Cops knockin'? Wrong Address? Shoot your dog and let him suffer unattended for 3 hours?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

This is my favorite part of the story you linked:

Police Chief Jim Clark backed his officers on Monday. He pointed to the fact that, despite threats, no one was arrested in the incident.

He couldnt defend the action that made the neighborhood mad but he can praise his "officer" for showing enough restraint he didnt haul the entire neighborhood off to jail.

It's like the chief knows this guy is a raging moron and is really proud that he didnt use his super tard-strength to arrest or even shoot everyone in sight.

Really, good job officer. Good job.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

That's because they're sending time with the Angry Birds on their iPhone...not realizing of course that the iPhone is not only tracking their wants and needs, but their location, too.

It's hard to see the forest when the trees are shiny, sparkly and so damned entertaining!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Welcome to the United Nazi states of America

Just don't breathe the wrong way infront of them and you should be ok, also shine their shoes too if they start to walk towards you.

Man what would I do without the protection of the great mighty police force?

I would protest, and they know everyone else would too.

But im not getting arrested or even put myself on their radar.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i dare a cop to make that "mistake" at my house.(cops love the feeling that they can do anything and get away with it) hell no you're not getting away with that. if you're looking for a thrill, look no further.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
this exact same thing happened down the street from me last summer. im not sure exactly what happened to the cop after but i know he got in some trouble.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As should be obvious from my avatar, I too am a "Dog Lover"and Animal Lover without exception, as the best beings I have known are animals. However, I would be careful about making comments about what I would or would not do were Law Enforcement to kill or injury one of my "Best Friends". This is a hint to those who have been so candid in expressing how they would react to such, as you may be sure what we write here is retained by elements of the same cabal of which this "Thug and Coward" belongs.

These points having been made, I find it interesting that daily examples of just how out of control so-called Law Enforcement has become in our country and nowhere more apparent than here in the United States of America. Worse, the (not our) judges, courts and overall judicial system has proven time and again to a growing extent that they will allow abuses and murder to go unpunished when it is done at the hands of their "Armed Forces".

It of course disturbs me to hear about a dog being harmed or murdered by a policeman but why is there not as much outrage when everyday law-enforcement is allowed to gang up on and abuse people? Why is there not more outrage when we see and here about hooded thugs with automatic weapons attack people? Why is there not more of a reaction when we here about the dungeons (jails) they operate and where they abuse their captives? Why are communities not banding together to take on these Thugs in protest, the courts and media?

I assure you, what this cop did to this dog is being done everyday to people and it is long past time to stop their methods.

My reserved thoughts.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You sir are rediculous.

Everyday, there are hundreds of police officers that respond to the wrong addresse to serve an arrest warrant on someone who does not live there. And everyday, after investigating and coming to that determination, the police officer leaves without incident.

Everyday, there are hundreds of police officers that come into contact with dogs that could be or are viscious. And everyday, after either realizing they are not viscious or dealing with them in another way, the police officer and animal part ways without injury.

Maybe, instead of blowing the war trumpet, a better suggestion would be to lobby to have the policy changed in your local police department so that officers are not allowed to use firearms on domestic animals unless absolutely necessary.

Can a dog seriously injure or mame someone? Absolutely. Can a dog kill a grown human being? Yes, but it is highly unlikely.

I am sure that using pepper spray against any domesticated animal is much easier and safer than trying to shoot a moving animal. So a change in policy seems to be warranted. A labeling of all police officers as corrupt criminals and tearing down the entire system is not warranted.

The reason, although a little insensitive, the officer deemed the area a crime scene is because after an officer discharges his or her firearm, whether to shoot a person, an animal, or accidentally, the scene is now evidenciary. A lengthy investigation ensues to recover evidence and find out exactly what happened so the officer can be judged on whether or not it was a legal and within policy discharge.

Could the officer have attempted to help the dog or allow the owner to. I believe he should have, not because I am an animal lover as well but because it is the right thing to do. Will the department be held liable. You bet they will settle with the family and they will be paid hansomely. Does this heal all wounds caused by the department. Nope, but there is little more the department can do.

Now we come to you OP. You take every mistake made by a police officer that makes the news and you run it up your flag pole. Then you play up everyone's emotions and fears to create an atmosphere where you are the "liberating hero that brings peoples attention to the corrupt system we live in."

I am not buying it and I am sure there are others that read this post that do not either.

What job do you do sir?

Is it one where it is your duty to put yourself in situations where your safety is in jeopardy? Probably not.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Did they attleast give the cop a beating?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010

You sir are rediculous.

Everyday, there are hundreds of police officers that respond to the wrong addresse to serve an arrest warrant on someone who does not live there. And everyday, after investigating and coming to that determination, the police officer leaves without incident.

Everyday, there are hundreds of police officers that come into contact with dogs that could be or are viscious. And everyday, after either realizing they are not viscious or dealing with them in another way, the police officer and animal part ways without injury.

Maybe, instead of blowing the war trumpet, a better suggestion would be to lobby to have the policy changed in your local police department so that officers are not allowed to use firearms on domestic animals unless absolutely necessary.

Can a dog seriously injure or mame someone? Absolutely. Can a dog kill a grown human being? Yes, but it is highly unlikely.

I am sure that using pepper spray against any domesticated animal is much easier and safer than trying to shoot a moving animal. So a change in policy seems to be warranted. A labeling of all police officers as corrupt criminals and tearing down the entire system is not warranted.

The reason, although a little insensitive, the officer deemed the area a crime scene is because after an officer discharges his or her firearm, whether to shoot a person, an animal, or accidentally, the scene is now evidenciary. A lengthy investigation ensues to recover evidence and find out exactly what happened so the officer can be judged on whether or not it was a legal and within policy discharge.

Could the officer have attempted to help the dog or allow the owner to. I believe he should have, not because I am an animal lover as well but because it is the right thing to do. Will the department be held liable. You bet they will settle with the family and they will be paid hansomely. Does this heal all wounds caused by the department. Nope, but there is little more the department can do.

Now we come to you OP. You take every mistake made by a police officer that makes the news and you run it up your flag pole. Then you play up everyone's emotions and fears to create an atmosphere where you are the "liberating hero that brings peoples attention to the corrupt system we live in."

I am not buying it and I am sure there are others that read this post that do not either.

What job do you do sir?

Is it one where it is your duty to put yourself in situations where your safety is in jeopardy? Probably not.

So you put me off immediately with the personal attack, however you do make a largely reasoned response as I read along. Right until the end when you went personal on the OP and then made the veiled "unless you do this you are ignorant" And rather unjustly single him out for the sensational posts which ARE news.I am on disability because I put myself in harms way repeatedly for others and wear the scars of it.So yeah I can really understand things like crawling into tons of rubble to get to someone, talking down a meth head with a gun,and handling supposedly "violent" animals.I bear no marks from an animal besides man As I said No Quarter for this crap. If they had intel they should before acting they could have avoided all of this. Sickens me every thread this happens some LE or wannabe LE steps up and tries to defend this crap. What the hell? Some of you pick on the weakest points to stand on or come in quiet and nice and a backhand smile and condescension.That there are those who defend the indefensible indicate a large problem should their demographics IRL match those online.
seed

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is the most normal occurrence in Nazi states.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustard seed

Sickens me every thread this happens some LE or wannabe LE steps up and tries to defend this crap. What the hell? Some of you pick on the weakest points to stand on or come in quiet and nice and a backhand smile and condescension.That there are those who defend the indefensible indicate a large problem should their demographics IRL match those online.
seed

Thanks for that.

As if the action wasnt bad enough the rest who didnt commit the act who are allegedly supposed to be the "good ones" dont exactly do themselves much justice by taking the holier-than-thou-we're-special mocking defense of action approach they do.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010

Everyday, there are hundreds of police officers that respond to the wrong addresse to serve an arrest warrant on someone who does not live there.

That in itself is a massive problem. Doesnt really make what happened any better. In fact it makes it much, much worse in that it could happen to just about anyone, anywhere at anytime.

Hundreds of inaccurate and wrong warrants are served everyday? And that's not indicative of a completely broken system?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
AS USUAL, we sit and stew all over the country about such things. It makes me sick to still even hear of our distaste for the policy officers that plague our great land. This is a tough issue to crack really, which wouldn't be resolved in any way by simply attacking the cop. Most likely you would be shot, and even if the attempt to do so was compelled by emotional outburst, you would never see the light of day again.

In this day, where do we stand? We outnumber the general police force in ridiculous ratios. The public image and false words such as :government, law, power, and authority, need to be focused on here folks. We need to figure out a new way to build great things. What I am referring to is a great sense of knowledge and trust in one another. We need to look to each other and give up on our insane fear tactic plagued minds. We need to remember what it is like to be truly united, not as a "country," which is also a one word falsity, but as a band of people living on a land united. The close-minded image of being separated even from our next-door neighbors, and those who even live in our homes, needs to stop. We will never accomplish anything separate. NEVER, that should be the first intelligent aspect focused on. As they say, and don't expect a word for word quote, "Before new things can be built, we must tear down the old to make room."

How do we get rid of these old systems of things? We are the control, we are all the same, whether we are uniformed, in a robe, trapped behind the bars of an institution, or freely walking on the streets of this land. We are the support. PERIOD. It seems so far fetched anymore to think that we can change these things without any "power." But remove the common ideas of "power," and what do you have? I think you know the answer.

It seems that even though we are all completely aware of the transgressions certain individuals impact us with, and they are certainly publicly aware of them, in our current day, that nobody cares. That is definitely a dangerous mark in the book. It is not enough anymore to tell your random neighbor to simply remove support from our "governing bodies and institutions." That is the ticket though, I assure you. But it must be orchestrated on a much grander scale. How do we go about that?

KNOWLEDGE KNOWLEDGE KNOWLEDGE: spread it! We can figure this out my brothers and sisters. We are a the leaders of a new generation.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Another totally unnecessary shooting. The dog did not deserve to go this way, even if the cop did warn the dog's owner. The suffering of the animals is the most inexcusable part.
Hopeful he will be punished if not fired for this because next time it could be a person or even a child.

I believe, partly, this is happening because police are hired by separate agencies and not governed/ hired by states/county or even the city, if not mistaken this happens more so now than before.
edit on 22-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: added more.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That is sad and cruel, to let someone's pet suffer that way is beyond words

reply to post by butcherguy

"To serve and protect."

I don't think they even SAY that anymore around here...now the phrase heard by the cops and their officers is "make sure they got home safely"...no mention of those they are sworn to serve and protect.
edit on Fri Apr 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by listeningintently2728

How do we get rid of these old systems of things? We are the control, we are all the same, whether we are uniformed, in a robe, trapped behind the bars of an institution, or freely walking on the streets of this land. We are the support. PERIOD. It seems so far fetched anymore to think that we can change these things without any "power." But remove the common ideas of "power," and what do you have? I think you know the answer.

It seems that even though we are all completely aware of the transgressions certain individuals impact us with, and they are certainly publicly aware of them, in our current day, that nobody cares. That is definitely a dangerous mark in the book. It is not enough anymore to tell your random neighbor to simply remove support from our "governing bodies and institutions." That is the ticket though, I assure you. But it must be orchestrated on a much grander scale. How do we go about that?

KNOWLEDGE KNOWLEDGE KNOWLEDGE: spread it! We can figure this out my brothers and sisters. We are a the leaders of a new generation.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I like how we've been charged with keeping them safe in recent years. While they beat and kill us.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
delete double post, apologies
Second line, really really sorry
edit on 22-4-2011 by mustard seed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

no, not we the citizens keeping them safe, their primary objective is to get home safe.

It's almost like keeping the peace is no longer even considered an objective, and you no longer see "serve and protect" on the cars....least not around here.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Leaving the sheriff's department untouched, local law enforcement needs to be rethought. Communities such as cities should have a relationship or commonality with constables. Most police have no respect for the common citizen unless they know before hand this is a knowledgable person on civil rights. Something I fear is going to change real soon.
Small town's still have it together. They know each other and they keep their own in line, with public support. The town hall meetings are a good example. Town hall's are good place to get things started.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join