It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was it again that God is not helping the ones in need?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Terrible things happened, are happening and will happen to innocent people. What I make of it is that God have left us in the hands of people with evil intensions and the unpredictable force of nature. Somewhere in the bible there is probably an explanation why He abandoned His most loved creation and gave it all in the care of evil. And this is something I can not comprehend.

Is this a tale by the church so it can rule over the people and give them false hope? One day it will be better and we shouldn't worry because every injustice will be dealt with in the end by God? Even then it is hard to belief that God has the stomach to watch the most horrible done to an innocent person (child/ baby), and not to forget animals and not to interveine. Who does such a thing....better yet......make such a deal or compromise with heartless and psychopatic evil?

Do not understand me wrong....I do belief in God and His power over everything here on earth and in heaven but it makes you think....and doubt. I feel lucky that something realy traumatic and injustice ever happened to me or my family but I can imagine that some less fortunate people would lose their belief in the excistance of God almighty because of that terrible experiance.

What can one say to such a person....and explain to him/ her to keep faith and that the promises made in the bible are not made by some money worshipping, power loving and corrupt institution?

Maybe throughout time the amount of injustice has always been the same but in my experiance it is as if it is increasing. This injustice also include fraud, curruption and the suffering of people because of natural phenomenon like floods and earthquakes.

First I thought the reasons why God is not present to help the ones in desperate need is because it all has to do with seperating the good souls from the evil ones. But that is no reason to turn a blind eye to the ones in need......I give up...

Someone...?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I dont believe that God is here to help you out. God might watch sometimes, God might intervene when it suits Gods purposes, but God is not here to make life easy. God just is. And trying to use our system of moralities and pin them on God, well that is just plain silliness

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
You see, God is kind of a dick sometimes.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I understand what you mean. I lost my faith many years ago and I have yet to find a reason to renew it. Many things have happened for this to happen to me (I'm not going to list them) but the most recent can be found in one of my threads.

Why I don't believe in God..

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anyone their faith and if it is still as strong as always then I am truely happy for you. Just don't try and convince me I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
For God to be truely a life bringer, God also must forefit control over creation, for true freedom, and will to be displayed, God cannot intervene, even if it were possible.

Look t it this way God creates life, we live it.

Interestingly enough I do not believe in God, certainly not as an entity, however I understand that this concept brings comfort to others, and to that end I would not wish to tread on another's belief system, so just trying to be supportive

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Apparently the needy need to help them or some crap

Its either that or there aint no god. I reckon its the later, there isn't a god

link   
God does not help anyone in a physical dimension, god never shows itself since we are contently reminded through design of life, you get free thought then its up to you, suffering is only subjected to a physical being and eventually you die and whats beyond that no one knows but as long as we die we cannot be enslaved by controlling entities that are in existence today.

If ever there was a story that people were visited by god, for example, Joan of Arc, Nostradamus and many more, i can assure that it is not God that is showing but a false God, the true Creator has no need to prove its existence nor could it communicate on our level...try to tell a single microbe something and see if it understands and we are made up of the same matter so imagine the Creator of all communication with us, its improbable, Gods message is in the trees and flowers and is seen in the micro and macro.

When you see bad happening do not think that God is allowing this to happen, but be mad at the ones you put trust into everyday ones you see and know exist, like government, teachers, friends, these are the ones that lie and create false belief, out of greed and the need to control.

Gods job is done, it creates thats all whatever is produced by the creation is on their own and with the power of free thought we have the tools to become a better person, but materials and control seems to be more of a priority that true knowledge, truth, peace and love, and a bliss full life.

now saying that there are probably advanced races and entities that have been around for millions of years, that have been looked at as Gods but we humans have a very bleek look on what God its could intervene but then you would have to look up Laws of Creation.
edit on 21-4-2011 by gmac10001 because: (no reason given)

link   
I only see two possibilities:

1) God does not exist in any form
2) God is not up there to help anyone, he just created the pool we all float-rot-drown-grow in. I wouldnt expect the Sun to stop burninig because I've fallen asleep on the beach.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I don't believe in good or evil....

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Because we're supposed to use our free will do actually do something. We're not supposed to sit around and wait for someone or something to do it for us. As a species, humans have become lazy and greedy, and we externalize everything. It's always someone else's fault. It's always someone else's responsibility.

Stop waiting and make it happen. That's why you and all the rest of us are in this reality. To learn to utilize our free will, creativity and divinity that is part of us all.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
because of two possible reasons

there is no god, at least not in the sense of what your thinking and two he\she simply doesnt care and has turned his\her back on human kind because we are too screwed up to be saved as a race.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Why would God worry about the material body?

In some views you are considered "blessed" if God takes everything material away from you, because then you can become a devotee.

In the NT, if you love this body and even feel attachment to family, you are not worthy to truly follow Christ.

Some Buddhists go further.
If you love God as a material creator and giver of material things, then God brings you more suffering and attachment to the fleeting illusion of materialism.

So therefore it is best not to waste time on God and what He might or might not be.
If you follow Buddha and meet Buddha along the path, then you must surely kill him as an illusion.

Otherwise, you are no better than a dog hoping for another bone.
But after that bone, you are hungry again.
It doesn't solve the dog's problem or his situation.
It's just attachment to a big enabler in the sky.
If there is God, then surely He is ultimately greater than providing material needs for mating and defending.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

thats good but has nothing to do with a Creator, good and evil is Dualism and only exists in a physical dimension.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Many interesting replies so soon....most interesting comments are by people who say that God created us and had never the meaning to help us out in anyway. In short, here you have your life and good luck with it...

Then...why worship such an entity....If so, He probably never wanted to be worshipped in the first place....Is the church then what I feared it is.....a fraud that excists because of the false hope they give people? Do not answer that....a completely other thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

I only see two possibilities:

1) God does not exist in any form
2) God is not up there to help anyone, he just created the pool we all float-rot-drown-grow in. I wouldnt expect the Sun to stop burninig because I've fallen asleep on the beach.

3) Maybe there is an answer I can't think of

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmac10001
reply to post by HunkaHunka

thats good but has nothing to do with a Creator, good and evil is Dualism and only exists in a physical dimension.

Which is pretty much everywhere.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The good news is God sent help for every single person in need

The bad news for those in need is it the rest of us he sent

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

god is worshiped by people that are scared to realize that we are alone, God like any other product is exploited for monetary gain, its not coincidence that the catholic church is one of the richest, they sell god for money, god would want to be appreciated and thanked by co existing with all creations and gratitude towards all things but we are doing the exact opposite.

not saying that believing in god is wrong we just have a very small perception of the creator, if you think that an old wise man who sent his son down to save us all,(failed miserably if thats the case) well they are setting themselves up for disappointment and again there are advanced entities posing as gods in order to control. I do believe there are some truths to the Thelema Ideology were it states as above so below, but above does not mean heaven.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Religions are nothing more than rules upon rules made by man.

Argue that all you want but the truth is the truth and that alone will set you free.

As far as the Most High goes....

draw close him and he will respond to you.

I've said enough.

Have a lovely day.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

I doubt God sent anyone but false gods and advanced entities claiming such things, and the narrowest of minds bought into it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join