It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible verses clearly condone the Killing of Gays and Witches.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianMentat
Well, I know no matter what I say with Christian in myname it won't matter to most. But from my discerning over 30 seconds I determined there is no value to their proposition. Any who cause the suffering of another, kind of cause their own; sooner mor later.

However, that was a 30 second interpretation, But I just kind f said that...

Any who cause the suffering of another, kind of cause their own?

Oh, you mean like KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR RELIGION, OR BECAUSE THEY ARE GAY/ OR A "WITCH"

I would think anybody that is on the CHRISTIAN side, would have their karma coming back at them for the millions dead in the name of christianity.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianMentat
Well, I know no matter what I say with Christian in my name it won't matter to most. But from my discerning over 30 seconds I determined there is no value to their proposition. Any who cause the suffering of another, kind of cause their own; sooner mor later.

However, that was a 30 second interpretation, But I just kind f said that...

I noticed the whole thread about suicidie got moderated. I mean they talk about ALL sorts of things here but ban a thread about suicide. AlI I can say is what I read over many rreligions over the Earth. ALL say "do not suicide". Yet again...

It is not empowerment, and believe me if any man would have done it , would have been me a few times... don't have perfect teeth, in fact I have nothing, I am outside my own culture. I can't just down in the street and talk to a man or woman; they speak a COMPLETELY different language. So how do you dare take your likfe on fallible principles?

Go ask someone the time, even the day. If you need to.

I have done this for three years, so any suicide, drug related, wtfever, is a coward. Just have a smoke and smoke. as in ciggy, if needed, and consider your family no matter how you hate them.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

That's laws for ancient Israel. Ancient Israel is no longer alive. The reason Moses set up sanction cities is for this very reason. Israel was not a free country. Israel was boot camp for a greater plan. If you found yourself in Israel with no desire to be part of the program, you left for a sanction city.

So yea, thanks for trying, and failing, to bring something meant for something else into modern times. Do Americans still follow the Magna Carta? No. Is it irrelevant? No. The same is true for the Old and New Testaments.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

There is hate crimes regardless of the culture or religion. This man clearly hasn't read the bible or else he would have read when Jesus said "Let he without sin cast the first stone", and man will always sin because we aren't perfect.

Now this leads me to believe one of two things 1) This man hasn't read the Bible cover to cover or 2) This man was an idiot who was a homophobe or 3) both

I think this man didn't read the Bible cover to cover and he was an idiot who hated homo's and witches. It is unfortunate but one bad apple spoils the bunch and I won't defend his actions because he was totally wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The truth is this, christians that point fingers or judge or do anything that is not out of love, are not christians and will probably not make it into the kingdom of god

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

so basically that should sum it up for you, the thing that sucks is that you will always have people that are embarrassing and dont live any kind of Christian life but act like they do and that they can judge, it hurts the name of Christianity because who wants to give something a chance when you have members like that?

in everything in life you will always have those people who take it a step to far and end up forgetting what they are really suppose to do, which is to love everyone equal and live the ways that jesus lived his life

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Whoops!

That darn book used as an excuse to kill someone -again-.

Clearly there should be a warning label and a background check before anyone is allowed to read it.

I would also be in favor of registration and not allowing more then one per household.

I am also against concealed Bibles.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Bible verses do not condone the killing of anyone: the Bible states, "Thou shall not kill" and "He that lives by the sword shall die by the sword"; how does this constitute condoning the killing of anyone? You were told, "He that is without sin first cast a stone"; if you understood who you are, you would not seek the death of another.

No one differentiates good from evil based on that which is playing out before them: man always seeks to justify himself in all that he does. If he understood the very Spirit which he is, he will understand pure love, the singularity of all souls, and the one commandment he was left with to exercise in, "Love your neighbor AS yourself", without which evil is easily justified.

May you find peace as you come to terms with who you truly are!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
OK for everybody who is a little slow... Jesus died for all man's sin's ... He died today.
Jesus didn't die just for the Sins of the Jews... He died for the Sins of all men, woman, and children
that means Jesus died for the gays and for the witches. All are subject to Gods mercy through him..
Happy Easter

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

Your choice not to believe. I'm just providing clarity between old and new testament. Hostility isn't warranted. If you do not believe than you do not believe.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We are the cause of our own suffering.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
This is an example of what happens when people read the bible by themselves instead of the cookie cutter version they give you in sunday school. Suprisingly they always seem to leave the bad parts out when they indoctrinate you as a child.

It looks like this kid was one of the few who read it on his own. So much for the "God" of love and understanding hmm?

King

The laws of Moses that stay are the 10 commandments. The reason stoning gays to death is accepted in the Bible is because the wages of sin are death. This is before the time of Jesus. Sin is a crime. Its similar to breaking the law in our times. There is always a punishment. The reason Jesus died on the cross was to pay for all of our sins. So we are under a new covenant. The kid that killed this guy obviously didn't understand and probably was mentally ill. These are the people that give the Bible a bad name, when really they don't understand.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Secular Christianity = Read Bible, apply only the verses that validate my bigoted ideas and ignore the rest

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by christof94
Secular Christianity = Read Bible, apply only the verses that validate my bigoted ideas and ignore the rest

Look around you and see the bigotted?

Personally I don't think you are that a fool, to recognise otherwise.

The K,J,V will show you the truth even by your best men

I need tp rest now but God love you.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

This kid would of been a perfect candidate recruit for JESUS CAMP!

Brain Washing ( Jesus Camp ''Highlights'' )

The Sickness in Religion at its best

The Jews had a Practice of having Gentiles NON Jews as 2nd class citizens just one step up from Slaves
in the Talmud its plainly there but Jews do not practice this anymore as it been said

Tidbits From The Talmud
www.sherryshriner.com...

let alone the Spanish Inquisition ! The Quakers Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

and Other Christian Cults back in the day took the bible word for word

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The Jews shall be saved. The rightgeuos. Possibly not you.

My Mum told me, so must be so...

I know that every American has been deluded against them, and in some cases rightly so, but you have to serve in the end what you believe: beyond death even.

Our Lord has many good things for us and I consider most men ignorant.

That is kind of all.

edit on 22-4-2011 by ChristianMentat because: (no reason given)

And those how took word for word were maybe trying to say something?

edit on 22-4-2011 by ChristianMentat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
First of all. To the ones that don't bother to actually read the Bible, yes God in the Old Testament used his people to kill people not of the faith. After the birth of Jesus and the Second Covenant It was made into one of the Commandments to NOT kill.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
After the birth of Jesus and the Second Covenant It was made into one of the Commandments to NOT kill.

Which, of course, has been ignored completely ever since, except by a very few sects like the Amish.

Just saying...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

So after existing for an eternity, God changed his mind in a few years about murder and intolerance. Cool guy.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Well, if unwanted advances are an excuse to kill people, then why not Exodus 22:18?

Though shalt not suffer a witch to live.

.....and it's fairly clear this is based on the 'common' law of the land at the time, it's not in any way described as the word of God, whether you believe in such a being or not. There is so much of this in the bible as it's a document of its time.

Look to the laws of any country several centuries ago, or even more recent and you will see judgements and sentences that will all seem equally shocking to modern eyes, people who treat every word in any book literally and without question frankly are missing the point and have no right to use it as a defense.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Gays and Witches...now being categorized in the same group.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join