It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible verses clearly condone the Killing of Gays and Witches.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I read that a 17-year-old US man murdered a 70-year-old man, because the older man had allegedly solicited on the younger, but the youngster believed God justified him in beating the old man to death.
There is no proof about what the old man did.
Whatever the case, the defendant is clearly called a "man", and he was not a child.
thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...

A 28 year-old Philadelphia-area man admitted he stoned to death a 70 year-old man because the Bible says to stone homosexuals. John Joe Thomas reportedly killed Murray Joseph Seidman, whom he knew, and told police, “I stoned Murray with a rock in a sock,” because he had read in the Bible that gays should be stoned.

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, “The young man and Seidman were often seen together grocery shopping and going to church,” and “He then described how he placed batteries and rocks in a sock, and hit Seidman in the head at least 10 times.”

Think about this. Gays are being stoned to death in 21st century America. Actually, we don’t even know if the man who was stoned was gay, but his murderer thought he was

edit on 21-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Well, if unwanted advances are an excuse to kill people, then why not Exodus 22:18?

Though shalt not suffer a witch to live.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Now, for Biblical literalism, or people who argue that the Bible is so wonderful and just, I'm wondering: Jesus said the laws of Moses stay.
So why have you stopped killing witches and gays?
It only stopped fairly recently, but what made those verses suddenly metaphorical, rather than literal?
Was it a sudden insight?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is an example of what happens when people read the bible by themselves instead of the cookie cutter version they give you in sunday school. Suprisingly they always seem to leave the bad parts out when they indoctrinate you as a child.

It looks like this kid was one of the few who read it on his own. So much for the "God" of love and understanding hmm?

King

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I believe there is nothing Holy in killing people. To combine the two is well in my opinion is just stone age mentality. Which some cultures strive to be in. I believe in God but I don't believe the Bible word for word all of these holy books to me are just the earliest types of government and wicked humans trying to manipulate people. I think it's arrogance on the part of humans to think they can speak for god. I classify myself as a christian. I believe in Jesus. However in every book you have to take in account that humans are wretched beings and I'm sure the authors added or edited or miss translated what was useful to them.

How can you have a religion that you have faith in and not be able to figure out right from wrong. The lord says in bible vengeance is mine. well wouldn't those two statements contradict themselves. My personal beliefs are. God will take care of Gay's and Witches if he doesn't want them to exists. Why would he need his children to help him? also why would he create the Gay's and the Witches? Maybe the world leaders didn't like the witches because they scared them. Heck who knows maybe the witches are Angels that god blessed to do his bidding. Do I know that they are evil? No I never met one. Just food for thought. Anyone who murders for religion is a fraud. They certainly won't be in my heaven. lol

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

It only stopped fairly recently? lol 300 years ago to you is recent? Wow how are old are you? every book was created by humans I'm not aware of one that is not. I think when you read a religious text you have to keep in mind human nature. Humans manipulate and edit to suit there needs. It has been happening sense man first wrote. lol think about it. 300 years ago most people still couldn't even read. They could have made up anything and put it in there. That's why it's called faith. Things surely changed in the texts in between the 200-300 times the bibles the korans and other religious books were translated by man. Edited to suit the translators need.

In MY opinion there is not a human alive that can speak for the being I call God. I think it's arrogance and fraudulent for man or woman to state they know the Lords will. I think it comes to me naturally what his will is. If it's not holy right and just then it's not coming from god. He created everything. why would he create something and ask me to destroy it?
edit on 4/21/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Who cares what the bible says it is Ok to do.
We have laws that state it is not cool to kill people. Period.

The Bible is not the LAW. There is s difference between Church and State.

And just some food for thought, If the Church thought it was OK to kill gay people, half the priest/pedophiles in the joint would be dead.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

When was the last witch hanged in Western Europe?
When was the witchcraft act repealed in Britain?
People are still tortured and killed today as witches - just see Nigeria and the harm US missionaries have caused.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Now, for Biblical literalism, or people who argue that the Bible is so wonderful and just, I'm wondering: Jesus said the laws of Moses stay.

No

The laws of Moses were overriden by the law of Jesus upon his death. The Old Testament laws no longer apply....thats why we eat pork, etc.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

This is why the bible and religion should be phased out, it slows our progression as a advance race down, and causes more violent acts than anything else.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I think that its time for those that are "representatives" of the "word" should realize that this is deemed as wrong because of the actions that it represents! Stop picking and choosing what you think that god said, and either stand by it or move on. You cannot be taken seriously if you cannot be behind your faith.. whether you like the repercussions or not.

Stop blaming the O.T, or the so called misrepresentation, that only "you" can understand. This is a book and word of violence. It always has been and always has be.

Peace, NRE.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well, if we still followed the old Jewish laws there would be a lot of killing going on.

Parents killing their children:

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

and

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Fortune tellers:

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Adulterers:

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Any non-believers:

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Women that are not virgins when they get married:

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

People that work on Sunday:

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Wow. At this pace I don't see many people making it to the end of the week, so I'm going to stop while we're ahead...

We don't follow the Old Testament’s laws anymore. For good reason. The main reason probably because people randomly followed/follows that suit their needs...
edit on 21-4-2011 by Gemwolf because: Tags

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Where did Jesus over-ride such laws upon His death?

Please explain.

It appears that when the "apostles" spread the new cult amongst the gentiles, the message was well received, but many gentiles did not want to follow the dietery laws or go through the painful and risky surgery of adult circumcision.
Until that point converts to Jesus had to become "Jews" first.

But then, rather conveniently, Peter went into a trance and interpreted a rather disputable vision as doing away with all dietery restrictions (Acts 10:9-16).

After that business boomed.

edit on 21-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Great points.
But a Sunday?
Was the Sabbath on a Sunday?
Well, the Israelites counted the days from sunrise to sunset.
Their seventh day Sabbath remains today: sunset Friday to sunset Saturday.

The Roman sun-worshipers brought the idea of dividing the day from where the sun was at its strongest - here, or across the globe.
So they divided the day from 12:00 noon to 00:00 at night.
Hence they came up with a day that recognized both pagan and semitic sun worship:
Sunday!

However, that is not the Sabbath.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

No argument there. The sentence should indeed read "People that work on the Sabbath:" and not Sunday. The Sabbath was likely a Saturday, therefore anyone that has ever worked on a Saturday...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Its too late/early for me to post the verses tonight but if no one beats me to it I will look them up tomorrow

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

He must have been Jewish, because that as the old covenant.... The new one would never condone such blasphemy

This is why Jesus worked on the sabbath, to show that the law was made for man.... Not the other way around....
edit on 21-4-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
Its too late/early for me to post the verses tonight but if no one beats me to it I will look them up tomorrow

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Jesus said: Moses said one thing, but I say another (Matt. 5:21-45). Jesus presented himself as the greater authority, the perfect authority, the basis on which people will be judged. Our lives should conform to the standard Jesus set, not the imperfect standard Moses wrote.

GCI

The life, the death and subsequent resurrection of Jesus changed everything..

Remember that Jesus was all three things.. God on earth, the Son of God and a man...

He came to live as us, teach us and die for the sins we can not help but commit..

As he said ... "It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,"

Semper

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Again as I stated, The law of Jesus surpasses the law of Moses

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join