It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops knockin'? Wrong Address? Shoot your dog and let him suffer unattended for 3 hours?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Any breach of a home, is direct violation of the 4th. Self defense is permitted by law ( in most states ). Ashame that this happened, but even more of a shame that the home owner didn't take more aggressive actions.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealm
Any breach of a home, is direct violation of the 4th. Self defense is permitted by law ( in most states ). Ashame that this happened, but even more of a shame that the home owner didn't take more aggressive actions.

No doubt she foolishly believed, like most Americans, that if she had done nothing wrong no harm would come to her or her security.

Talking to a cop, for whatever reason, is perhaps more dangerous than confronting a mugger in the act.

Never answer the door and if they say they have a warrant start calling your friends, family, neighbors, lawyer and get as many people as you can at your home while they're trying to ram their way in.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Never answer the door and if they say they have a warrant start calling your friends, family, neighbors, lawyer and get as many people as you can at your home while they're trying to ram their way in.

Then lock and load, and wait for the barrage of unwarranted attackers to come in through the door, but then send them right back out the way they came in...100lbs heavier!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If this was my dog, who i love very very much, i would mutilate that cop, i would destroy him.

A man does what he has to, in full awareness of the consequences of his actions.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I turn off lights, the TV, and whatever else, and go sit in a dark room until the cops leave my front doorstep. There is no reason for me to talk to them. The music's too loud? I'll turn it off and be quiet. I'm not opening the door, or talking through it. I won't give them any reason to come into my home.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I won't give them any reason to come into my home.

That in itself gives them reason to call in armored vehicles and gas you.

Shutting up and minding your own business is "probable cause."

Sleeping through the knock on the door can turn into an 8 hour standoff in an instant.

All while you're dreaming of sugar plums and carrot cake SWAT teams are surrounding your house and tanks are rolling down the street while snipers take aim from neighboring rooftops.

After all you didnt come running to answer the beckon call of your master and savior the police officer so obviously you must be in the basement raping pandas and burning American flags.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Why so much outrage, and fist thumping about someone having their rights violated? It appears this deputy did not forcefully enter this woman's home, and may have gone to the front door for information. That is not an invasion of privacy or a person's rights to their personal effects, papers, or property.

The deputy was at the address to serve a warrant, but unfortunately it was the wrong one. It appears the woman's dog was running around her yard unleashed, and the deputy felt threaten? I clicked on the story. First thing saw was the picture of the dog. That is a threatening breed if a person doesn't personally know the animal, and it is not a poodle or a border collie. It is a pitbull.

Extra care has be taken by owners of this breed around others. If I seen that dog coming up to me, I would feel intimidated myself. After having the exchange with the deputy, she should have never called the dog to her side. She should have continued to reassure the officer that the dog was not a threat, and sent one of her sons who were there at the time with a leash to restrain the animal. I admit, it was tragedy, and a family lost their animal over a wild accident.

Personally, I feel the deputy may have felt threatened by the sight of this dog. There is a stigma associated with the breed, and blame the media for over dramatizing violent events involving these dogs. Other dogs bite and kill as well. This particular gets singled out because of it's history.You know dog fighting, and they are a popular breed among criminals. For me personally, I feel that is stereotype, and painting the kettle black. However, the stigma and public fear persists. Sad story, but no one's rights were violated by the police with this one.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My sister's dog was shot when police came to a call next door. The dog was on her property and wouldn't leave the yard. The officer said he didn't think he could get to his car in time if the dog did decide to come after him. He shot it. It was a Rotweiler and I am sure he was concerned.

Now, in this OP the officer said it was a crime scene. What crime had been comitted? If any crime was comitted, it was him shooting the dog, so is he facing any sanctions or charges for shooting her dog? And I agree with the poster that if you shoot a police dog, you are tried for murdering a police officer. So, why are our pets, often very much part of our family, not treated like they shot one of your kids that say had a baseball bat and was running home to eat dinner. The law doesn't treat things equally or the police would be much more careful about what they do I would think. Anyway, he should have put the dog out of it's misery rather than leave it alive like he did. That is cruelty to animals, another crime.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

you sound like a cop covering for a cop who's fukd up bigtime......

it was careless action,why is it on the home owner to control her dog...

have you not though maybe the dog was doing his duty,and felt the family was threaten by the sight of a man dressed in black,waving a gun ????

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
Why so much outrage, and fist thumping about someone having their rights violated(seriously???are you that lame?) It appears this deputy did not forcefully enter this woman's home, and may have gone to the front door for information. That is not an invasion of privacy or a person's rights to their personal effects, papers, or property. No, he went to serve a warrant. (at the wrong house, therefore, warantless..)

The deputy was at the address to serve a warrant, but unfortunately it was the wrong one.(did you not read your own line above this one?)The deputy was at the address to serve a warrant, but unfortunately it was the wrong one. It appears the woman's dog was running around HER YARD unleashed, and the deputy felt threaten? I clicked on the story. First thing saw was the picture of the dog. That is a threatening breed if a person doesn't personally know the animal,(that statement makes no sense?)and it is not a poodle or a border collie. It is a pitbull.(care to prove that?)

Extra care has be taken by owners of this breed around others. If I seen that dog coming up to me, I would feel intimidated myself.(probably cause you are a sheep) After having the exchange with the deputy, she should have never called the dog to her side. She should have continued to reassure the officer that the dog was not a threat,(again, read the damn source, she didn't have time to "reassure" the officer.he shot at it instantly) and sent one of her sons who were there at the time with a leash to restrain the animal. I admit it was tragedy, and a family lost their animal over a wild accident.(what is so "WILD" and "ACCIDENTAL" about it?)

Personally, I feel the deputy may have felt threatened by the sight of this dog. There is a stigma associated with the breed, and blame the media for over dramatizing violent events involving these dogs. Others dogs bite and kill as well. This particular gets singled out because of its history.You know dog fighting, and they are a popular breed among criminals. For me personally, I feel that is stereotype, and painting the kettle black.(again, stop with the contradictions) However, the stigma and public fear persists. Sad story, but no one's rights were violated by the police with this one.

you really are a piece of work aren't you?

edit on 4/21/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wow. The police in the US is turning into a NAZI organisation these days.
I am a very peacefull and easygoing guy but If you shoot my dog, I shoot you. No matter what uniform you wearing.
Crazy world.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
reply to post by Jakes51

have you not though maybe the dog was doing his duty,and felt the family was threaten by the sight of a man dressed in black,waving a gun ????

That dog is the owner's responsibility. Now, if the cop crept into the dogs enclosure or the homeowner's property unannounced, then it would have been a problem. However, the homeowner was notified and made aware of the police officer's presence and concern about the animal. Dogs can be used as weapons. I am only making my assertions from information provided in the article. From what I have read, it seems a freak accident took place. I don't believe a misuse of force was exhibited by the officer. Hindsight is 20/20.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

Originally posted by TheMaverick
reply to post by Jakes51

That dog is the owner's responsibility.

Now, if the cop crept into the dogs enclosure or the homeowner's property unannounced, then it would have been a problem.
However, the homeowner was notified and made aware of the police officer's presence and concern about the animal. Dogs can be used as weapons. I am only making my assertions from information provided in the article. From what I have read, it seems a freak accident took place. I don't believe a misuse of force was exhibited by the officer. Hindsight is 20/20.

If a cop shows up un-announced while you have YOUR dog running around YOUR front yard and he decides to shoot YOUR dog on YOUR property, would you still feel the same?

How is this a "freak accident"? Care to explain your reasoning behind this?

You contradict yourself so many times it's not even funny.

edit on 4/21/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
One thing is very clear. These local policemen have way too much authority over the populace. There needs to be some sort of reformation. There needs to be some more balance. Cops are people. We must realize that these people with badges do not have halos. I propose a new law requiring Cops to always be in the custody of a lawyer (public defender). That should change their tune.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

It seems like you have intentionally left out the part where the cop denies the homeowner the ability to attend to her wounded animal.......FOR THREE HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crime scene my arse, there was no crime committed other than what the fat pig did to their dog.

Still care to defend the pigs actions now?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I hate stories like these..I get worried because I got new next door neighbors that sell drugs right outside in the open like idiots, and i'm affraid cops might get the wrong address and hit me on accident, and I have a german shep so they would surely kill him. He is my bud.

Deebo

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

In his defense as stupid as cops are it takes a while to sort out things like a wrong address and where you are and what you're doing and what the hell you're supposed to be doing.

I can picture them now walking into a McDonalds and just staring up at the board for 2 or 3 hours just trying to figure out what's going on. Maybe while working it out they shoot a couple of menacing kids approaching them. It helps to get the gears grinding ya know.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Dont be afraid it will happen. Expect it to happen.

You dont even need drug dealers next door or in your neighborhood. For any reason at all they could show up out of the blue and destroy your life. It can happen to anyone, anywhere at anytime.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What is next? Shooting the 10,000$ Koi in someones showcase pond because the fish come up with open mouth begging for food and the police claim their life was in danger becaue the fish were obviously trained to attack?

The police are the mindless pitbulls of the enemy. they don't give a damn about the common folk they feed off of and claim to be one of.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
if that happened to me, i would dedicate and sacrifice my life to getting revenge on that pig...that sob would have no idea the hell that his short life would become...this isnt going to stop until we start fighting back...our lives mean nothing if our children have to grow up in the fascist hell this world is becoming...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join