It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible verses clearly condone the Killing of Gays and Witches.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I have always said that the bible is full of lies.

The bible was written by many people.

Anything which says kill gays is wrong wrong wrong. People who are gay do not choose it, they are born that way.

As for witches - if they are good witches, the bible is wrong.

If they are evil witches, the bible is right.

I know one person who is definitely an evil witch - yet I cannot do anything about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
A lie is a deception.

In order for the Bible to be a lie it would need to have group or an individual who is using it to get something out of it.

Let me ask you what benefit someone or something would get out of saying homosexuals deserve to die?
Or pretending that there is a magical man who died and made it so everyone can go to heaven?
Or that the universe was created in 6 days.
Or that the sun stood still for hours as an Israeli army broke down walls in at Jericho
Or that a group of Jews were taken from Egypt and create their own kingdom only to face genocide not once, not twice, not three times...but more still.
Or that a there exists a place where wicked people will be eternally punished?

I think when analyzed more carefully its easier to see that the more outlandish claim is that the Bible is full of lies. How much easier would it have been to create a religion that accepts everyone? Why make a selective religion? It seems to me if I were to create a religion to get things out of people I would make it open to everyone from every lifestyle and every god.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Koinonia because: grammar corrections

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think that Jesus himself was a very powerful witch, and I mean that with great respect.

The word witch is one that people hold different definitions of.

The way I always understood it, the verse referred to people that poison wells. It could have easily said Thou shall not suffer a WELL POISONER instead of witch, but witch was the word thrown around at that time for a evil person that meant human life harm, because poisoning a well could kill an entire village or town.

Oh, but wait...God did that himself.
Oh, but Jesus WAS God.
Maybe Jesus was a really bad witch that got reborn as a human and turned into a really powerful pure witch.
He said don't worry, the plants don't worry. Ok, so I won't.
No wonder I am not a Christian.
Christ makes lots of sense to me. The Bible doesn't make a lick of sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koinonia
A lie is a deception.

In order for the Bible to be a lie it would need to have group or an individual who is using it to get something out of it.

Let me ask you what benefit someone or something would get out of saying homosexuals deserve to die?
Or pretending that there is a magical man who died and made it so everyone can go to heaven?
Or that the universe was created in 6 days.
Or that the sun stood still for hours as an Israeli army broke down walls in at Jericho
Or that a group of Jews were taken from Egypt and create their own kingdom only to face genocide not once, not twice, not three times...but more still.
Or that a there exists a place where wicked people will be eternally punished?

I think when analyzed more carefully its easier to see that the more outlandish claim is that the Bible is full of lies. How much easier would it have been to create a religion that accepts everyone? Why make a selective religion? It seems to me if I were to create a religion to get things out of people I would make it open to everyone from every lifestyle and every god.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Koinonia because: grammar corrections

The benefit is to make it more exclusive and suit their predjudices. The only thing worse than such filthy skulduggery is that people thousands of years later actually believe this garbage.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The young man clearly requires guidance.
This made me smile, important questions for the biblically bamboozled.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbours bitch to the zoning people. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. What do you think would be a fair price for her? She's 18 and starting college. Will the slave buyer be required to continue to pay for her education by law?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence and threaten to call Human Resources.

d) I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should this be a neighbourhood improvement project? What is a good day to start? Should we begin with small stones? Kind of lead up to it?

e) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. I mean, a shrimp just isn't the same as a you-know-what. Can you settle this?

f) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here? Would contact lenses fall within some exception?

g) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die? The Mafia once took out Albert Anastasia in a barbershop, but I'm not Catholic; is this ecumenical thing a sign that it's ok?

h) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

i) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Now, for Biblical literalism, or people who argue that the Bible is so wonderful and just, I'm wondering: Jesus said the laws of Moses stay.
So why have you stopped killing witches and gays?
It only stopped fairly recently, but what made those verses suddenly metaphorical, rather than literal?
Was it a sudden insight?

Ok, here we go.. Jesus didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfill (complete the requirements ) of it, which he did on the cross. As for stoning witches and homosexuals. God the father has left all judgement to the Son, and when the Son returns to the Earth, He will judge the homosexual and the witch. We are told by Jesus to love others as ourselves, and to forgive, and to follow His ways. So we don't stone law violators today as was told to do in old Israel under their national laws.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

I will only take issue with your equating homosexuality and pedaphilia. They are not one and the same. A young child cannot make the choice against the adult's power and position of authority (unbalanced relationship). Two adult men or women can make that choice because they are both responsible for themselves. When there is an imbalance, usually we call it rape.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
To the unbelievers who just love to mock and insult God. You can do it all you wish. It changes nothing. You, like the witches and the homosexual will also be judged by the the one you insult today. You and He will have a conversation and it will be by your own words that you will judged by. In the end, you will change nothing. You can't make God go away. You can't escape Him no matter where you run to. And in your heart you will always know that you are wrong in your war with God.

This is not my own opinion. This is what the Bible says in the book of Matthew.

edit on 22-4-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
To the unbelievers who just love to mock and insult God. You can do it all you wish. It changes nothing. You, like the witches and the homosexual will also be judged by the the one you insult today. You and He will have a conversation and it will be by your own words that you will judged by. In the end, you will change nothing. You can't make God go away. You can't escape Him no matter where you run to. And in your heart you will always know that you are wrong in your war with God.

I have about had it with psychos like you. Why don't you take your hocus pocus religion and shove it up your @$$

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

I have about had it with psychos like you. Why don't you take your hocus pocus religion and shove it up your @$$

I could say the same about your delusions that there is no God, but I don't. Unlike you, I can handle your criticism and slander of my God. Can you handle being told you are wrong to say there is no God ? We'll see..

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

This is true. A word is a word. As time passes, meanings change. If I were to conjure up - pun intended - all the semantic conceptualizations and frames involving witch, as an American living in this day and age, I would link the following:

-pointy hat
-ugly nose with a wart
-flying on brooms
-October 31st
-Candy corn
-a caldron with bubbling liquid
-jars full of animal parts and odd things

Now, these meanings are totally linked to my culture and time. To take "witch" out of the Bible verbatim and apply the cultural linguistic framework of my mind is to totally misunderstand the context.

Translations are imperfect. There is no such thing as an exact translation. Take, two modern languages like Spanish and English.

Spanish: El lunes, lo va a llamar mi hermana al jefe para pedirle que le de un dia libre.
English exact translation: The monday, him goes to call my sister the boss for ask for to him that to her might give a day free.
The way we would convey this idea in our language: On monday, my sister is going to call her boss to ask him to giver her a day off.

Now, that is two languages that are, so to speak, in the same family. The Bible was translated from a Semitic language to Greek (two different families). While Greek may be in English's family, keep in mind that Greek went to Latin first and then to middle English and then modernized to our English.

Now, the words may have changed form and spelling, but I can guarantee you that the meanings have changed more radically than you could believe.

Deer used to mean any animal in older English.
Silly used to mean devote and holy.
Bead used to mean prayer (hence prayer beads).

Now, throw Gestalt and conceptual systems into the mix and see if you can get a consensus (even among people you would commonly believe to speak "your" language):

- whether or not X tree or Y tree is more of a "tree" to your group of English speakers
- whether X object is a stone or a rock...or maybe a pebble or even a boulder, a crag perhaps?
- whether the fruit is an apple, or something else...maybe even a fruit you've never seen before...or perhaps just a metaphor (yes, I'm referring to the tree of the knowledge of good and evil)

Point made?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

I could say the same about your delusions that there is no God, but I don't. Unlike you, I can handle your criticism and slander of my God. Can you handle being told you are wrong to say there is no God ? We'll see..

If your god is even half as insane, judgemental, jealous and evil as has been described in the 'holy' bible - I'll gladly take hell any day.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koinonia
How much easier would it have been to create a religion that accepts everyone?

Easier? Hardly. A Man once tried to create a religion that accepted everyone. He taught people to love each other and not judge each other. What this did was strip the power of social control from the Temple and place it once more in the hands of Man where it belonged. This man further taught to give back money and worldly goods to the government that gave it to you. Share what you have with all, do your work for God and mankind, not King and country. This made him dangerous to an Empire.

So, the priesthood and the Empire conspired to kill this Man. They crucified him and stamped out his burgeoning religion, which was a religion of Love and Peace. This could not kill his movement. So they infiltrated that movement and took it over from within. His religion of love and peace became a faith of fear and oppression.

Now I ask you, if such a man came today to restart that Holy faith of Love and Peace, would you stand with him, or would you call him a devil? Would you give your life to see such a faith spread, or would you call for his crucifixion again?

Judge NONE, Love ALL, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Care to quote scripture my friend? I do not recall one single time when Christ cast judgement at anyone.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Simplified version:

Jesus was the sacrifice for our sin, to cover our sin. An all encompassing sacrifice was not present before Jesus (old testament). His blood covers our sins therefore the laws for punishing sin are not applicable under the old testament, the old testament thence is just reference for what was the penalty and what our sins deserve. You should no longer fear being stoned to death only the fearful expectation of what is to come for those whom continue to sin without repentance.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I find it rather intriguing that half who claim that the Bible is wrong, full of lies, and shouldn't judge are passing judgement on something they so clearly do not see. You can read the Bible a thousand times and not understand faith. Actually you can read the Bible a thousand times and see contradiction. To those who believe and have faith they can read the Bible a thousand times and the truth is revealed in which seeming contradictions are replaced with understanding. The truth is only revealed to those who seek in earnest to find it. If you go into an argument with your mind made up it is nearly impossible for you to see truth no matter what side of the coin. I agree with quite a few though, religion is evil. Man made religion, God did not.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

What the title doesn't say is that witches, the cabalistic/satanist variety, are known to sacrifice children.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

edit on 22-4-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

When you die, I will send you to hell, forget god, god is a lower being to me,YOUR god is pathetic. I am the omnipresent of your race.

Your racism and ignorance will be punishable by death, any christian mainly will be hung and stoned by the community for your parts in helping destroy the human race.

Man I should write my own bible I think It would be a best seller xD

Anyone who thinks gays and witches will be judged upon death, that is just something you tell yourself to accept being so racist and hateful. Any idiot dumb enough to believe that deserves the crappy lives that you live.

Faith should be treated as a mental illness, it is very bad for you and the people you involve in your hemisphere of religious influence.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by impending_pyrrhic_victory

Simplified version:

Jesus was the sacrifice for our sin, to cover our sin. An all encompassing sacrifice was not present before Jesus (old testament). His blood covers our sins therefore the laws for punishing sin are not applicable under the old testament, the old testament thence is just reference for what was the penalty and what our sins deserve. You should no longer fear being stoned to death only the fearful expectation of what is to come for those whom continue to sin without repentance.

Right, your words might be ok if you lived THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO, but in so called modern times,

The sins of humans is being born, so he has to die for that?

Plus Jesus has zero solid evidence to support he even was real. And the Jesus story sucks, its a retold one for many other gods, you just choose to find value in it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well, I know no matter what I say with Christian in myname it won't matter to most. But from my discerning over 30 seconds I determined there is no value to their proposition. Any who cause the suffering of another, kind of cause their own; sooner mor later.

However, that was a 30 second interpretation, But I just kind f said that...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join