It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**6.3-Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Tokyo -Breaking News

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cabinda

Hate to point out to you but with a 6.1 and not actually in Tokyo, and 50 km deep I guess they are probably going yawn in Tokyo. It is only excitable Yanks getting their knickers twisted.

Why not try looking at the shake map before lashing out at someone making a reasonable comment that could have perhaps been phrased better.It does mnot even raise a IV in Tokyo - potential damage - none.

The other page you need to look at is the PAGER Alert. It is green.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

and Japan is crumbling into the ocean

Eh? Where did you get this nonsense from?

It is about time people on ATS started dealing in facts and not fiction. This is an earthquake thread not some UFO nonsense.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

While this is not the magnitude and disaster that TA predicted, it will continue to accelerate any liquefaction process that is occurring because of the quakes on all their reclaimed land. Is not Chiba reclaimed land from the sea?...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

It is about time people on ATS started dealing in facts and not fiction. This is an earthquake thread not some UFO nonsense.

It was a metaphor pal. You need to chill out.

Please make sure not to fall off that high horse you rode in on

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Heya... its ok... puterman seems to have his sensitive underpants on... he tried to bollock me earlier for me passing my opinion on a buffoon commenting on it only being a magnitude 6 earthquake........how dare I chastise someone for making light of the magnitude... after all people in Tokyo are not concerned that every medium sized earthquake could trigger a massive quake... its all a normal day at the office for them....they are not bothered...

Mind you ...nobody of his standing could possibly admit we imbiciles seem to be spot on with our conclusions .... after all... we have totally made a mountain out of a molehill over the radioactivity released... , the increased tectonic activity being totally above the normal activity parameters, there has not been any nuclear emergency over there has there, no increased risk to the area due to the frequency of the quakes destabilising the infrastructure over there .....no threat to life... everything is just peachy....

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If a 6.3 hit their house right now they would be changing underwear.....I feel sure....

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Let's not forget about the dead fish in California.... again... just before quake activity in Japan....

So my question is what are the odds of it happening TWICE?

~Namaste
edit on 21-4-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Has anyone considered that this could be a foreshock just like what happened with with the little 6.7 and 7 mags Japan had just days before the 9?

True American demonstrated that the tension within the adjoining plates was increasing based on quakes where they meet, which is right near Tokyo. He went out on a limb by suggesting that there would be another big quake, but backed it up with a lot of information. The Tokyo quake is likely a sign of what may be coming.
edit on 21-4-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
Yo, TrueAmerican is a GOD. He predicted this.

He didnt predict it the Illuminati cards he had predicted it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
Yo, TrueAmerican is a GOD. He predicted this.

Do you have any idea how many quakes over magnitude 6 they've had recently. I'd hardly call predicting this a Godly act but hey if you want to believe that go ahead.

By the way his prediction was for something much larger.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Nail on the head.

Exactly. The armchair wonders continue to amaze me.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This quake was centered off the coast of Chiba prefecture - not Tokyo. The Shindo level for most of Tokyo was a level 2 which is quite low and not everyone would have noticed it. If you are walking along the street or driving you would not notice shaking either. I have slept through a lot of level 2 quakes so I do not think there is any need to panic.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Didn't TRUE say that we would see the quakes come closer and closer to Tokyo? To many prophets running around. I can't even keep track of the lil buggers.

edit on 22-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
wow...the government really wants payback for pearl harbor :/

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It is getting closer and closer.

Time for the non-sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cabinda

Heya... its ok... puterman seems to have his sensitive underpants on...

Yes he did, and my apologies. Old age creeping up on me. (63 yesterday so maybe I am entitled to be a grumpy old man?
)

he tried to bollock me earlier for me passing my opinion on a buffoon commenting on it only being a magnitude 6 earthquake........how dare I chastise someone for making light of the magnitude... after all people in Tokyo are not concerned that every medium sized earthquake could trigger a massive quake... its all a normal day at the office for them....they are not bothered...

I did comment that the poster could have phrased it better but at the end of the day it was not a significant quake in terms of shaking.

Mind you ...nobody of his standing could possibly admit we imbiciles seem to be spot on with our conclusions .... after all... we have totally made a mountain out of a molehill over the radioactivity released... ,

Since this is the first mention in relation to this particular earthquake of any radioactivity being released then no, I can't see how that was spot on since you did not mention it.

the increased tectonic activity being totally above the normal activity parameters,

It is not. It is within the expected range of aftershocks.

there has not been any nuclear emergency over there has there, no increased risk to the area due to the frequency of the quakes destabilising the infrastructure over there .....no threat to life... everything is just peachy....

This is basically just not germane to your argument of the nature of the earthquake under discussion since it was not a shaker above IV in Tokyo. As I indicated earlier take a look at the PAGER page I referenced.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by memphis11

My point exactly.

Nothing out of the ordinary for the area.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Nail on the head.

Exactly. The armchair wonders continue to amaze me.

So what exactly is it that you contribute to any discussion about the earthquake other than smart-arse comments?

The poster who said that about the 6.3 hitting 'their' house has first got the magnitude wrong and seconds has little or no comprehension of the difference between an epicentre and a hypocentre. I suggest that you go and look this up and then look at the depth of the earthquake. You might learn something and then be able to contribute to discussions in a meaningful way.

edit on 22/4/2011 by PuterMan because: 'Cos I am a grumpy old git and make spelling errors, OK?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

off topic

Happy birthday for yesterday.....

age is a mere number.. you are only as old as you feel.......

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by PuterMan

It was a metaphor pal. You need to chill out.

Please make sure not to fall off that high horse you rode in on

Metaphor is the concept of understanding one thing in terms of another. A metaphor is a figure of speech that constructs an analogy between two things or ideas

Source: Wikipedia

Tell me, in what way is Japan metaphorically crumbling into the ocean?

By the way the motto of this site is 'Deny Ignorance' not 'Spread Ignorance'. High horse not required.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cabinda

off topic

Happy birthday for yesterday.....

age is a mere number.. you are only as old as you feel......

Off topic reply....

Thanks for that. I think I really turned a grumpy corner yesterday but if I may say I prefer the variant of the phrase

You are only as old as the woman you feel (and for the PC you may substitute man to fit all possibilities)

Just to maintain the topic for a second.

Of course I understand the concern for Japan, and I am well aware of the potential dangers of earthquakes of these magnitudes. They do after all shake the whole world even if only 'slowly'.

I am also concerned for the mental well being of some people on ATS and of course else where, who get freaked out by the doom and gloom terminology. Maybe I maintain too level a head and will still be standing to attention on the deck when the ship goes down, I don't know, but I am certainly not one for scaremongering and recently there seems to have been so much on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join