It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Quantum Teleportation Breakthrough - No Information Loss This Time !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Looks like we are getting closer to something here. They talk about it in the context of quantum computing but of I see this headed towards the purpose of being able to teleport people/matter from one place to another.

Not sure what the end result will be or how the folks in charge will use this ability. Hopefully it will utilized for good and not for greed....

Teleportation becoming reality? (no information loss)
edit on 21-4-2011 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

It's still in the quantum world. I need to teleport my mother-in-law, pronto!! But this is gonna take another decade! Oh woe!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

You will be fine if you can teleport her through time, and get rid of her 20 years ago!!!

I've been hearing about quantum computer for a while. It would be nice to have as loss of data would become impossible with this system. That's what they said a few years ago.

But I fear only the children of our children's children will see the light of it...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

That is awesome. I've always been curious about quantum computing development. I believe it would be a stepping stone for mankind, like discovering how to make fire. It will change our society.

Lets hope this doesn't bring forth Quantum Skynet. That'd be extremely scary.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It talks about it being destroyed while another being instantly recreated in another location. If used for teleportation of people that would mean that "you" would be destroyed while a clone of you with perfect memories and appearance would appear somewhere else. But it still wouldn't be "you".

We need to find a way to move the atoms that make up your body, not create copies.

join