It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Beginners Guide To The Oak Island Money Pit Mystery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
I would bet a months wages it was built around the time the fisher men never came back after going to see what the explosion was. pirates would kill others who came to the island, the explosion would have been the opening of the last section of booby trap tunnels activateing the natural defence system. the pit was build in a very smart way and location

I am not a betting person, it could well have been built around that time, no one knows for certain which is why its a mystery

if it was 16,000 years old then it was built to wait 1000's years for the water to rise and activate the booby traps(crazy build) and what ever is in there is older than any other find of its kind. i'm sure if this was the case it would be handled in a much more the professional manner

Some say the pyramids were built 10,000+ years before there true purpose (or at least until they aligned with certain star formations, anything is possible.

oh and the kids that found it found a hoist and rope above it 16000 year old rope is dust

According to reports the hoist and rope were found after the excavation had begun there are no confirmed reports that the block and tackle was there right at the beginning, however, I accept that if it was there at the beginning, it couldn't have been designed and constructed 16000 years previously.

good topic though and well presented
:

Gracias.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils
just wondering but were the coconut fibers and/or the oak plank 'barriers' ever carbon dated, or have they been lost through time?

That is a very good point actually, I will do a bit of digging and see what I can find. I would have thought that would have been the first thing that would have been done with our modern technology.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

Originally posted by Mercurio
How could people in the 1700s have dug this?
And the talk of booby traps, more than 100 feet down. Coconut fibers?

There is lots of mystery to this. Way more than can be satisfied by a ridiculously simple explanation like "Treasure buried by a pirate"...sorry, nobody goes to such lengths to bury treasure.

its no feat of engineering its a hole with tunnels leading to the beach a single boat of men could easy do that. plus all the odd layers would be something a pirate could get on his travels

Wrong. On so many levels.

'no feat of engineering'

'a single boat of men could easy do'

'something a pirate could get on his travels'

Really? that's what you've come away with, after all of this.

Please U2U me the number for 'your guy' - I'm running low.

Amazing, huh? The lengths "skeptics" will go to deny the obvious.
This could not have been built by ordinary people of that period. Booby traps and coconut fiber "cables" 100 feet down stretching to the ocean.

Putting aside the logistics of digging a hole like that, how are you going to get out? Think about it logically. A real person hiding a treasure would not have dug a hole deeper than 10 feet. You don't need to. It was luck that this hole was found and people thought to dig it. It could have easily been ignored. It's not like everyone looks at an odd patch in the ground and thinks "Buried treasure". You don't need to dig an eighth wonder of the world of a pit to hide it.You are not going to have somebody, much less a PIRATE, dig a hole more than 100 feet deep so elaborately with booby traps. Give me a break.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

I have to agree with you. the level sophistication at which this system is built clearly indicate, to me, that it was not built by pirates. I've always held suspicion that Atlantis was off the coast of Nova Scotia. Perhaps this pit was built by them.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If only we could convince trump obamas birth certificate was down there lol

It would be great if there was some billionaire out there that was getting old and was just like stuff it just started throwing money at all sorts of things that he wanted solved, digging up this hole, sending people to the north pole or w/e to find w/e it is people are always talking about there. Just spends his money on cool things, thats what i would do getting old just blow it all on cool stuff like that mysteries that had been around for many years that you would like to be solved. Send a fleet of ships to the Bermuda triangle etc.

It seems way to complex for pirates to build, and i doubt pirates would make some coded message, it'd be more along the lines of just plain english and about 'laying here buried below the coconuts lay me treaure arghhhh' haha. it seems to elaborate for pirates, pirates would just do like they always do in the movies, put it below a palm tree or w/e. To hide something so crazy like this it must of been something people did not want discovered till we had the technology to do it, sort of a hmm a weapon or something that they thought when they have the means to dig this up then the would also have the means to do what is right with it. Something along those lines.

Though if it could benefit all man kind, you'd hope the person digging it up was someone who isnt a money hungry person, imagine it was some free energy device hidden by the people of atlantis. Big business wouldnt be to happy, so you'd hope whatever it is if it was found it was given to the people to benefit them. Yeah we can dream right

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I am new to the site but I will say this, I live right outside of this area and the mystery has dazzled me for years. I want to take a trip down there soon, funny I have never been there being from new scotland.
edit on 1-5-2011 by novaaquos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I believe what ever was down there has been found and due to it's out of this world characteristics or the fact it would put question marks on our history as we know it,it has been hidden from us like many other things of this nature.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
when i was younger i remember watching a movie that said something about this "oak island pit," but i didnt know it really existed. i love this forum! so much interesting info.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Like most have said pirates bury treasure about 10 or so feet or somewhere they can get with relitive ease when needed.
digging a 100ft pit to bury something kind of smells of overkill to me,there must been a reason for the hole being there,sink hole or something but somebody would still have to set all the traps & put the logs in place.

A great mystery which i didn't know about before coming onto this thread.

nice thread,well presented OP

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Great thread, just found out about this mystery tonight.

Anyone have any more information?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Do some research on Petter Amundsen who has found some stunning new things on the Island in the last 10 years.. Fred Nolan who owns the land where Petter has found the last marker to be explored (mercy) in the cross on the island has been unwilling to work with Petter Amundsen untill now.. This will be huge! I have spoken to Petter, and this guy is serious about what he's found there.. Go see the 3 part introduction to the series: Sweet swan of Avon on youtube. =) I hope the english edition comes out soon for you all to see..

sencerely

Frater kekke

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Perhaps the engraved stone was left there for someone who had knowledge of this project?
And upon finding the stone,this person could then go about disabling the boobytraps?
Maybe this project was known about by some person on the other side of the world,one day hoping to visit the island,or if not possible,atleast pass on the knowledge to family descendents?
Did this person die before he could pass on the solution to this mystery?

So many questions!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by daveyboy1991
I think its a bad idea to go digging for something that somebody has gone to great lengths to hide, there would be a very good reason why there is such a complex structure to deter people from ever finding what it is

Agreed. Whatever is down there isn't meant to see the light of day.

I'd say the tablet is a warning. It was probably mistranslated.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by skekke
reply to post by franspeakfree

Do some research on Petter Amundsen who has found some stunning new things on the Island in the last 10 years.. Fred Nolan who owns the land where Petter has found the last marker to be explored (mercy) in the cross on the island has been unwilling to work with Petter Amundsen untill now.. This will be huge! I have spoken to Petter, and this guy is serious about what he's found there.. Go see the 3 part introduction to the series: Sweet swan of Avon on youtube. =) I hope the english edition comes out soon for you all to see..

sencerely

Frater kekke

I have an idea, why dont YOU post what YOU have learned about petter amundsen. This is a discussion board. Simply telling people to do research doesnt cut it here.

Especially since the youtube isnt in english...why the heck dont you just give us bullet points??

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Any updates?

I know they resumed digging.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Any updates?

I know they resumed digging.

Did they really?

Do you have any link or source?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well, Firstly this may be a dead feed but i read it and one other from top to bottom and it has inspired me to sign up for the forum. good on you... you distracted me from sleeping!

Now, Because of my curious nature i have read on oak island as needed while reading these forums and side tracking for the last 3 and a half hours to have a more educated thought process.

Firstly Digging has not been confirmed to have started yet. It Started and stopped in 2010 and is potential to start again(Not due to lack of funding?)

anyways i did some look ups on Petter Amundsen and found nothing relevant even translated the site.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

2012srb

I think its a bad idea to go digging for something that somebody has gone to great lengths to hide, there would be a very good reason why there is such a complex structure to deter people from ever finding what it is

This is the first thing that I thought of too.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

crazyeddie68

2012srb

This is the first thing that I thought of too.

It is in Human nature to ignore warnings and seem them as a point of curiosity... I will have to admit i am interested in what is down there despite the danger that could be down there

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Further to my earlier tale of the provenance of the gold chain found on the site...I heard a thing on the CBC a little while back. It was a re-broadcast of an old segment about Oak Island and they were talking to someone who had worked there. According to him, the Money Pit was pretty much a cash cow for locals who augmented their income by shovel work. When ever the owners/investors would get frustrated by the lack of results, somebody would toss a few links of chain into the dirt and that would guarantee a few more weeks of employment. Kinda broke my heart to hear it, but I suppose Blankenship could have an analysis done on the existing gold and get an indication of where it came from...if he has not already done so.

Well, long live the mystery of Oak Island!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join