It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Hell really isn't bad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Some believe that God permits the pit to be opened to begin the great tribulation for the people of earth.
How can one be rewarded without being tested?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konstantinos
reply to post by dude69

Some believe that God permits the pit to be opened to begin the great tribulation for the people of earth.
How can one be rewarded without being tested?

Rev.9: 1: And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
2: And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3: And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4: And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of the God of Israel in their foreheads.
5: And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
6: And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

Doesn't sound like a test, sounds more like a slaughter.
edit on 21-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

How is it a slaughter when it specifically states that they will not have the power to kill?

The last line is interpreted by many scholars as a metaphor for wars on the earth.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Konstantinos because: last line interpretation

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OP I would have to say that the girl your talking to about satanism doesn't know what the hell (no pun intended) she is talking about. Being a satanist has absolutely nothing to do with worshiping satan, or being satans bride. It has to do with worshiping yourself, not an outside entity. It's called satanism because it's the best way to describe the beliefs of the religion. It's basically the opposite of christianity.

Hell could be bad, or it could just not even exist. The only way to find out, is to give it time. The longer you wait, the closer you'll be to your answer of "is hell as bad as it's made out to be?"

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hell isn't that bad. Cold winters, expensive fuel and food, except from that really nice.

(I go to Hell about four times a week these days)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What's this about a Christian God? The Quaran states that Muslims, Jews and Christians worship the same God. It's just that the Quaran reckons that the rest monkeyed about with the scriptures, the Jews reckon that Jesus is but a prophet, and Jewish leaders insist Elijah must return once again before the Messiah. Protestants believe that the Pope messes about too much. So they all believe in the one God. The Illuminati/Satanists all believe in another God...and all the above believe they are on the right track. Quite frankly I'm pissed off with the lot of 'em. Leave it alone, have your own belief, or way of doing things, common sense tells you what is really right or wrong if you are a human being.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konstantinos
reply to post by dude69

How is it a slaughter when it specifically states that they will not have the power to kill?

The last line is interpreted by many scholars as a metaphor for wars on the earth.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Konstantinos because: last line interpretation

The question is...what kind of war...I think God and Satan are one and the same thing. Some primitive political hustlers just made up both to control the masses...or probably even instructed to do so...one word: ALIENS
yep I said it. The christians call em locusts, demons and angels, the moslems Jinns, Gog and Magog, al-malaikha and Debba blabla and the Zionist Hollywood calls em the " machines " ...take your pic as they all do the same thing. Destroy mankind.
edit on 21-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If hell is a happy place, it would actually be heaven. That is where all the christians want to go to. So I hope that hell is a place of torment. So that I can suffer there like Jesus to pay for the sins of the christians enjoying their eternal drug trip in heaven. Sins like always belittling and ostrasizing certain groups of people (atheists, liberals, free thinkers, etc etc etc.) and for being a bunch of fearmongering hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

What's this about a Christian God? The Quaran states that Muslims, Jews and Christians worship the same God. It's just that the Quaran reckons that the rest monkeyed about with the scriptures, the Jews reckon that Jesus is but a prophet, and Jewish leaders insist Elijah must return once again before the Messiah. Protestants believe that the Pope messes about too much. So they all believe in the one God. The Illuminati/Satanists all believe in another God...and all the above believe they are on the right track. Quite frankly I'm pissed off with the lot of 'em. Leave it alone, have your own belief, or way of doing things, common sense tells you what is really right or wrong if you are a human being.

Well said, smurfy. He is not the god of a specific group, but I think the point here is the interpretations and understand of the groups as to his specifics and this is where 'christian god' is coming in.

As far as the quran claiming any alteration to the scriptures, actually no...the quran speaks highly of the bible as well as the people of the book (jews/christians) but the proper moslem understanding of the debate is that the scriptures have been mis-interpreted by them. Any claim to actual corruption of the scriptures themselves came much later, but during the early eras of Islam, one of the great caliphs (or someone of another title, been a long time since have checked into this) would actually call for a copy of the bible as used by those faiths at the time and accept it without issue - other than, likely, Islam's claim that Christ didn't actually die on the cross but that this was a...well, deception, for lack of a better term...by Allah.

As far as Jesus and the jews - I don't think most of them today even consider him a prophet. Josephus seems to claim he was righteous, but those lines are contentious, of course. The talmud takes a less-friendly approach and basically calls him a misleading magician.

Protestants don't have too much room to speak against the pope as they've adopted more than enough of Rome's ugly laundry (my interpretation of Rev. 17 applies here and is why I'm more closely aligned to the adventists or the messianic jews).

The last bit sums it up well. Live and let live, go forth in peace and love to all, and I think (my personal interpretation) that you fall under god judging according to your deeds as mentioned in Revelation 20 at the second resurrection - I don't personally believe that all non-believers are necessarily consigned to the second death based on this verse as there are lots of people who have never heard the message - or had it appropriately relayed to them - and these people are judged according to how they fulfill the law of god as is written on their hearts (cue conscience!).

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Hi Praetorius,
The use of "monkeying" and "messing about" in my post was meant to be all encompassing really, I was more concerned with the basic ideology of a common God, and from which there can be no deviation if all and sundry accept that. The trouble then, really starts when we, as human beings try to interpret God according to what we know in our intellectual capacity. Again common sense will tell you that the bible for instance, may have fantasy, or lie as written by man. If it has a misnomer, then that may yet to be proven, I don't know about that.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by atsmem1980

Good and Evil - Subjective
Right and Wrong - Subjective.

In society, law is subjective from state to state, country to country. Drinking age. It may be considered "wrong" to drink under the age of 21 in America whilst in Britain it could be considered "wrong" to drink under the age of 18.

i guess that means humans are the ones who r confused about what is right and wrong..God isn't and in his universe laws of any nation ain't good enough an excuse

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

u r right ... if he wanted he could have done away with the demons and mankind wouldn't have fallen in eden..but as part of the war in which mankind is the focus( because demons became jealous of undue importance by God to man of his own will)..the demons are given their chance in proving God wrong and by the way the people that will get killed r the unsaved..and again it's the demons who r itching to kill mankind

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

if only it were true that anybody can have their own concept of what is right and wrong..unfortunately nobody is going to get special treatment..demons will want to destroy u or u can sacrifice your life for God and get eternal life..tough world to be part of..tougher war going on

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join