It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the clock sais 11:11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
When I saw threads like this posted by other members I usually didnt bother with them...the whole " whoa I just looked at the clock and it was blablabla " phenomenon seems like bs to me.. changed my mind though. I just had the weird urge to look at the clock although I was focused on doing something and it was exactly 11:11.
Has this happened to anybody else here?
edit on 21-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

no, me it's 11:20---->but it's in France

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Yes sometimes, happens to me. Most always it is the same number. Might be more of a coincidence, or so I might think. I'm not that concerned about it though.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
happened to me couple days ago, pretty freaky i might say

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
happened to me couple days ago, pretty freaky i might say

Did you have the same urge to look at the clock?...yeah...really freaky. seriously...it was like a knee-jerk reaction to look at the clock on my pc

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
im sure everyone looks at a clock hundreds of times a day... and at some point in your life you have seen every combination available several times..
and sheer probability will tell you that, you will see 11:11 at some point, but because this number has something attached to it, your brain especially recognizes this number and makes a note of it.. so you, yourself start to believe that there is something to it.
its like if your friend buys a new car, that you have never seen before (or not alot) then after you will start to see them everywhere.. this is the same thing that is happening in this scenario..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Kind of, i had no reason to look at the clock, i wasnt waiting for anything, i dont have a bed time
haha, it wasnt such an urge but more like a random acted, random glance. I was just freaked out when it read 11:11

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I damn near never look at the clock. I don't even know what day of the week it is today...Im not a believer in the supernatural and collective conciousness or whatever, but this was weird I'm telling ya. I know what you mean though...like when you're out and you focus on a specific color of cars, you start to see them everywhere since you're looking for it, but that wasn't it...I was really focused on reading something and then my brain just said: look at the clock...I snapped my head towards the clock and it even took a splitsecond to process it was 11:11...just weird...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
reply to post by dude69

Kind of, i had no reason to look at the clock, i wasnt waiting for anything, i dont have a bed time
haha, it wasnt such an urge but more like a random acted, random glance. I was just freaked out when it read 11:11

you subconsciously look at the clock all the time... once your brain has registered the time, it will disregard the rest of the information that is not relevant to the action of looking at the clock..
only because this number has something attached, your brain has registered this and also the action involved in looking at the clock.. where as normally this information would be "dumped"
so in fact it seems like there is something to it.. but in fact it is nothing..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

But...what are the odds of glancing at the clock at exactly 11:11...even if you mentally attach some meaning to it...there are like a gazillion other number combinations in the course of the day...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69

I damn near never look at the clock. I don't even know what day of the week it is today...Im not a believer in the supernatural and collective conciousness or whatever, but this was weird I'm telling ya. I know what you mean though...like when you're out and you focus on a specific color of cars, you'll think you see them everywhere, but that wasn't it...I was really focused on reading something and then my brain just said: look at the clock...I snapped my head towards the clock and it even took a splitsecond to process it was 11:11...just weird...

funnily enough.. it just happened to me now. i looked at the clock and low and behold 11.11

when i looked at the clock and it said that, i did (for a split second) think wow, but that is only because my brain has made an association with that number now and has played a kind of trick on me..
the fact is i had been looking at the time occasionaly since ive been on this computer, but although the time registered none of the other information did..
our brains process so much information daily, that it would be impossible to sift through all the images, smells, sounds etc.. it will only process what is needed at the time, the rest of it, kind of get filed away, because it is not currently needed..
these sort of techniques are widly used in the advertising industry and is what helps millions of people part with there hard earned cash everyday.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69

But...what are the odds of looking at the clock at exactly 11:11...even if you mentally attach some meaning to it

id say it would have the same odds of seeing 10.10 or 12.12.. id give you better odds if you only looked at a clock once a day and it was always 11.11 when you did..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

happens to me all the time...the whole 11:11 thing...just coincidently looking at the exact moment.

My personal opinion is its really just a coincidence, but if you cruise through youtube you will find all sorts
of theories on the 11:11 phenomenon that people from all over seam to be noticing.

I am a bit interested to see where this thread goes. Thanks for bringing up the topic.

Here is the first website i found when I googled 11:11
to fuel your interest.
www.1111spiritguardians.com...

edit on 21-4-2011 by mahon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahon
reply to post by dude69

happens to me all the time...the whole 11:11 thing...just coincidently looking at the exact moment.

My personal opinion is its really just a coincidence, but if you cruise through youtube you will find all sorts
of theories on the 11:11 phenomenon that people from all over seam to be noticing.

I am a bit interested to see where this thread goes. Thanks for bringing up the topic.

Here is the first website i found when I googled 11:11
to fuel your interest.
www.1111spiritguardians.com...

edit on 21-4-2011 by mahon because: (no reason given)

Spiritguardians??...hmmm...protecting us from the number 11:11?...that reminds me

...just watched the movie " The time - machine " again and how the villagers are made to have the same nightmare about the Morlock's caves so they'll stay away from them...kinda like these Spiritguardians...but naaah.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mahon

Well...doesn't it kind of seize to be coincidence then oO

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Usually every day without fail, I get the urge to check my phone at 11:11 every day.
This morning I was writing an email that happened to autosave at 11:11. I noticed, then checked the time just as it switched to 11:12.
Every day without fail.
More often than not, the days that I do see 11:11 will also be accompanied by 13:13 and 15:15 or numbers like 12:21/01:10

top topics

join