magazines around the world, including Cosmopolitan and O, The Oprah Magazine; 29 television stations through Hearst Television Inc. which reach a combined 18% of U.S. viewers; ownership in leading cable networks, including A&E Television Networks, and ESPN; as well as business publishing, Internet businesses, television production, newspaper features distribution and real estate.

Under William Randolph Hearst's will, a common board of 13 trustees (its composition fixed at five family members and eight outsiders) administers the Hearst Foundation, the William Randolph Hearst Foundation, and the trust that owns (and selects the 18-member board of) the Hearst Corporation. The foundations shared ownership until tax law changed to prevent this. As of 2009, the trustees are:

Frank A. Bennack Jr., vice chairman and chief executive of the corporation
Anissa Bouadjakdji Balson, granddaughter of David Whitmire Hearst Sr.
John G. Conomikes, vice president of corporation, oversees broadcast interests
Ronald J. Doerfler, chief financial officer, senior vice president and a board member of Hearst Corporation
George Randolph Hearst Jr., chairman of Hearst Corporation and president of the Hearst Foundation
John Randolph Hearst Jr., an officer and director of the corporation
Virginia Hearst Randt, daughter of late former chairman Randolph Apperson Hearst
William Randolph Hearst III, president of the William Randolph Hearst Foundation
Harvey L. Lipton, lawyer and former vice president and secretary of the Corporation
Gilbert C. Maurer, former head of Hearst Magazines, then executive vice president and chief operating officer under Bennack, now a consultant
Mark F. Miller, former executive vice president of Hearst Magazines
David J. Barrett, president and chief executive officer of Hearst Television, Inc.
James M. Asher, chief legal and development officer of Hearst
The trust dissolves when all family members alive at the time of Hearst's death in August 1951 have died. Actuarial tables have put the mean value for the date at 2042 or 2043.[1]

What a bunch of BS
Don't believe the lies of Popular Mechanics, it's a bunch of paid off manipulated trash and a disgrace to all that died from 9/11
edit on 21-4-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
who cares what CNN say? Only zombies follow their news

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If the MSM had some integrity I would be worried, now I just see that article reinforcing a few theories I did not know about before in the upside down world. If you want to solve all the government conspiracies then you have to get to the heart of deception. Trying to cut the heads of these snakes is useless as only more grow back.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Wow I never knew that. Thank you very much for the info!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Looks like CNN is just reiterating (again) what the US State Department has already said is false.

Conspiracy theories exist in the realm of myth, where imaginations run wild, fears trump facts, and evidence is ignored. As a superpower, the United States is often cast as a villain in these dramas.

These are not the conspiracy theories you are looking for.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I read that veal this morning. Thought it was hilarious. The sad thing is that the general public will read over it, agree, and call it a day.

That power needs to be taken away from the media!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Wow shocking, news media repeating what it is told by the gov and then sheeple blindly believing it because of the source. Why can't people think for themselves. We're holding our selves back from being able to accomplish amazing things, as everyones mind is capable to doing something amazing.
edit on 21-4-2011 by seberhar because: spelling

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Nazi Reich Minister of Propaganda, Joseph Goebbels said, "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

The mainstream media and governments all over the world have been following Goebbels advice to the letter. Only recently they have to keep repeating it because so many people are starting to question what is behind the crumbling facade of their fabricated reality.

In other words, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join