It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was it again that God is not helping the ones in need?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What an absolute load of nonsense.

They don't "SEARCH" for God? Are you joking right? Disease ridden tribes in Africa? Idiots wern't searching for God?

“Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"”

Many people don't know of God, and have never thought of a creator - You're going to condemn them because they arn't "searching" for God. This is what sickens me about the arrogance of a belief in God.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

NEWSFLASH:

People do in fact "search" for God.

And usually it's in times of dire need, not in times of joy and contentment.

Many people don't know of God, and have never thought of a creator - You're going to condemn them because they arn't "searching" for God.

I don't "condemn" anyone, I can't see the future. I have no idea what a person will do with Jesus during their life.

edit on 24-4-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

First I thought the reasons why God is not present to help the ones in desperate need is because it all has to do with seperating the good souls from the evil ones. But that is no reason to turn a blind eye to the ones in need......I give up... Someone...?

I haven't read through all of the replies. However, that which we call "God," is not a man who sits up there and directs everything on Earth. If just one time God would intervene, for one person, that act would negate free will forever. It sounds to me like you have been reading too much into this, friend. All human beings have free will, and are an immense power. A lot of times when a prayer is supposedly answered, it is really human will doing it. Hope this has answered your question.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is basically the way I look at it. God has a plan for everything. I remember when I was a child, if I lost my favorite toy or got my butt beat for being bad, that I felt the world sucked. It wasn't til I was older that I realized that the toy wasn't really as important as I made it out to be. The punishment I would get later prepared me for life with discipline. Trying to understand God's Will is compared to what it was like trying to understand why your parents did the things they did when you were a child. I think after we die, everything will become clear. Those "child" blinders will come off. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Well -- there are almost as many beliefs as there are believers. so if you are looking for "Thee Answer," you are probably out of luck.

I personally believe that the thing which we call god (as opposed to the entity worshiped by most religious people) is a macro-level entity that cannot directly know or perceive experiences at the micro-level. In the most basic sense, we were created to operate at this level because "god" cannot. Therefore, all experience -- good, bad or otherwise -- is novel experience to "god."

Since we cannot know "god" directly while incarnated in a physical body, we can only guess at its perspective and motivations. Overall -- I think the experience is positive for "both" of us, in the sense that the god / individual paradigm is a learning mechanism for building better "realities" over time.

Nothing you are can be created or destroyed. "You" were born in the nuclear fires of long dead stars, and you will one day return to them. We are divided for the sake of "love" and for a chance at "union."

Life -- as short and violent and bitter as it may be for many -- is also glorious and rich in experiences of beauty, music, light and a million other sensory / spiritual sensations.

The sense of separation you feel from god is both real and illusion. It is how god comes to know itself and experience its true multiversal nature.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
First it's best to remember that Jesus Christ came to this planet to be subject to the evil ones you speak of... he was brutally beaton and sacrificed himself... taking on our sins and offering us grace through Him... and he set an example to all and also to show how much God loves us... Jesus was warning humanity of it's fate should it not turn from it's wicked ways. Do not blame God for what wicked people do here... God does not force people to sin. We are all given Free Will... meaning God will NOT force us to love him or turn from the ways of satan... we are given an ultimatum to accept the gift from Christ or not... as you can see by the ever increasing destruction and violence... that these are the signs we have been warned about in the Bible... we are running out of time... it is now more important than ever to keep the faith. God will protect His children... remember that we are NOT our bodies and our time here is only a blink of an eye compared to eternity. And don't let the governments fool you... there is plenty of food and resources for the whole world... they choose through satan to make people suffer so people become dependant on them.

Praise and Glory to Jesus Christ!!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
if you believe in a just and true God, but want to understand why there is suffering in the world..
then go back and read this post.. it offers what I believe is the truth of the matter..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pccat

What you "believe." It might be "truth" to you but it's not the truth that most scientists care about.

It's just speculation and wishful thinking. There is no just God, there is no caring force, there is no prayer/wish system that any human can use. There only is, what there is, if there was a God, why would Atheism even exist?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pccat

What you "believe." It might be "truth" to you but it's not the truth that most scientists care about.

It's just speculation and wishful thinking. There is no just God, there is no caring force, there is no prayer/wish system that any human can use. There only is, what there is, if there was a God, why would Atheism even exist?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
answer to the original question:
Because God is not in charge of the Earth. Adam and Eve who were given the authority, passed it over to the Nakhash, who is now in charge. Try reading the Restored Hebrew texts of Genensis

www.thechronicleproject.org...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It's a major question I've had too. I mean, people struggle with hardly any money to feed themselves and their families, are nice enough people with no bad inside them yet suffer constant depression and loneliness due to being deserted by so-called friends etc. Meanwhile all the d-bags of society get all the attention, money and whatever else they need with no talent whatsoever and those who DO have a talent (writing, music, whatever yours may be) get screwed over time and time again.

It's enough to wonder if there really is a God or a Creator of some kind then is he or she just ignorant, unwilling to do anything or just a celestial and omnipresent version of the human d-bags because it sure as hell doesn't feel like a God would be unable to do something to help out in some capacity.

Ok sure, one aspect of my life may seem to have been nudged along and is fantastic now for the first time ever so far but if I can't even trust most humans then why should I trust an invisible and selfish being too?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I see this all the time.

What and or who causes suffering?
Man and his ambitions.

It's always strange to me to see man causing man's own suffering... and then blaming God for not stopping it.
We have free will. We are in control of our own fate.
Our greed causes starvation.
Our anger causes violence.
Our ignorance causes hate.

Yet we want God to step in and solve our problems and render our own spirits pointless.

He has said to us that love is what matters. It should be held above all else.

When you practice love, what diminishes?

Every single thing that you ask God to stop.

Do what is asked, and our problems will disappear.
Do it not, and we have no one to blame except ourselves.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join