It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders "Momentus Moment In US History" - Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Sanders talks about how the next few months will be some of the most momentus moments in US history, but spends a good deal of time talking about how the Paul Ryan plan is a potential disaster for the American middle and low class.

The main points made in the video -

1. Talks about some of the cuts made in last weeks budget cut.

2. He says that even if the Paul Ryan budget plan gets close to passing, it will drastically transform the US in a bad direction. He says it would possibly take the middle and lower classes back to the 1920's era.

3. The Ryan plan is supposed to give a trillion dollars in tax breaks to the top wealthiest people in the country. Reduces top marginal tax rate from 35% to 25%. Same with top corporate tax rate, 35% down to 25%. (Dont forget some corporations dont even pay taxes.....GE *cough*cough)

4. The Ryan plan will convert Medicare into a voucher program. Supposed to start for workers under 55. Once you reach the age of Medicare, they let you choose a private insurance company and give you an $8,000 voucher. (I think there is something else but Im not sure)

5. Ryan plan = cuts in education, housing, food stamps, ect....

Basically, more tax breaks for the top 1% while cutting most of everything for the other 99%

Just thought this was an interesting video to share. Not sure if all of what he says is 100% true but so far I think he is telling it how it is.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I am starting to believe more and more that the government actually wishes for a revolt.
They better be careful for what they wish.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I just like the phrase "momentus moment."

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
people in america are still scared of the police. there is a reason the term sheeple exists. a sheep is a harmless, frightened animal that will run away at the slightest hint of trouble.

and the rest of the herd run along without even knowing what the trouble is.

the pretty much sums up america. if there was an armed revolt 10 people would show up, the other 299,999,990 people will be at home scared that they will be arrested.

another fact, the democratic party has 72 million members registered. the republican party has about 55 million members registered.

that's the problem with independent thinkers, you 100 independents and 100 opinions. nothing gets done.

so if the rest of the nation is independent, it might as well be 1 vs 72 million.

top topics

join