Sanders talks about how the next few months will be some of the most momentus moments in US history, but spends a good deal of time talking about how
the Paul Ryan plan is a potential disaster for the American middle and low class.
The main points made in the video -
1. Talks about some of the cuts made in last weeks budget cut.
2. He says that even if the Paul Ryan budget plan gets close to passing, it will drastically transform the US in a bad direction. He says it would
possibly take the middle and lower classes back to the 1920's era.
3. The Ryan plan is supposed to give a trillion dollars in tax breaks to the top wealthiest people in the country. Reduces top marginal tax rate from
35% to 25%. Same with top corporate tax rate, 35% down to 25%. (Dont forget some corporations dont even pay taxes.....GE *cough*cough)
4. The Ryan plan will convert Medicare into a voucher program. Supposed to start for workers under 55. Once you reach the age of Medicare, they let
you choose a private insurance company and give you an $8,000 voucher. (I think there is something else but Im not sure)
5. Ryan plan = cuts in education, housing, food stamps, ect....
Basically, more tax breaks for the top 1% while cutting most of everything for the other 99%
Just thought this was an interesting video to share. Not sure if all of what he says is 100% true but so far I think he is telling it how it is.
The Above Top Secret Web site is a wholly owned social content community of The Above Network, LLC.
This content community relies on user-generated content from our member contributors. The opinions of our members are not those of site ownership who maintains strict editorial agnosticism and simply provides a collaborative venue for free expression.
All content copyright 2013, The Above Network, LLC.