It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops knockin'? Wrong Address? Shoot your dog and let him suffer unattended for 3 hours?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The real problem is the peoples mind set. Society as a whole. Most people think the human race has gotten more intelligent. Oh I don't think so. Turn the power off for good and we'll see how smart people really are.

I could only imagine what I would do If anyone shot my dog. I'm not gonna say what I would do because frankly you guy's are right. It doesn't seem like it's a free county any more. But what's even more obvious is the lack of people stepping up and challenging that fact. We put up with anything thrown at us like we are Cattle.

Society just doesn't care about other people anymore It's so obvious it's disgusting. We have to have police and judges and some sort of system. But those people are made up of the same group of people as every other occupation.

It's America's mind set we fell in love with technology we work ourselves to death most conversations don't even take place over the phone let alone in person. Other people, strangers raise most Americans kids while both parents are at work. Our children are raised and are lucky if they even know both their parents let alone have a relationship with them both.

The quaility of human beings has declined immensely. I'm 38 and I remember as a kid we would go to the same stores Small business where the owner waited on you. The people that worked their knew me and my mom and dad. Well big corporations put them out of business. In my neighborhood growing up everyone knew everyone. If a neighbor had a problem with a stranger he didn't need to call the police. The old man would call my dad or another neighbor. I guess I was lucky to live in a neighborhood like that because they were dying off by then. Not everything's the Governments fault. I read yesterday that the majority of the governments tax revenue is from government hand out checks. Half Americans don't even want to work. And religion? That's certainly not something that is growing. At least it taught people the proper way to treat other people.

How do you change how people are? People don't seem to care about other people anymore.The police are made up of the same kind of group of people. Sure back in the day there were bad guys. But there used to be a lot of good guys that out numbered the bad guys AND cared enough to kick them in their teeth when they stepped out of line. Most other countries are even worse. Gotta have the fastest phone that does everything for you call,video, photo, email. lol WTF do we want that for. It chains you to work. Just my thinking. I wave at two of my neighbors. I don't even know their names. It's really sad...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I couldn't agree with you anymore. There s no way I wouldn't have tended to my dog. They would have had to shoot me. But then again my dog is a 150lb dog and a 9mm round i doubt would even slow my dog down I have one of those turner and hooch dogs 28 inch neck. but he's real friendly and all but He's not an Idiot. He would have ate that officer.

Getting side tracked everyone from the sheriffs department should be Immediately fired. They have GPS how can you mess that up? and then you shoot the ladies dog.. oh it makes me mad even thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I wonder where coppers learn to call men and women "individuals"?

Oh by all means shoot the dog. My dog would have done the same thing if she became alerted to a threat by the copper's behavior. So would a trained police dog. Good thing there were no real men around the house. That's all I can say. Except for the following.

If I lived in this sort of fear I'd booby trap the place so that sprinklers would come on and flashing lights and very loud Lawrence Welk music and that sort of thing. Of course numerous video cams and voice recorders too. Trip wires are especially fun. When the copper trips it then a loud Henry Fonda recites the Constitution of the USA. Oh glory.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I understand where you're coming from as far as evidence goes, but as you mentioned, you don't leave a human being who's been shot to suffer on the street for even 10-20 minutes, not to mention three hours to gather evidence. Same should apply to animal life. Take a few pictures for evidence and take the dog to the vet. The officer doesn't have any bite marks, he doesn't claim to have been bitten. Most dogs like to come up to people to sniff them and check them out. It's what dogs do. There's too much trigger-pulling going around. It's about time cops were outfitted with non-lethal weapons. Many of them have proven to overreact, costing innocent lives needlessly. He could have just as easily tasered the dog.

If I had a dog that size running around on my property, it would be behind a fence. I don't know what the situation is here. If the dog ran out into the street to sniff someone, then I still would disagree with deadly force. Place yourself in the dog's position. Would you want to get shot dead just for walking or running up to somebody? Seems like a very petty thing to die for. I'd personally rather get tasered than shot dead. I think my opinion would differ slightly if the dog had literally/physically attacked the officer.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I said this in about three other threads. I carry a glock17 with hollow tip bullets. Let them try to stop me.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think some of the facts that would help us to figure out what really happened here are things we don't know, and probably never will know. Such as, how old was the officer? How much experience did he have? What is his attitude about dogs in general and pit bulls in particular?

See, here's what I think. I think the big bad police officer panicked when he saw a pit-looking dog coming in his direction and just reacted. If that's the case, then the real villain of this story is the mass hysteria and negative PR surrounding pits and pit mixes. And possibly the officer's lack of training.. more on that later.

Hey, anybody but me remember this guy?
www.webanswers.com...

Yeah.. he was a pit bull!

It seems that many people have forgotten how America has loved this breed over time, and have forgotten that many choose this breed of dog today for a reliable and loving family dog. This was the breed that was affectionately known as “America's Nanny Dog.”

Has the breed changed that much in a few years? Nope. The perception of the breed has changed that much.

Last year I acquired a puppy which was meant to be an outside dog to protect our chickens and ducks from the coyotes, bobcats, possums, cougars (yes, we have them in NE Oklahoma and some of my neighbors have pictures to prove it), coydogs, etc. that roam the countryside. Before we lost him he weighed approx. 130 pounds and could have been ridden by a small child. We lost him because we couldn't break him of roaming the area up to a 5-mile radius and if he was penned he wasn't doing his job. During the 18 months or so he was here, he was never once injured by anyone whose yard he showed up in in spite of his size and strength. He was a Great Pyrenees mix.

One of my other dogs is a pit bull/mastiff mix, and he looks pit. He dug out under the fence once and meandered down to the neighbors' (the same neighbors who often petted and played with Khan the Pyr mix). The neighbor's son shot him with a shotgun because Ringo approached his mother. Ringo probably wanted to be petted - he's a big baby who still tries to be a lapdog when I let him and he's never once in his life offered to harm any human. But he LOOKS pit.. so they shot him! (He did survive; his injuries were to his legs).

So anyway, I've wandered a bit off topic here also, my apologies, but as I said I think the real villain here is the negative perception of pit bulls; I'm wondering if a young, inexperienced officer panicked, reacted before thinking, and then bullshat and bullied his way through the aftermath partly due to being ashamed and embarrassed.

In no way do I condone the behavior of the officer. In the video we see that the family lives more or less out in the country and does not appear to have a fenced (front) yard. Loads of us country folk have outside dogs that aren't confined because their JOB is to chase off predators, and out in the country that's acceptable. A county sheriff once told me that he could do nothing about free-roaming dogs out in the country, but that I myself could legally shoot them if they were on my property and causing problems.

In that setting, perhaps we can reconsider. A police officer or sheriff's deputy in a rural area should expect to encounter "loose" dogs and should know how to deal with them in other ways besides shooting them. Most of us rednecks got them "farm" dogs and most of 'em are supposed to bark at strangers and at least look like a potential threat.

Anyways, I think there oughta be a lawsuit that the family wins for the wrongful death of their pet, and that stupid deputy needs some training about how to deal with country people and country dogs. And the rest of y'all need to get over thinking pit bulls are monsters. They're just DOGS, and they're dogs that we loved and trusted with our kids not that many years ago.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
OK, I may get my post pulled of ban from this site but I have to say this any way. Enough is enough. It is time these cops pay for this type of thing. I mean pay with blood. These cops need shot right in the face. They need to see the bullet as the last thing they see. Maybe a pile of dead cops will make them think twice. I am really mad about this mess. This cop needs to pay.

There I have said it. People that read this and do not like it that is OK.

I think I might just stay off ATS for a while. Reading this kind of things just gets me too unpset.

I will be back in a few weeks, maybe.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
OH COMMON, if you a cop you should at least of common sense and decency.

I believe this story is wrongly reported, if not, then by god damn people are truly idiots.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The only things running through my mind in a case like this are:
I would have invoked a citizens arrest. The officer may have been allowed on my property, but without a warrant, that would have been the end of his time allowed on my property and any status that would have protected him would be forfeit.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have been reading/lurking the ATS site for several months now. This horrific story prompted me to join so I can comment. The cops shooting dogs stories seem to be seriously on the rise. I certainly can't even begin by naming them all. I will start with one horrible account in Oakland. A homeowners alarm goes off. The cops go to the home to check it out. They go around the back where there is an 11 yo arthritic lab who barks at them. No he didnt attack, just barked like most dogs will. They shot him and killed him dead.
As a rescuer of death row dogs and most notably the most abused and mislabeled dog in the world, the pit bull. I hear these stories all the time. I agree with the post who also blamed the msm for sensationalizing any pit bull story thus turning them into monsters and killers in the ignorant and uneducated publics eyes. Often when the dog isnt even a pit bull, doesnt matter to them and they never retract the story.The msm holds HUGE responsibility for the absolutely incorrect fear mongering about pit bulls simply to garner ratings. Disgusting to say the least. I am happy to see so many posters here who understand and know this.
These cowardly cops could use a taser, why all the gunfire? They love to use the excuse with the pit bull (which the media influenced public largely believes", that the ferocious pit was attacking them. Gives them free target practice with zero accountability. Contrary to popular belief pits are NOT and do NOT make good guard dogs. They are not a guardian breed such as the rott, american bulldog, mastiff and many others.They are a very people loving breed. Before the thug culture and dog fighters ruined their reputation with the abuse, fighting, drugging and beating, they were known as americas dog. The nanny dog, as they are so great with children. The most decorated war dog was indeed a pit bull. Sergeant Stubby.

Anyway, point being. NO DOG especially a pit, rott,dobe, gs is safe around these kill happy thugs. There was even a story about a chi that bit a cop 3 times on its on porch and property. The cop felt he needed to kill it with 3 shots. Protecting himself? Not likely. Angry and on a power trip? More likely.

This story and so many others absolutely disgusts me. If this was me with my loving and friendly pit bull who would definitely run up to this cop to simply say hello - there is NO WAY I am going to stand by and allow my dog to suffer like this. NONE. And as one poster stated. This cop should live in fear for the rest of his very short days.
Be very aware of your dogs around any cops. Always try to have your dogs leashed and safe in all situations or this can and may happen to you and your beloved dog. Even tho somtimes that is nearly impossible in your own home. Note the story with the crated pit puppy who a swat team blasted in his crate in front of children as they rushed into this home. All on tape, puppy screaming in pain in a CRATE shot dead numerous times .Children screaming as they watching. For what, an ounce of pot.

Peace to all. RIP little lab pit mix dog. You certainly deserved so much better.

edit on 22-4-2011 by Pitlover because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I don't know about everyone else but the last time a cop was knocking on my door for some obscured reason I just looked in my window, saw him, he saw me and I sat back down in front of the TV.

Here's the thing, if he has a warrant, he'll break down the door. Anything else, he can figure it out himself without my help.

Another thing, this woman is obviously not telling the entire story. This wouldn't just happen like that. Something is missing.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Warning: Explicit Lyrics.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
this very thing happened to my friend down at the end of the street about 2 weeks ago.

no crime committed. they came to ask him questions, dog came running thinking its time to play and they shot him 5 times.

if the cops are *knocking* at your door. DO NOT ANSWER IT. if they had a WARRANT they wouldnt be KNOCKING they would be KICKING IT DOWN.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The cops are really really beginning to lose their minds.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
When does the pot finally boil over?

Guess they need to shoot a few more grandmothers to death in their own homes.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I like dogs.
Seriously there should be a mandatory psych test for all wannabe (corporate) law enforcers, it seems any mentally retarded, psychologically unstable, steroid pumping sub-human is welcomed with open arms and given a badge and gun.
'Cop shoots dog' seems to be a rising trend in america, and at some point there will be one wee straw that breaks the camels back.
The straw will be what? 'cop accidentally tazes pregnant women killing unborn child'?
'cop accidentally beats a grandmother to death with truncheon'?
'cop accidentally brutally slays 5yr old playing hop-scotch'?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This has happened in the city i live several times. Cops shooting dogs left and right without provocation. Dog goes to greet officer like dogs do, no growling or anything and the cop fires away. And there is an ordinance against having pit bulls and they will shoot a pit bull on sight period. I mean entire neighborhoods practically uprising aginst the police it is that out of hand.

ottumwacourier.com...

Funny though i had the police dog greet me when i was kid and i did not feel threatened.

The Dog's name was spock, he couldn't have been that mean? He probably just wanted to mind meld. These trigger happy gestapo officers wont be getting near my pit bull plus i have him registered as another breed hehe.

Not a Pit

i56.tinypic.com...

edit on 22-4-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (
edit on 22-4-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Funny though i had the police dog greet me when i was kid and i did not feel threatened.

You should have knelt before the dog and kissed its paws. To meet a real honest to goodness police dog is like gazing upon the face of god almighty.

At least that's how the double standard is set.

When their dog mauls you its a heroic act. When your dog wags its tail it's threatening everyone in the room and need to be murdered immediately for the sake of the public.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The police dog's name was Bear was a German Sheppard like Spock, now if Spock had a badge he would be alive today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join