It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Already forgot about BP? They haven't.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I've been following this disaster since day one, and it seems people really don't care anymore. I didn't see this posted anywere so I wanted to share it with everyone who still wants to know what's going on in the Gulf of Mexico.

Skip to the 8min 45sec mark to get past other current events and on to the meat of the episode.

This is a one-hour broadcast from democracynow that was aired yesterday on the anniversary of the BP oil rig explosion. They discuss the events that transpired and the ensuing aftermath. They talk to victims of BP that aren't getting paid and have interviews with lawyers trying to help the victims. It's a long watch, but it's one of the best summaries I've seen of this terrible, ongoing crisis.

I've been here for some time, but have made very few posts. I'm no expert on posting (though I see people chastised on their shortcomings everyday), so if you have any suggestions on how to make this one better please feel free to share.

PS- not sure if I pasted the link properly, and I have no idea how to embed, so any help is welcome.

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm kind of surprised the little response and participation in this part of the forum. This is still and ongoing problem but the MSM isn't reporting as much on this anymore.

Comes to show you how the saying 'out of sight, out of mind' rings true.

I feel for those people suffering so needlessly I wish more can be done about this.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Most people didn't give a rat's behind even when it was still gushing into the ocean. Now that it's been "capped" and "cleaned up," people really think it's over and done with.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ImYourHuckleberry

I don't have time to watch it at the moment, but I will be watching it later tonight. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. The BP disaster should still be very much front-and-center on people's radar, yet it seems to have dropped off the map.

Kudos for putting it back on the radar.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I use to live in that area and have been following since day 1. It is a very poor part of the country that I would be surprised if it would get a big name anything to stand up.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ImYourHuckleberry

No, the oil is still leaking out through the seabed, wider and nearer to shore. The late Matts Simmons was right and they had to kill him. If you want to learn more see
Media Fotilla - Radio Interview Kathryn O'Shannahan with Trisha Springstead

www.blogtalkradio.com...

Could such a Gigantic Oil Slick have spewed from only well A?
bklim.newsvine.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I can't stand how the media determines what is important. I wonder how many stories are being covered up since Osama "got caught"

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have seen something about this in eh... Jesse ventura's conspiracy theory.
I feel really sorry for the people living there.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here you may watch a Greek documentary about this disaster. www.megatv.com...

Its very recent (06.07.2011) and at its majority in English, considering the interviews. This is part B which includes shocking testimonies from residents suffering by health issues.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Every big event that has happened recently died out like a week after, Osama, The birth certificate of Obama, Fukushima, Everything, within the week of those events Every Single Headline on this forum was about them, BP I haven't forgot about but I haven't been following the event lately, haven't bothered to check on the status of the cleanup, infact i will right now

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Thank you for refreshing our memories. Mine was refreshed a few weeks ago from watching a video on YT of one of the victims who is now dying (or, well, maybe dead by now?)

The disaster has been in the back of my mind, however for many of us life goes on, and there's also plenty other disasters to worry about. People can only focus on so much death and corruption without losing it completely. There's SO MUCH CRAP going on right now, I seriously think it's part of TPTB's plan --- just overwhelm people with the sheer amount. Most people are too busy watching American Idol, and the rest of us -- how can we be out simultaneously protesting the BP oil spill, Fukushima disaster, maybe Calhoun/Cooper disaster, TSA, police abuse, big brother taking our house keys, NWO and everything else? Not to mention support anyone who MIGHT be able to change things (Ron Paul) ? It's not possible and they know it.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Observer99 because: edit

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I also used to live in that area and have been following since the begining. Poor country!

new topics

top topics

join